What is Perth's shittest suburb?

Remove this Banner Ad

Classic upper middle class suburb. Mainly anglos with the odd cashed up Asian or Indian. Similar to Duncraig or Greenwood NOR. If your starting or intending to start a family it's a good bet.
Yep, getting to that age where I want to get some apprentice brewers. More familiar with the northern suburbs but gf's family is all sor.

Any good or bad spots in Kardinya? Starting to look at new options ourselves. Definitely want to stay SOR. Happy to stay in the 6164 as well but next purchase needs to tick the box for schools and be a long termer.

Any good or bad spots in Kardinya? Starting to look at new options ourselves. Definitely want to stay SOR. Happy to stay in the 6164 as well but next purchase needs to tick the box for schools and be a long termer.
Kardinya is generally a good area but I know someone who's recently had troubles with probable meth heads vandalizing some of their property. Don't know how long that lasted though

Kardinya is generally a good area but I know someone who's recently had troubles with probable meth heads vandalizing some of their property. Don't know how long that lasted though

Cheers mate. Sadly that sort of thing can happen anywhere. I'll be mindful of it though. Won't be moving realistically for 12 months or so but keeping an eye on things now.

With the club moving to Lathlain, does anyone see more players taking up residence in SOR? Obviously not in the near future but I can see it happening in 5-10 years.

I reckon bogans are liberally sprinkled all over this wide brown country, often not far from the wealthiest leafiest suburbs. Was driving through the back lots of old Mandurah central recently and spied a neat little brick n' tile house with roll down shutters, perfectly manicured lawns and garden, statues of gnomes, kangaroos and koalas -the double shed outback, V8 ute in the driveway, the Aussie flag flying out front and... a plaque next to the front door "Bogan Villas" !!! Self deprecating bogans, some irony, not bad I thought.
But yes, we really do have an alarming and growing number of under-educated, ill-informed, lower socio-economic demographic, otherwise referred to as trailer trash or bogans.

I reckon bogans are liberally sprinkled all over this wide brown country, often not far from the wealthiest leafiest suburbs. Was driving through the back lots of old Mandurah central recently and spied a neat little brick n' tile house with roll down shutters, perfectly manicured lawns and garden, statues of gnomes, kangaroos and koalas -the double shed outback, V8 ute in the driveway, the Aussie flag flying out front and... a plaque next to the front door "Bogan Villas" !!! Self deprecating bogans, some irony, not bad I thought.
But yes, we really do have an alarming and growing number of under-educated, ill-informed, lower socio-economic demographic, otherwise referred to as trailer trash or bogans.

I'm thinking about joining them! As in retreating further South, that is. We've managed to save for a deposit for our next house but as we're in family mode I'm not sure I want the stress of a half mill + mortgage hanging over my head on a periodically single income.

Less than 10 minutes down the fwy the houses drop by 150k. Seems a reasonable sacrifice to rub shoulders with my bogan brothers like my good old Mandurah days before I reformed myself.

I'm thinking about joining them! As in retreating further South, that is. We've managed to save for a deposit for our next house but as we're in family mode I'm not sure I want the stress of a half mill + mortgage hanging over my head on a periodically single income.

Less than 10 minutes down the fwy the houses drop by 150k. Seems a reasonable sacrifice to rub shoulders with my bogan brothers like my good old Mandurah days before I reformed myself.
After living in Asia for years, we've landed in Halls Head by default, a teenager at school. Have lived all over Perth and Australia in the past. It's actually a really nice place to be, beaches, marinas, estuary, dolphin quay etc. A real mix of people and housing from luxury mansions to swathes of suburban starter homes, weekenders, old crab shacks-all sorts and all types. Like anywhere there are certain suburbs within greater Mandurah that you learn to avoid. A lot hot-rods, customised cars and motorbikes, a lot of characters, some homeless people, graffiti taggers, wayward hoodie teens, bogans, druggos, but mostly a lot of hardworking people and city commuters on all levels.(also lots of creative types, artists, writers etc - one of Australia's most successful street artists Ian Strange aka Kid Zoom-huge in USA and New York-comes from Rockingham)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After living in Asia for years, we've landed in Halls Head by default, a teenager at school. Have lived all over Perth and Australia in the past. It's actually a really nice place to be, beaches, marinas, estuary, dolphin quay etc. A real mix of people and housing from luxury mansions to swathes of suburban starter homes, weekenders, old crab shacks-all sorts and all types. Like anywhere there are certain suburbs within greater Mandurah that you learn to avoid. A lot hot-rods, customised cars and motorbikes, a lot of characters, some homeless people, graffiti taggers, wayward hoodie teens, bogans, druggos, but mostly a lot of hardworking people and city commuters on all levels.(also lots of creative types, artists, writers etc - one of Australia's most successful street artists Kid Strange-huge in USA and New York-comes from Rockingham)

I know Halls Head really well, spent my late teens there. Family have a couple of houses in the area. It's come along way with all the new shops. I'd be happy back somewhere like that but too far to drive for work.

I know Halls Head really well, spent my late teens there. Family have a couple of houses in the area. It's come along way with all the new shops. I'd be happy back somewhere like that but too far to drive for work.
Yep, I don't commute, but it would be a slog every day on that freeway and exxy...

The corridor west of Armadale used to go by the suburb name Westfield.

It's reputation was so offensive that in order to get developers on board, all references to the name of the suburb were erased and replaced by "friendly" marketable names like "Seville Grove", "Camillo" and "Brookdale".

Historically the area was nothing but an intermittent swamp on the west of the southern railway, occupied by the impoverished families of failed citrus farming and logging enterprises. It was intergenerational trash then and it remains intergenerational trash now.

As someone who works at the Armadale cop shop.

Set Fire to all of it and start again.

Building a big new courthouse out there so I doubt they're going to start again, but seems like they know what they're dealing with!

Spend it on napalm.

All the napalm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back