• Straight swap for fringe player

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • fringe player and Pick

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Don't want him.

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't want to turn this into an exchange about Dank and what he did at Melbourne after he left Essendon, do you?
If I were a Melbourne supporter I would sit pretty quietly back and let other clubs do the sledging about the supplements saga.
Rubbed some dodgy cream on Trengove's foot?

Because the four games Jack has played since than have really helped.

Just a reminder: your club was found guilty of taking performance enhancing drugs, Melbourne was not.

Sep 20, 2005
Hell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks

Just a reminder: your club was found guilty of taking performance enhancing drugs, Melbourne was not.
There was that small difference with Melbourne having medical records and Essendon destroying evidence.

60sbomber

Club Legend
Jul 4, 2011
Frankston
AFL Club
Essendon

There was that small difference with Melbourne having medical records and Essendon destroying evidence.

I don't want to derail this thread with a full on exchange about the supplements program, but since givemethecure brought it up, I'm not going to let it go without a response.
It is bandied around since the CAS decision as an established fact that Essendon gave banned substances to their players.
It isn't.
It is a conclusion WADA badly wanted, and CAS was willing to bend over backwards to support.
By the same logic, some of the same evidence, and the same assumptions that CAS used to manufacture their guilty verdict, Melbourne are just as guilty as Essendon, and with more direct evidence to support it, than was the case with Essendon.
If you don't believe that, I am happy to run you through the reasons it is true in a more appropriate forum than this thread, if you like.
But don't ever think you are going to get away with making that assertion about the saga outcome and the guilty verdict unchallenged

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
It is Melbourne who are playing silly games, trying to hold onto their 2nd round pick because they have already traded out of the 1st round.
Everyone knows Hibberd is worth pick 20 or so, and Melbourne are trying to get him for unders.
No, he is not worth pick 20. In the 30s maybe - especially when you consider that Essendon promised they would assist affected players in leaving. In actual fact, Essendon are acting the same way they always have with regard to trading. They have not conceded anything. And this after offloading Melksham for a 2nd rounder... Essendon doesn't do goodwill. You screw clubs and players to the wall. I hope that after the Hibberd deal is concluded that we stop dealing with Essendon for a while.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I don't want to derail this thread with a full on exchange about the supplements program, but since givemethecure brought it up, I'm not going to let it go without a response.
It is bandied around since the CAS decision as an established fact that Essendon gave banned substances to their players.
It isn't.
It is a conclusion WADA badly wanted, and CAS was willing to bend over backwards to support.
By the same logic, some of the same evidence, and the same assumptions that CAS used to manufacture their guilty verdict, Melbourne are just as guilty as Essendon, and with more direct evidence to support it, than was the case with Essendon.
If you don't believe that, I am happy to run you through the reasons it is true in a more appropriate forum than this thread, if you like.
But don't ever think you are going to get away with making that assertion about the saga outcome and the guilty verdict unchallenged

No one cares, please leave.

Marc_Remillard

Maderator
Jan 4, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
You don't want to turn this into an exchange about Dank and what he did at Melbourne after he left Essendon, do you?
If I were a Melbourne supporter I would sit pretty quietly back and let other clubs do the sledging about the supplements saga.

Jesus you're full of s**t

Bombers and non MFC supporters, if you don't like what we are talking about don't read or post in this thread.

Our board, our discussions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we trying to outplay Essendon at there own stereotype of being hard to deal with? Just hand over the ******* pick already and sign him on

stabler

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Why are we even dealing with these drug ****s. Tell didildo to suck the fat one and they can keep hippo, hell well even throw milkshakes in there too as a sweetener.

Russian Demon

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
It isn't.

And that is the attitude that has caused 3 seasons to be derailed by a bunch of arrogant morons. Doesn't matter if they took them or not at this stage, fact is they created an environment where it was not only possible they did, but it was also deemed likely. Look at cycling and athletics and the way WADA has adjudicated those cases and blind freddy could see you were never getting away from it. Players might beleive they didn't take performance enhancing drugs, but they sure as hell failed in their personal responsibility for what went in their bodies, and were always going to be whacked for that.

And on that note... jog on.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
WTF? Who cares whether it gets agreed as this years or next years whatever? Why are there hysterical Bombers supporters over here playing grown ups "I'm a hard-nosed trading expert with power and s**t"? Why have so many idiots persuaded themselves that their views are remotely relevant here?

Why am I here? Why are any of us here? Does life have any meaning? Why am I reading this?

WTF? Who cares whether it gets agreed as this years or next years whatever? Why are there hysterical Bombers supporters over here playing grown ups "I'm a hard-nosed trading expert with power and s**t"? Why have so many idiots persuaded themselves that their views are remotely relevant here?

Why am I here? Why are any of us here? Does life have any meaning? Why am I reading this?
6a00d8341c03bb53ef01bb0855b040970d-pi

And that is the attitude that has caused 3 seasons to be derailed by a bunch of arrogant morons. Doesn't matter if they took them or not at this stage, fact is they created an environment where it was not only possible they did, but it was also deemed likely. Look at cycling and athletics and the way WADA has adjudicated those cases and blind freddy could see you were never getting away from it. Players might beleive they didn't take performance enhancing drugs, but they sure as hell failed in their personal responsibility for what went in their bodies, and were always going to be whacked for that.

And on that note... jog on.

Cronulla accepts ban, 2 years later wins flag.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers

The quitting smoking is going well then PG?

Back