Opinion What is Mitch Mcgovern worth to the dockers?

Remove this Banner Ad

Perthcrow23

Senior List
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
So the dockers have missed out again on a big fish with the re-signing of Jeremy mcgovern to the eagles. Their inability to attract a big name player has hit crisis point over here in the west and they are now considered a laughing stock. What is the bet they throw something huge at Mitch this year. In my opinion its almost certain.... what is he worth to a club desperate to change peoples perception and show big names want to come and play for them? And what are we willing to accept for a player with the potential of M Mcgovern if he chooses to leave?

Last edited:

Let's start with their first round pick and negotiate from there I guess.

(No, I don't think he'll be going to Fremantle)
I dont think he will either. But the dockers are now being viewed the same here as gold coast and north with the constant player rejection. Freo had a monster offer on the table to j gov and were certain it was a formality... not any more. We saw gold coast panic buy weller last year for massive overs for the same reason. I fear a god father offer heading m govs way....

Let's start with their first round pick and negotiate from there I guess.

(No, I don't think he'll be going to Fremantle)
I'd go a 1st and a future 1st

Enabling us to keep Fremantle 2018 1st (pick 6 = Rankine) then trade our 2018 1st, Carltons 2018 2nd and our 2019 1st rounder for pick 1 ( throw in a player sweetener if Carlton required)
Out: M.McGov, Adel 2018 1st, Carl 2018 2nd, Adel 2019 1st

In: Lukosius, Rankine, Hately and Frem 2019 1st rounder

Have they got any SA talent? I'd take their first rounder and a promising but unproven kid. That would put us firmly in the frame for Luko or Rankine.

I'd go a 1st and a future 1st

Enabling us to keep Fremantle 2018 1st (pick 6 = Rankine) then trade our 2018 1st, Carltons 2018 2nd and our 2019 1st rounder for pick 1 ( throw in a player sweetener if Carlton required)
Out: M.McGov, Adel 2018 1st, Carl 2018 2nd, Adel 2019 1st

In: Lukosius, Rankine, Hately and Frem 2019 1st rounder
Not sure that that would happen. It might be their 1st this year and a swap of 1st's next year or if somehow it was their 2018 & 2019 1st's, our pick 19 + might have to go back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the dockers have missed out again on a big fish with the re-signing of Jeremy mcgovern to the eagles. Their inability to attract a big name player has hit crisis point over here in the west and they are now considered a laughing stock. What is the bet they throw something huge at Mitch this year. In my opinion its almost certain.... what is he worth to a club desperate to change peoples perception and show big names want to come and play for them? And what are we willing to accept for a player with the potential of M Mcgovern if he chooses to leave?
He wants to play with his brother, not against him......that's why he initially knock back the big offer from Fremantle which means he either needs to go to Sydney or Brisbane (which I doubt) or Melbourne (where the "news" started).

He wants to play with his brother, not against him......that's why he initially knock back the big offer from Fremantle which means he either needs to go to Sydney or Brisbane (which I doubt) or Melbourne (where the "news" started).
J gov only recently on record saying the boys have given up their dream of playing afl together and actually enjoy their rivalry on the field. He also says they are more than happy and looking forward to playing together for their local club after their respective afl careers have finished.

I don't think he is worth half of what Adelaide would want to release him and I'm happy with that result.

Brennan Cox is tracking well enough to offer the same in a couple of years anyway.
What? Cox is as slow as hell compared to McGovern, did you see that chase on Rayner who had a 10 metre head start.
McGovern is very quick for his height.

What? Cox is as slow as hell compared to McGovern, did you see that chase on Rayner who had a 10 metre head start.
McGovern is very quick for his height.
Cox runs a sub 3s 20m.
They both have good vertical leaps, Cox (92cm), McGovern (87cm). But that difference in leap could be down to Cox being bigger to start with.

I'm just praying Freo don't trade him back to SA.

Anyway, I'm very happy for Mitch to not come to Freo for crazy money offers. Adelaide deserve to get full value for him, sticking with him through time out of the top level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back