Strategy What Is Our Gameplan?

Remove this Banner Ad

Number 10

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
This isn't a pisstake thread and I genuinely want to know from others who have an eye for strategy/Gameplan - can anyone tell me what our game plan is?

What our strategy for scoring is?

What are we doing so wrong (got people to call for Bucks' head)?

And if anything, what are we doing right that, with some healthy players back, that will allow us to win games?

If anyone can answer without taking the piss that would be great.

Mods if you want to merge with the bucks thread fine. I just wanted to see if anyone who has a better eye for gameplans than me could shed some light without it being derailed by bucks v Malthouse talk.

The game plan won't work if we don't have the talented players to execute it. We have too many duds in our side. Time for a rebuild over the next few years. Its unfortunate we won't get first round picks next draft. Maybe trade Cloke for a first rounder? But what is he worth these days?

The game plan won't work if we don't have the talented players to execute it. We have too many duds in our side. Time for a rebuild over the next few years. Its unfortunate we won't get first round picks next draft. Maybe trade Cloke for a first rounder? But what is he worth these days?

Bag of twisties and a mars bar.

so rebuild of a rebuild

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ruckman - tap it to the other team or miss it completely. Once this is done, go in the opposite direction to the ball. If it happens to come your way do not impose a physical presence.
Midfielders - try not to touch it but if you do, turn it over as quick as possible while still in the centre square. If you do get a clearance, handball it over and over to your teammates until you lose it and then watch in admiration as the other team pump it into their 50 with a single kick.
Backline - guard your piece of grass and do not leave it under any circumstances - opposition players running into an open goal are not your concern. If you get the ball kick it backwards on all occasions. 50m kicks down the line are not allowed.
Forwards - under no circumstances put on any pressure - the ball must not spend more than 15 seconds in our forward 50. If you happen to get the ball, shank your kick out on the full or look to a situation where the opposition have a 3 on 1 and kick it there.

All players - at all times look for opportunities to get injured. Refer to manual for best ways to suffer serious harm.

Coaches - do not show creativity or innovation at anytime and never change game plans no matter how bad things are going but, above all else, NEVER EVER use the following words... 'play man on man' or you will be instantly fired.

I can actually see what our game plan is and it is terrible anyway regardless if it is carried out as designed. It is based on handballing out of the backline instead kicking it. The focus has been on handballing getting numbers around the contest and running the ball out of congestion. Major problem is all the other teams know this and squeeze up on us hence;
We have MASSSIVE issues with 1) our midfield set up 2) our rucks 3) our back line clearances 4) our protection of the ball carrier 5) Defending a kick out. I reckon we have had the most coast to coast goals kicked against us 6) our overall skill level.

There are several guys in our midfield that do not do enough Crisp, Aish, Greenwood, notice they are all new to the club !! And you can throw in Adams into that mix. These were acquisitions sought by Buckley.

The season is a write-off and it's round 7. Unfortunately Buckley won't be given the indiginity of being sacked mid-season. He will see the season out and we have to watch that garbage that was dished out week in week out. His position is untenable.This is like 1999 all over again. Where yet again a former champion of the club has been given more than enough time to actually do something other than destroy a team. We are at best bottom 4 team. We have beaten only 1 team really the Richmond game was more about the mentality weak Tigers as opposed to how good we are. Brisbane will beat us this week. I console myself in the fact that every bad loss can only count against Buckley as our coach.

Handball as hard as you can to an unsuspecting team mate standing flat-footed seemed to get a fair run today.
Yep and make sure they're too close to be able to react in time

I'll attempt to answer this but no idea if I'm actually on the right track.

It seems like a counter-attack gameplan. Another poster mentioned using the handball. It looks like we're trying to run in a wave to keep the forward line open (you'll notice we usually keep it open on defence) and hit a forward leading back into the forward 50. I think our first goal today was like this. The problem seems to be what we do when their defence has already set up for it. There were so many cries in the crowd today of "just kick it!!!!" but, to me at least, we just didn't have the numbers up the field to kick to. Whether this is because the opposition is ready for it or our forwards aren't getting into position quick enough I don't know. That's what it looks like to me though.

Game plan what's that exactly?

open-uri20150422-12561-17ob7kg_5aa6bfda.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back