What is the appeal of Clive Palmer?

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
FMt9eBIaQAM5h2d.jpeg.jpg

The ads have gone to a whole new level of *edness. Now he's bullshitting people about implanted chips and facial recognition.

Is he still in hospital? Do us all a favour COVID...

Cookie

Club Legend
May 2, 2004
Right in front of you
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
CreweAlex,SF Giants,Detroit Lions
Here is the road that runs along the Palmer Resort at Yaroomba. These small yellow corflutes were fitted to every section of chain link fence around the property. You can see they go on forever.
I'd hope that the council (corrupt as it is) will get him to remove them as he has certainly taken advantage of the by-laws to allow political advertising during election campaigns.
However, given Morrison has not called an election, Palmer is breaking the law with the signs.
When all is said and done, there is no interest like self interest. Palmer and Hanson are living proof of that.

Palmer 2022.jpg

Jun 5, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
Here is my take. If you vote for Scomo Oz is ****ed. If you vote for Albo Oz is ****ed. Of that I have NO doubt.

Clive? Hanson? Joe the Goose? Who cares, vote for them if you like. It won't matter.

To the OP, see above. s**t will come from this one way or another and it's about time.

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
Last night on SBS during This is Joan Collins, the first ad break was that 2 minute UAP ad where no real policies are pushed, it is just all about the vibe, the cult of personality, the freedom x 3 on placards, the yellow en masse. Sickening. And being in regional queensland there will be much more to come. Joy.

Tyberious Funk

Premiership Player
May 13, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
I really don't understand Palmer's strategy. It's very difficult to get a candidate elected to the House, particularly when your party is only polling around 5%. It's even fairly difficult to snag a senate seat with that sort of polling, unless there is a double dissolution. With preferences, he's probably a fair chance for a Senate seat in Queensland. So why do I keep seeing ads in Victoria? Seems like a waste of money to me.

And then if he actually manages to get himself elected... then what?

Oct 3, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Cubs
I wish someone would ask him if he is suggesting that politicians should tell Super Funds how they should invest . Bloke is a big(Large ) fraud .
When ScoMo walked into the Australian Parliament with a lump of coal. It wasn’t some prank.
It was a declaration of duty. ScoMo has morons like Clive Palmer in his pocket.

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
I really don't understand Palmer's strategy. It's very difficult to get a candidate elected to the House, particularly when your party is only polling around 5%. It's even fairly difficult to snag a senate seat with that sort of polling, unless there is a double dissolution. With preferences, he's probably a fair chance for a Senate seat in Queensland. So why do I keep seeing ads in Victoria? Seems like a waste of money to me.

It’s just preference harvesting for the libs again. He’s just using a different disguise this time. Jumping on the cooker bandwagon.
He wants to re-elect the mining party as he thinks he needs more money even though he has more than enough for 100 lifetimes.
For his greed he’s prepared to sell out the future of humanity on the planet.
That’s pretty much his strategy as far as I can see.

Tyberious Funk

Premiership Player
May 13, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
It’s just preference harvesting for the libs again. He’s just using a different disguise this time. Jumping on the cooker bandwagon.
He wants to re-elect the mining party as he thinks he needs more money even though he has more than enough for 100 lifetimes.
For his greed he’s prepared to sell out the future of humanity on the planet.
That’s pretty much his strategy as far as I can see.

Not sure about that... Palmer his a checkered history with the Nationals and Liberals, including being dumped by the party, re-instated and then resigning. He definitely leans conservative, but I struggle to see him spending wads of his own cash just to give a leg-up to a party that dumped him.

Not sure about that... Palmer his a checkered history with the Nationals and Liberals, including being dumped by the party, re-instated and then resigning. He definitely leans conservative, but I struggle to see him spending wads of his own cash just to give a leg-up to a party that dumped him.
The Libs are notoriously cheap, you don’t have to hand over all that much for a big windfall.

I see he's backflipped on his greens preference comments.

Methinks he had a thought bubble, blurted it out without checking with his crew and then backflipped when he saw the reactions in the comments on the UAP facebook page.

Peanut

His strategy is to take the protest vote and send it back to the libs.

Back