What is Perth's shittest suburb?

Remove this Banner Ad

What do people think of Carlisle these days? Seems not as s**t as it used to be? My partner and I have found a house we like there

Theres a good part and a bad part separated by a major road from memory. Was chatting to a friend about it a few years ago when he was looking at houses. I know of a few suburbs like that.

Theres a good part and a bad part separated by a major road from memory. Was chatting to a friend about it a few years ago when he was looking at houses. I know of a few suburbs like that.

Yeah I have heard the same. It might be Archer st? I have a feeling this place could be in the "bad" part. Oh well we're having a look inside the place on Saturday so I'm sure we'll be able to sus it out then. Not really familiar with the area as I have pretty much lived Freo way my entire life.

Yeah I have heard the same. It might be Archer st? I have a feeling this place could be in the "bad" part. Oh well we're having a look inside the place on Saturday so I'm sure we'll be able to sus it out then. Not really familiar with the area as I have pretty much lived Freo way my entire life.

Do some night time scoping out of the area and the street. Listen out for the usual racket, unwalked dogs that sit in the yards barking all day etc etc.

It could be one of those suburbs where the good area rubs off on the bad to make some moolah, or it gets dragged down with the bad side.

Im in Yangebup, West of Spearwood Ave in Bayview Estate and its crazy the difference in house quality and prices separated by that one road. But you cant pick it just looking at ads on realestate.com, its really once you drive the area and map out where the houses are for sale that you see the divide

Do some night time scoping out of the area and the street. Listen out for the usual racket, unwalked dogs that sit in the yards barking all day etc etc.

It could be one of those suburbs where the good area rubs off on the bad to make some moolah, or it gets dragged down with the bad side.

Im in Yangebup, West of Spearwood Ave in Bayview Estate and its crazy the difference in house quality and prices separated by that one road. But you cant pick it just looking at ads on realestate.com, its really once you drive the area and map out where the houses are for sale that you see the divide

Scoping it out at night is a good idea, cheers!

The corridor west of Armadale used to go by the suburb name Westfield.

It's reputation was so offensive that in order to get developers on board, all references to the name of the suburb were erased and replaced by "friendly" marketable names like "Seville Grove", "Camillo" and "Brookdale".

Historically the area was nothing but an intermittent swamp on the west of the southern railway, occupied by the impoverished families of failed citrus farming and logging enterprises. It was intergenerational trash then and it remains intergenerational trash now.

It's reputation was so offensive that in order to get developers on board, all references to the name of the suburb were erased and replaced by "friendly" marketable names like "Seville Grove", "Camillo" and "Brookdale".

Historically the area was nothing but an intermittent swamp on the west of the southern railway, occupied by the impoverished families of failed citrus farming and logging enterprises. It was intergenerational trash then and it remains intergenerational trash now.
Strong call out but I'll allow it.

Brookdale is regarded as the worst of the three by locals now. Camillo though...going through there at night can be rather unpleasant

Some good comments and I have to agree with some. Particularly that some suburbs are highly divided, good and bad bits.
Also agree that if looking to live there, visit at night.

Swan View got an early mention. Grew up there and some bits at the top of the hill were pretty good. Nice views, big blocks and houses. The bits to the west of the high school and shopping centre, houso hell. Drugs, violence were the norm.
Lockridge got a lot of mentions, deservedly so. Lived nearby in 'just another middling burb' Noranda and Lockridge was hell. Alarms and a guard dog required. Otherwise you might as well leave the front door unlocked. Still get everything nicked, just less damage.
Midvale was pretty rubbish. Full of gangs when I grew up.
Some of the burbs around Armidale were forgotten wastelands.

Just having a quick look at stats, Midvale and Midland have crimes rates head and shoulders above anywhere else!

Just having a quick look at stats, Midvale and Midland have crimes rates head and shoulders above anywhere else!
Went to school in Midland in the 70s. At that time Swan View was being built so old Govo (since knocked down) had the most students on the smallest school site in the state. 1609 students. The only grass in the place was 1 x hockey pitch and (strangely) 4 grass tennis courts I got to use once in 5 years. Because of the huge student numbers we weren't allowed on the grass and PT was always in the gym or the netball courts because the grass was unusable. What are the playing fields for new Govo was at that time the Midland open fill rubbish tip.
To say Midland was a stinking hole would have been spot on. It was a hole, and it stunk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feeling a little left out here in the Country so i`ll quickly do Kalgoorlie.

Kalgoorlie.

(Nah - it`s Adeline)
I concur with Adeline... I called it Little Beirut as my car got rocked around the same time as this comment was posted. Overall Kalgoorlie isn't a bad place

I concur with Adeline... I called it Little Beirut as my car got rocked around the same time as this comment was posted. Overall Kalgoorlie isn't a bad place
Was born in Kal, lived on Varden street then Egan street. From memory Egans pretty central.

I then moved to Bunbury and grew up there. What's people's opinions on Bunbury vs "shittier Perth suburbs"?

I have lived in West Perth (nice), Ellenbrook (meh), Victoria Park (I like), Burwood (nice) and Stratton (hole).

Thoughts on the Bullcreek/Leeming area?

Sick of how cramped it is in the Leederville/West perth area, grew up in the western suburbs so no idea what its like living SOR.

Classic upper middle class suburb. Mainly anglos with the odd cashed up Asian or Indian. Similar to Duncraig or Greenwood NOR. If your starting or intending to start a family it's a good bet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back