Modern Day Event What is happening to society?

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Very small sample size using the Bigfooty mysteries and conspiracies board, but we're all losing the plot...some of the threads, mainly in the conspiracies sub forum...just wow.

In this day and age...do we just question literally anything? I'm all for the truth and and open mind...but surely our world isn't so faked to the point of nothing being real? Going through the conspiracy board, everything we know is fake and a lie...surely not?

Am I giving the only one thinking this?

darthbards

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan
May 17, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
How can we not question things when we know so little?

I seriously think the people who believe just because they are told to are humanities greatest danger.

We have been told so many lies we don't even know what we stand for anymore. Our beliefs are inconsistent and confused.
People claiming in one breathe something doesn't even exist and in the next offering opinions on the non existent.

darth_timon

Hakuna Matata!
Oct 24, 2011
UK
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Stevenage
Very small sample size using the Bigfooty mysteries and conspiracies board, but we're all losing the plot...some of the threads, mainly in the conspiracies sub forum...just wow.

In this day and age...do we just question literally anything? I'm all for the truth and and open mind...but surely our world isn't so faked to the point of nothing being real? Going through the conspiracy board, everything we know is fake and a lie...surely not?

There's a tremendous irony in people complaining about a lack of truth, then buying into outlandish conspiracies.

Oct 3, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Cubs

I think you have your answer.

Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
Can you please enlighten us to these ones?
Nothing beats the flat earth thread, grown up adults believing in that. :drunk: I think its highly informative about the kind of posters around. Thankfully its only a handful.

Then you have the 9/11 thread, where no name anonymous journos lead us to salvation, the truth! nothing but the truth. :drunk:

Some people would believe in anything that is not MSM ,without realising that they are falling into the same trap as others. The situation in Syria and Iraq is unclear. Its impossible to know who is telling the truth if at all.

NEGAN

Premium Gold
Apr 26, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I honestly don't understand what you guys expect. I have seen this same question brought up numerous times and wonder why these people are even on this board. Water is wet sky is blue topics do not exist here why bother coming here if this is what you want to discuss.

Granted there is some weird crazy shiz that gets posted here, but I expect that when I enter a mysteries and conspiracy forum. Should I judge people for it? Heck no.

If the world had the same thinking as everyone else there would be no need for a conspiracy board.

I don't even know why some of you come here and tow the scientific line.

Scientific board is that way -----}

To answer your question on society, working 8 to 10 hrs a day and for 5-7 days a week, so you can keep the kardashians running on your TV, just so your teenage daughter can emulate them to fit in. Yeah society is cray cray.

Last edited:

darthbards

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan
May 17, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I honestly don't understand what you guys expect. I have seen this same question brought up numerous times and wonder why these people are even on this board. Water is wet sky is blue topics do not exist here why bother coming here if this is what you want to discuss.

Granted there is some weird crazy shiz that gets posted here, but I expect that when I enter a mysteries and conspiracy forum. Should I judge people for it? Heck no.

If the world had the same thinking as everyone else there would be no need for a conspiracy board.

You want to question society, working 8 to 10 hrs a day and for 5-7 days a week so you can keep the kardashians running on your TV so your teenage daughter can emulate them to fit in. Yeah society is cray cray.
This is the part I don't get.
Science dudes telling everyone how much smarter they are while constantly spending time telling everyone how stupid conspiracies are or trying to convince people God doesn't exist.

If science is the be all and end all,there is actually a science board.
If you don't dig conspiracies,a conspiracy board is not going to be a cool place.
If you don't believe in a god,don't worry so much about him.

darth_timon

Hakuna Matata!
Oct 24, 2011
UK
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Stevenage

To answer your question on society, working 8 to 10 hrs a day and for 5-7 days a week, so you can keep the kardashians running on your TV, just so your teenage daughter can emulate them to fit in. Yeah society is cray cray.

Why can't people who disagree with conspiracies post here? The whole point is to discuss these ideas, is it not? Which means some of us will present opposing points of view.

NEGAN

Premium Gold
Apr 26, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Why can't people who disagree with conspiracies post here? The whole point is to discuss these ideas, is it not? Which means some of us will present opposing points of view.
Absolutely,

We are both Round Earthers but there is a difference between you and I in our discussion in the topic when debating with flat Earthers.

A discussion on a forum like this requires to be a bit more opened minded. You and others just dismiss any topic which may lead to a good debate as

"lol 4 elephants"

" lol ice wall"

"Lol crackpots".

"Delusional"

If you are of the opinion that anyone that wants to talk flat earth etc etc is a crack pot, well this place is not for you.

darth_timon

Hakuna Matata!
Oct 24, 2011
UK
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Stevenage
Absolutely,

We are both Round Earthers but there is a difference between you and I in our discussion in the topic when debating with flat Earthers.

A discussion on a forum like this requires to be a bit more opened minded. You and others just dismiss any topic which may lead to a good debate as

"lol 4 elephants"

" lol ice wall"

"Lol crackpots".

"Delusional"

If you are of the opinion that anyone that wants to talk flat earth etc etc is a crack pot, well this place is not for you.
I've been attempting to have meaningful discussion on topics such as FE and been met with repeated ad hominiems from certain quarters. I may engage in a bit of mockery, but that's often in response to mockery.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
This is the part I don't get.
Science dudes telling everyone how much smarter they are while constantly spending time telling everyone how stupid conspiracies are or trying to convince people God doesn't exist.

