What is the appeal of Clive Palmer?

Remove this Banner Ad

And... ?

It's not a paradise for the bloke begging for change up at my local Coles. The person needing money to get mental health treatment.

The "I'm all right Jack" stuff is part of the problem.

And they are all still covered in the social safety net.

Did you help them out?

And they are all still covered in the social safety net.

Did you help them out?
What do you mean? Give the guy change? Yeah I gave him about $10 worth I had in my pocket. But that doesn't alter systemic issues at all. That gets him his food or booze for a bit.

Why didn't you get him a place to stay?
Oh FFS. Yeah. I'm inviting a homeless stranger to live in my house with my family.

Circle around the REAL issue which is systemic by accusing the individual of not solving everything.

Oh FFS. Yeah. I'm inviting a homeless stranger to live in my house with my family.

Circle around the REAL issue which is systemic by accusing the individual of not solving everything.
Meanwhile my household has contributed over $75,000 to put a roof over the heads of domestic violence and mental health sufferers.

Maybe the system works when we don't always expect someone else to take care of the problem?

Or maybe it's more complicated than it looks on face value.

Meanwhile my household has contributed over $75,000 to put a roof over the heads of domestic violence and mental health sufferers.

Maybe the system works when we don't always expect someone else to take care of the problem?

Or maybe it's more complicated than it looks on face value.
Good on you. Your household has that much disposable income.

But you are expecting others to solve the problem. Did you build a house with your own hands? Did you build the furniture from scratch? Why not? Why would you not care enough to do that? Why didn't you invite every domestic violence victim to live in your house with you?

And in the end is housing solving the systemic issue? No. So we both did what we could with money, neither actions getting to the true heart of the problem.

Good on you. Your household has that much disposable income.

But you are expecting others to solve the problem. Did you build a house with your own hands? Did you build the furniture from scratch? Why not? Why would you not care enough to do that? Why didn't you invite every domestic violence victim to live in your house with you?

And in the end is housing solving the systemic issue? No. So we both did what we could with money, neither actions getting to the true heart of the problem.
I mortgaged my house to get that disposable income.

Which one is it Taylor?

A. We’re the 1%. Take the wide angle view.

B. The ALP and LNP have abandoned the workers. It’s understandable they’ve embraced a scum at millionaire to represent their working class concerns.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It's actually both. We have a lot to lose by letting corporately owned politicians remove local protections against comparatively slave labour markets without expensive security nets to fund.

As I detailed before, the constant negative language in the media means the casual observer is disenfranchised with all the politicans, then they have their side they feel is turning their back on them and their issues like keeping their job in mining in order to win some more inner city green lite votes.

So they look for someone they feels better represents them.

Meanwhile we do live in a paradise.

I mortgaged my house to get that disposable income.
You have a house to mortgage - good stuff!

But still: that's not solving the systemic issue. You need political power. You and I can only get that power as a collective with other voters.

You have a house to mortgage - good stuff!

But still: that's not solving the systemic issue. You need political power. You and I can only get that power as a collective with other voters.
The systematic fault is that people who aren't a risk to themselves can't be involuntarily comitted to care.

The systematic fault is that people who aren't a risk to themselves can't be involuntarily comitted to care.
I don't know how we got there. I'll need to trace back and figure out where this fits in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know some people who vote for him. Their rationale seems to be “he’s not a career politician so he won’t be a corrupt liar like the rest.” There’s also the meme factor he has in his campaigning that seems to afford him some credibility or down-to-earthness.

I know some people who vote for him. Their rationale seems to be “he’s not a career politician so he won’t be a corrupt liar like the rest.” There’s also the meme factor he has in his campaigning that seems to afford him some credibility or down-to-earthness.

You know some gullible people.

You know some gullible people.
I know right. Some people are just hopelessly susceptible to this “drain the swap” approach that Palmer/Trump types peddle. Any attempts to talk them away from it just sounds to them like somebody speaking on behalf of the “elite establishment” and therefore not worth listening to. Oh well.

I know right. Some people are just hopelessly susceptible to this “drain the swap” approach that Palmer/Trump types peddle. Any attempts to talk them away from it just sounds to them like somebody speaking on behalf of the “elite establishment” and therefore not worth listening to. Oh well.

Yeah I know what you're saying. There are some who have this utopian ideal that Palmer types will fix it then all the pc and impractical progressives will magically disappear.

Same at the other end, a utopian myth that someone out there can magically make all the world's people get along and sing around the campfire through impractical methods.

It's folly.

Not suggesting that is the answer but it's the alternative they have been offered other than "more of the same?"
It isn't an alternative at all, it's just more of the same.

A vote for uap, one nation, lib democrats and whatever other coalition preference feeding party, will lead to exactly a continuation of the rotten mess we've had for over 25 years now.

awwwwww ...... those poor hard done by righties .... having to acknowledge and respect the gains made by progressives (read - emasculated neanderthal mouth dribblers having to wind back their sense of entitlement)

widdums
Its so tough - all a man wants to do is come home, have a beer, flog the mrs for not bringin it quick enough and call our non reflective cousins hilarious racial epithets.

funking lefties wont let us…. Keep goin on with some bullshit about treating people with respect….. its causing the downfall of civilisation ferfuxache

It isn't an alternative at all, it's just more of the same.

A vote for uap, one nation, lib democrats and whatever other coalition preference feeding party, will lead to exactly a continuation of the rotten mess we've had for over 25 years now.
It will, you're absolutely right

This last few days the UAP YouTube ads with Palmer bleating about Covid restrictions have changed.

Now they have no UAP branding first up, and the voice over is a friendly "working class" (I.e. not a private school) accent.

Palmer is becoming poison it looks like.

Why didn't you get him a place to stay?
What an utterly idiotic statement?
Maybe you can set up an ICU and take a dying covid patient or two.
BF really attracts some dumb RWNJ campaigners.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back