What is the appeal of Clive Palmer?

Remove this Banner Ad

For the first time ever I haven't seen or received any advertising from him, feeling a bit neglected tbh!
Calwell (Northern suburb Melbourne), low income area, you can't drive a couple of kilometres without his billboards looking down at you.

Maybe that is the areas they are targeting. A neighbour of mine was going to vote for them until I explained what they stand for and who's their leader.

its a * you vote for the politically illiterate - and for people who feel/are excluded from the political process

Its not even that. Half the country is politically illiterate, but UAP will hardly get any votes. One Nation will swamp them.

Enough to be a preference machine for the Libs

So if UAP wasnt around those votes would have gone to left wing parties?

Greens voters felt disillusioned so went to UAP?

Is what I am saying controversial (e.g. the 2019 election). people are voting for change but really voting for the same

So if UAP wasnt around those votes would have gone to left wing parties?

Greens voters felt disillusioned so went to UAP?
No, they'd just be voting for the LNP, or one of their other satellite 'freedom' parties.

The people I know voting for Palmer this election all voted LNP last election and those preceding it.
Despite knowing that Palmer is doing the exact same thing this year, that he did in 2019... Spending 10s of millions of dollars to ensure labor don't win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

women r the difference this time. and will make the difference.
"Expected Labor gains evaporate off the back of a falling Labor vote in the last fortnight of the campaign and the flow of Clive Palmer preferences to the Coalition. The tale of multiple polls out in the last 48 hours is Labor’s primary vote sliding, even if the Coalition’s vote isn’t picking up. Labor picks up Chisholm in Victoria, Boothby in South Australia, Braddon in Tasmania and Swan in Western Australia, but there’s no change in Queensland because a higher vote for UAP flows straight back to the LNP via preferences, putting LNP MPs and candidates in Longman, Leichhardt and Brisbane over the line."

Wow UAP is a Lib preference machine - not rocket surgery

Let's take a moment to show some sympathy for Clive today. Okay, that's enough.

Its not even that. Half the country is politically illiterate, but UAP will hardly get any votes. One Nation will swamp them.
Not exactly. Instead of knocking the working class, learn some history of leftism!
It’s hilarious when you lot constantly attempt to take the higher ground and claim to be more intellectual

Remove this Banner Ad

Back