If science is the be all and end all,there is actually a science board.
If you don't dig conspiracies,a conspiracy board is not going to be a cool place.
If you don't believe in a god,don't worry so much about him.

Because science is totalitarian at it's root....As it must be, given it believes in no such thing as a soul, a conscience or a God....Their invisible, ergo unsubstantiated & unverifiable.

The funny bit is of course, it's utterly self defeating, as without positing a consciousness to begin with, they have zero metaphysical grounds upon which to make any assertions to begin with, being they rely upon that invisible psyche to communicate in the first place.

They intuitively sense that there's something missing in their equations, but they just can't figure it out, as it won't compute on their calculators, reveal itself in their bunson-burners or register on their thermostats, or richter-scales.:p

LOL....Science nerds....Don't you just love em.

Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
Because science is totalitarian at it's root....As it must be, given it believes in no such thing as a soul, a conscience or a God....Their invisible, ergo unsubstantiated & unverifiable.

Really? science says there is no soul or god? show me the study which does? by definition science is the study of the physical, you want METAphysical without an understanding of the physical. That's why your understanding of levels of consciousness is so poor. Study Gnosticism (dont even have to study eastern mysticsm) which you purport to be, it has plenty to say about evolution and devolution of consciousness. Plenty of scientific studies like Near Death experiences, in renowned medical journals, talk about evidence of soul. But lets just ignore all that and talk about atheism masquerading as science cause it serves your purpose of science bashing :drunk: .On another note, i just noticed you were having a conversation with darthbards. Well that's explains then.

darth_timon

Hakuna Matata!
Oct 24, 2011
UK
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Stevenage

The funny bit is of course, it's utterly self defeating, as without positing a consciousness to begin with, they have zero metaphysical grounds upon which to make any assertions to begin with, being they rely upon that invisible psyche to communicate in the first place.

They intuitively sense that there's something missing in their equations, but they just can't figure it out, as it won't compute on their calculators, reveal itself in their bunson-burners or register on their thermostats, or richter-scales.:p

LOL....Science nerds....Don't you just love em.
Science isn't totalitarian. Science doesn't have 'beliefs'. You are conflating religious approaches with science, which is completely wrong.

Feb 24, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Science isn't totalitarian. Science doesn't have 'beliefs'. You are conflating religious approaches with science, which is completely wrong.

No, it's totalitarian alright....Inasmuch as it attempts to foister it's verifiability models & procedures upon all claims to knowledge.....Context amigo.

Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
No, it's totalitarian alright....Inasmuch as it attempts to foister it's verifiability models & procedures upon all claims to knowledge.....Context amigo.

lmao! yep thats why there's potential falsifiability to every theory. Please do enlighten us, how a field of study which is by definition a study of the material world should find out about the metaphysical? Maybe a soul can be shown under x-ray? is that the answer you are looking for? You claim to have read so much of philosophy, yet you don't understand polarity, duality and manifestation of the physical by the divine. Jung would be spinning in his grave.

and talking about totalitarian, this is coming from someone who claims to have the knowledge of objective truth ;) .Ahem!

Feb 24, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
lmao! yep thats why there's potential falsifiability to every theory. Please do enlighten us, how a field of study which is by definition a study of the material world should find out about the metaphysical? Maybe a soul can be shown under x-ray? is that the answer you are looking for? You claim to have read so much of philosophy, yet you don't understand polarity, duality and manifestation of the physical by the divine. Jung would be spinning in his grave.

and talking about totalitarian, this is coming from someone who claims to have the knowledge of objective truth ;) .Ahem!

Doesn't matter....Science attempts a universal claim to knowledge, relegating all other claims that do not conform to it's procedures, to the scrap-bin.

That's what it all comes down to.....Hyperbolic LMAO or no kiddo.

Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
.Science attempts a universal claim to knowledge, relegating all other claims that do not conform to it's procedures, to the scrap-bin.
Show me one scientist who claims that? considering we can only see 5 percent of the universe, how on earth do you think any scientist can say that? you should be banned from speaking about science. No scientist will say they have a universal claim to knowledge, but every advancement of mankind is on the back of science. What would you want to do? give up on your computer? tv? mobile phone? and go live in the dark ages? its upto us humans to use science. You are way out of your depth here.

And procedures like that? its pretty clear you do not understand anything about meditation? cause meditation is scientific. Does reading books lead to enlightenment? or quoting Rumi without understanding the context of the quote makes someone smart?

Feb 24, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Show me one scientist who claims that? considering we can only see 5 percent of the universe, how on earth do you think any scientist can say that? you should be banned from speaking about science. No scientist will say they have a universal claim to knowledge, but every advancement of mankind is on the back of science. What would you want to do? give up on your computer? tv? mobile phone? and go live in the dark ages? its upto us humans to use science. You are way out of your depth here.

And procedures like that? its pretty clear you do not understand anything about meditation? cause meditation is scientific. Does reading books lead to enlightenment? or quoting Rumi without understanding the context of the quote makes someone smart?

Wakey, wakey TP....This aint the science thread amigo.....Once more, allowing your emotions to run away with you.

Back