Opinion What is Mitch Mcgovern worth to the dockers?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dockers should be able to get Tim Kelly. Plus isn't there a few more WA lads wanting back home? Hogan??? I can't keep track. I just hear a WA kid wants home and then roll my eyes.

Mitch McGovern will be in Adelaide in 2019 and 2020. By that stage he will likely be a substantially better player and unless i'm mistaken we will still have the right to trade him as a RFA.

I see no logical reason to entertain any offers for him other than the Godfather offer! Trading a player like him for 'fair value', absolutely not!
Contract runs out a year before FA

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I see something equally boring happening. Also see us picking non SA kids with at least 1 of those picks and sending this place into meltdown!
Of course we will pick a non SA kid and maybe even 2 and I don't have a problem with that

Prefer the best players like talia and Sloane were at their picks

If it's a south Aussie v 3 kids from other states all pretty even then we pick the SA kid

Dockers should be able to get Tim Kelly. Plus isn't there a few more WA lads wanting back home? Hogan??? I can't keep track. I just hear a WA kid wants home and then roll my eyes.
Kelly is interesting one.

Probably at the similar output as Gibbs this season.

We could of drafted him instead of Gibbs and had a spare first rounder.

The white elephant in the room.

Kelly is interesting one.

Probably at the similar output as Gibbs this season.

We could of drafted him instead of Gibbs and had a spare first rounder.

The white elephant in the room.
Kelly gets to be 3rd or 4th banana in a star midfield.

Gibbs has had to lead us most of the year

Kelly gets to be 3rd or 4th banana in a star midfield.

Gibbs has had to lead us most of the year
You can look at it a number of ways.

Opposition puts it's bananas into danger yablet and Donald duckwood and Kelly picks up the scraps

Conversely to win the ball his biggest hurdle is his teammates who you don't get in the way of.

I suppose it comes down to personal objectivity which way you call it .

And yes Gibbs important in those early life saving wins.

Pick ones are speculative and people are placing too much value on them. McArtin, Boyd, Patton, Waitering, Watts all number one key picks and key position players in the last 8 years. I know I'd rather have McGovern than any of these especially when fully fit. He's established well for a young player, is only 23 and about to enter the prime of his career

Pick ones are speculative and people are placing too much value on them. McArtin, Boyd, Patton, Waitering, Watts all number one key picks and key position players in the last 8 years. I know I'd rather have McGovern than any of these especially when fully fit. He's established well for a young player, is only 23 and about to enter the prime of his career

There is that. Boyd though was an enormous talent who might have been more consistent in a better environment.

Point remains that it’s been a while since a top 3 KPP was worth the cost. I’d rather Mitch than virtually any of them

Ultimately that judgement rests with Haggis though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course we will pick a non SA kid and maybe even 2 and I don't have a problem with that

Prefer the best players like talia and Sloane were at their picks

If it's a south Aussie v 3 kids from other states all pretty even then we pick the SA kid

Agree. But this year, unlike most others, there are 3 SA players worth moving pieces around for. But even then, I would probably prefer Smith after Luko if he was available at our pick. Probably Walsh before Rankine too. And I really badly want Rankine. I almost hope the decision is taken out of our hands and he is best available at our pick.

Luko, Smith, Walsh/Rankine. Probably the smart thing would be Max King after Smith, but I just can’t get excited about him. I think he is a typical hit or miss KPF that comes through. You are almost obligated to take the risk on him, flight risk and all.

Agree. But this year, unlike most others, there are 3 SA players worth moving pieces around for. But even then, I would probably prefer Smith after Luko if he was available at our pick. Probably Walsh before Rankine too. And I really badly want Rankine. I almost hope the decision is taken out of our hands and he is best available at our pick.

Luko, Smith, Walsh/Rankine. Probably the smart thing would be Max King after Smith, but I just can’t get excited about him. I think he is a typical hit or miss KPF that comes through. You are almost obligated to take the risk on him, flight risk and all.
Rankine is the best pure football talent I've ever seen at that age

Weitering was very, very good in defense even in his first year.

Carlton screwed him up by suddenly decided that one of the best natural defenders I've ever seen should be a forward instead.

But make no mistake, if Weitering wasn't horribly mismanaged he'd be considered one of the best defenders in the competition in a year or two.

There is that. Boyd though was an enormous talent who might have been more consistent in a better environment.

Point remains that it’s been a while since a top 3 KPP was worth the cost. I’d rather Mitch than virtually any of them

Ultimately that judgement rests with Haggis though
Oh and add Schake from Brisane to the list. Mitch to get us one top 5 pick or two firsts outside the top 5 or he stays

Weitering was very, very good in defense even in his first year.

Carlton screwed him up by suddenly decided that one of the best natural defenders I've ever seen should be a forward instead.

But make no mistake, if Weitering wasn't horribly mismanaged he'd be considered one of the best defenders in the competition in a year or two.
All ifs my friend. Playing against men is a different ball game

If I was Freo I’d be throwing the kitchen sink at McGovern
Yer, we'd be furious if a south aussie was wanting out of a club and we didnt chase them.... good marking forwards don't grow on trees and its not like freo have any. They should be chasing hogan and mcgovern flat out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back