What is in your comic collection?

Remove this Banner Ad

I have about 25 short boxes of Supes, Bats, Phantom, Punisher, Spawn, The Goon, Lobo, some misc bits and pieces like the short-lived Nth Man and the US Judge Dredd from DC and big batch of pre-90s comics my bro picked up a garage sale (in excellent nick at $15 for the lot when they could easily go for $4-$5 a pop). Plus four big plastic storage boxes of 2000AD and JD Megazine.

Maybe 3,000 comics?

I have all but 2 of the 90 odd 90's Ghost Rider series (with Ketch not Blaze). I don't have #1. I really should get it (and the other i don't have) because with the movie coming out soon it'll probably get a boost in price. Still annoyed how they ended that series (never came to the final conclusion they were setting up).

I have a few #1's (FF, Ironman, Captain America) when they restarted in the late 90's. Haven't bought a comic in years though. Tempted to start up with the new GR but haven't yet.

I had several years off (until a few years ago), but I've got well over a thousand.

Before the break:

Uncanny X-Men #'s 118-170
Loads of Captain America (esp the bronze age stuff with the Falcon).
Loads of Avengers.
Loads of Amazing SpiderMan
Complete run of Machine Man.
Complete run of Man-Thing.
Jim starlin's "Metamorphosis Odyssey" (including the Dreadstar series).
Loads of Nexus.
I used to be a total Marvel Zombie (except for the Nexus stuff).

Then I gave up, until a few years ago, when my son and I began watching Justice League together and my interest was re-kindled. I then became an avid DC lover.

After the break:

Close to a qtr of DC's output, including Superman titles, JLA, Batman titles, the Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and all the "Crisis" gear (among others).

I've also now got a complete run of the Authority (my fave superteam book-EVER), and I'm getting a whole bunch of WildCATS (esp V3) and Stormwatch back issues when I can get them.

Oh, and I'm also currently buying the Civil War stuff (but not all the tie-ins), Eternals, Uncanny X-Men (but only while Brubaker's writing it). And Hulk.

I re-bagged and boarded them all recently too. What a job! Took alot of Wild Turkey and Cola cans (not to mention the polypropylene bags)...but I got there.

I've got a pretty decent pull-list now that I can afford it. I spend $50-70 weekly (what a knob, eh?).:thumbsu:

i'm not sure how many comics i've got... i've got one massive box full of them, as well as around 15 shoe boxes... I actually had alot more, but sporadically I go through them and throw out the ones I'm never gonna read again, don't like or ones i think won't be worth anything.

My collection mostly consists of Marvel stuff, especially Spidey. I've bought quite a few spidey back issues from the eighties (which was a golden period for the character) including the first appearance of the hobgoblin.
I've just about got the entire run of Ultimate Spider-man and Ultimate X-men.
Grant Morrison's New X-men rates pretty highly too and Bendis' Daredevil.
i've also got a truckload of trades. Y: The Last Man is probably my favourite as well as Wanted by Mark Millar... Love those two blokes... imo the best two writers in the biz today.

Heaps of Archie comics, heaps of Phantom comics, a few Batman comics (with Man Bat :thumbsu:) a few assorted marvel comics that came in show bags, a few old GI Joe comics, a few old Transformers comics, nearly all of the complete run of the new Masters Of The Universe comics, and heaps of MAD Magazine.

About four or five hundred Phantoms. A few of Spiderman, Superman, Fantastic Four and a few other marvel titles. Quite a few old Disneys. Fifty or sixty Simpsons. Twenty or thirty Freak Brothers. About eighty British Viz and an almost complete run of the Australian version, maybe thirty Zit comics. A fair few of those Archie digest things but the last I saw of those my son had them and he's a bit rough on books.

Quite a few Calvin and Hobbes and Ernie/Robotman books as well.

Er lots of stuff. "Jonah Hex", "Birds Of Prey", "Astro City","Justice League","Top Ten","Girl Genius", "Modesty Blaise" (several black and white collections from the newspaper strip AND the colour D C comic ), "Earth X", various "Sandman" and "Death" trades etc etc

I've never really been into comics, but i got Fray by Joss Whedon (Dark Horse) because I love the tv show buffy. The comic is great. I'm looking forward to the new buffy comic which is season 8 which will be out next year. Has anyone else read Fray?

I've never really been into comics, but i got Fray by Joss Whedon (Dark Horse) because I love the tv show buffy. The comic is great. I'm looking forward to the new buffy comic which is season 8 which will be out next year. Has anyone else read Fray?

I haven't read Fray, but I keep hearing good things about it.. it's on my 'to buy list'.
Yeah, I'm pumped for Season 8 of Buffy as well, especially since it's written by the great man, Joss, himself. It's due out in march... Check out this link. http://comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=8983

Have you read any other Buffyverse comics? There some pretty darn good ones. Spike, Spike:Asylum, Angel: Auld Lang Syne and Spike vs Dracula are all top notch reads, especially for Buffy fans.

Plus if you're a Joss addict, check out his run on Astonishing X-men. It's brilliant and you can't go wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A fellow Port supporter and I had a comic importing business back around the late 1970's.

I had complete runs of the Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, Thor (including the Journey into Mystery editions), Defenders and some others.

Sold the lot in about 1980, before I got married, it came to several 1000's even back then.

Now I only have a run of Uncanny X-Men from number 95 through to 200, only missing Giant Size 1 and number 94 from the "important" issues.

I'll probably sell them I guess

I have approx 900 in boxes under my bed. Countless graphic novels on my book shelf.

Have collected FF, Spiderman, Xmen, Superman, XMen, Captain America, Phantom and various other comics at some stage or another over the past 15 years. Lost a lot of my collection to water damage but still try to keep the rest in good nick and fill in any missing bits and pieces when I get the chance.

As a young fella I found Cap to be the most exciting stories, but I lost interest around 2002. The X Men were also a particular favourite of mine, causing me to blow a lot of pocket money during the Onslaught saga.

Now I am slowly collecting various graphic novels, like Sin City, Dark Knight Returns, V for Vendetta etc.

I have approx 900 in boxes under my bed. Countless graphic novels on my book shelf.

Have collected FF, Spiderman, Xmen, Superman, XMen, Captain America, Phantom and various other comics at some stage or another over the past 15 years. Lost a lot of my collection to water damage but still try to keep the rest in good nick and fill in any missing bits and pieces when I get the chance.

As a young fella I found Cap to be the most exciting stories, but I lost interest around 2002. The X Men were also a particular favourite of mine, causing me to blow a lot of pocket money during the Onslaught saga.

Now I am slowly collecting various graphic novels, like Sin City, Dark Knight Returns, V for Vendetta etc.
I've also been getting more "collections" most recently "Shadowpact : The Pentacle Plot" and (a little while ago) the delightfully "pulpy" "High Roads"!

Recently got "League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen :Black Dossier" and a collection of Modesty Blaise newspaper strips "Death Trap". (My 11th "Modesty Blaise" collection !)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back