What is Perth's shittest suburb?

Remove this Banner Ad

Been there recently. Has potential to be amazing but unfortunately the majority moving out there are bogans

Ellenbrook doesn’t have potential. Fringe suburbs are at there peak when they’ve got new housing stock and young families. As they age out the housings lack of quality tends to show, the houses suffer depreciation and it becomes locked in as a lower socioeconomic suburb.

Unlike core and middle ring suburbs places like Ellenbrook will struggle for renewal in the long term as the land won’t appreciate in value all that quickly being so far from jobs and amenities.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ellenbrook doesn’t have potential. Fringe suburbs are at there peak when they’ve got new housing stock and young families. As they age out the housings lack of quality tends to show, the houses suffer depreciation and it becomes locked in as a lower socioeconomic suburb.

Unlike core and middle ring suburbs places like Ellenbrook will struggle for renewal in the long term as the land won’t appreciate in value all that quickly being so far from jobs and amenities.

Happened with places like Woodvale in the 90s. New subdivisions that young families move into. All the kids grow up, and all of a sudden you've got a massive number of teenage kids roaming around with not much to do except get up to mischief. That's the problem with newer suburbs over established ones. There's not enough diversity in the age ranges of people moving in there, hence why they turn into little ghettos.

Lol. I just mean that the landscape could be beautiful if they hadn’t built everywhere. The one spot I went to was a nice undulating slope with some mist in the valley and a view of the darling rangers. Would have been a decent bush block back in the day. Seemed quite dreamy. Then I realised it was all built up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol. I just mean that the landscape could be beautiful if they hadn’t built everywhere. The one spot I went to was a nice undulating slope with some mist in the valley and a view of the darling rangers. Would have been a decent bush block back in the day. Seemed quite dreamy. Then I realised it was all built up
The whole Swan Valley is becoming built up...very sad sight for myself. I used to love driving through the Swan Valley when it was a rural area that seemed a world away from metropolitan life.

Anyone who says anything other than Armadale/Seville Grove/Brookdale/Camillo has definitely not spent any time there.

Firebomb the whole area and start again.

Anyone who says anything other than Armadale/Seville Grove/Brookdale/Camillo has definitely not spent any time there.

Agreed.

Previous Post 255
If we are talking Perth metro then has to be the West Armadale and Nerrigen Brook parts of Armadale suburb. From my experience growing up in the area once you go west of the railway line and south of Armadale Rd you may as well be in a different country.

Police never patrol the streets out of fear of inciting a Redfern-type riot situation should they have to arrest someone in public view and as a result of this the residents just tend to do whatever they please.

Day and night you see people sit on the kerb staring at traffic and their own bare feet either inebriated or intoxicated - the only time people are seen to be motivated about anything is when they are going to the Centrelink office, the bottle shop or Cash Converters to sell off the items they have "found".

Houses there commonly have a beaten up old Commodore wreck out front with grass growing up through the engine block that now has taken on the functionality of another bedroom in order to accommodate the relatives when they stay over. As for gardens, the only plants that are tended are those that are not wanted to be seen from the street.

Anything that is remotely valuable WILL get stolen - it is not a question of if it will get taken but when. You can lock it up, put it behind bars, have alarms upon it and it will still go missing.
I have an uncle whom still lives in the area - he has had his house broken into nine times this year already - they even tried to take the oventop, but seemingly didn't have anything to load it onto so left it in the garden; in November he had his back fence broken down and shed burnt to the ground.

Being out after dark there is truly scary. Around every corner it seems there is a group of urchins getting drunk or stoned and looking for an excuse to beat you into a bloody pulp and remove you of your belongings.

The place is so $hit that ALL of the areas bordering it have been renamed to try and make it better: Seville Grove, Brookdale, Mt Richon, Mt Nasura, Camillo. :rolleyes:

I'll leave the final judgment to Google, whom when originally implementing StreetView for Perth steered clear of the Armadale area.

googlestreetviewnoarmad.png

Hahaha :D

Previous Post 533
The corridor west of Armadale used to go by the suburb name Westfield.

It's reputation was so offensive that in order to get developers on board, all references to the name of the suburb were erased and replaced by "friendly" marketable names like "Seville Grove", "Camillo" and "Brookdale".

Historically the area was nothing but an intermittent swamp on the west of the southern railway, occupied by the impoverished families of failed citrus farming and logging enterprises. It was intergenerational trash then and it remains intergenerational trash now.

armadale - what else can be said besides its a festering slum full of drugs, crime, and lack of amenities or government interest.

other note worthy shitholes:
westfield, camillo, seville grove, gosnells, langford, st james.

pretty much all the south east corridor, everything along the train line from vic park out to armadale. there are random pockets of livability, but for the most part its like watching someone slowly bleed out. theres life, but its ebbing away.

dont know the name of the area, but the high rise apartment area along manning rd between leach hwy and curtin uni is also pretty bad too.

armadale - what else can be said besides its a festering slum full of drugs, crime, and lack of amenities or government interest.

pretty much all the south east corridor, everything along the train line from vic park out to Armadale. there are random pockets of livability, but for the most part its like watching someone slowly bleed out. theres life, but its ebbing away.

dont know the name of the area, but the high rise apartment area along manning rd between leach hwy and curtin uni is also pretty bad too.
High rise apartments being built or already there, make me think of South Melbourne.
I used to deliver stuff there and they were a den of everything and anything you can think of, way up high in the sky and poverty ridden!

pretty much all the south east corridor, everything along the train line from vic park out to armadale. there are random pockets of livability, but for the most part its like watching someone slowly bleed out. theres life, but its ebbing away.

Ahh yes. Bentley in general but am I right in thinking you are talking about the old Brownlie Towers area? What a good thing that place has gone

Ahh yes. Bentley in general but am I right in thinking you are talking about the old Brownlie Towers area? What a good thing that place has gone

just looked it up, yes was brownlie towers. went there once to purchase an item that was advertised in the quokka. drove past quite often on the way to curtin uni. always looked like a high rise slum driving past, actually going there it was a damn sight worse.

Is Kwinana still a stinking shithole?

which part? kwinana is technically a city that encompasses many suburbs, some of which are newish estates that arent too bad. Kwinana proper is a hole that makes me question if i can avoid going there. especially kwinana shopping centre (kwinana hub?) is a dodgy place, had to go there once, never want to go back again.

which part? kwinana is technically a city that encompasses many suburbs, some of which are newish estates that arent too bad. Kwinana proper is a hole that makes me question if i can avoid going there. especially kwinana shopping centre (kwinana hub?) is a dodgy place, had to go there once, never want to go back again.
We used to drive through it on the way to Margrets past the stinking refinery, never been to the shopping centre, infact never stopped anywhere in Kwinana!

just looked it up, yes was brownlie towers. went there once to purchase an item that was advertised in the quokka. drove past quite often on the way to curtin uni. always looked like a high rise slum driving past, actually going there it was a damn sight worse.
Back in my postie days I delivered on the Brownlie Towers run amongst all the other runs I had in the Bentley/Vic Park/Como/South Perth area.

Boy. Oh. Boy. Wowee. Brownlie Towers and the surrounding streets are the dodgiest, dirtiest areas I have seen anywhere in the world other than Athens. Drug stuffed campaigners everywhere. People acting like zombies coming up and trying to like you. Jeez thanks for bringing back those memories.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back