Toast What is the best 5 minute burst of individual footy brilliance you have seen?

Remove this Banner Ad

Young Redleg

Team Captain
Nov 16, 2022
AFL Club
Melbourne
Melbourne are a long way off Geelong in 2023 I reckon. I think we could be shot to be honest.
Mate don't be so negative. Oliver, Petracca and Lever should be reaching their prime by now and you'd assume we'll see a couple more A-grade seasons from Gawn and May. If Brown and Tmac are fit, our forwardline should function much better than it did last year. And I don't think that Grundy is a downgrade on Jackson at all.

Just a bit over 5 minutes of Boomer at his best. Turned this game on its head and secured a spot in September for us.

Boomer seemed to produce at least one brilliant burst every game against my mob.

One of those fellas who were a pleasure to watch

PAFC_FOREVER

All Australian
Oct 10, 2022
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Davis for mine stood out.

Though, I love Gray.

Gray 5 in a Showdown Qtr

Gray 4 vs Freo in a Final to change the game

Lia

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2022
AFL Club
West Coast
Probably Dew in 2008.

Made the most of the qualities he had which were skill, composure and great decision making.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Todman

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 7, 2004
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Phil "Snake" Baker kicked 3 goals in five minutes in the 2nd quarter of the 1978 Grand Final.
Goals at the 22, 23, and 27 minute marks.

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Scott Lycett owns this thread in reverse. So many 5 many periods of massive incompetence leading to losses.

McIvor

Club Legend
May 21, 2020
Sunshine Beach
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
A few names jump out for me.

1 - Judd v Lions when he first played us for the Eagles in early 2000's particulalry the short period kicking to the school end.
2 - Darren Jarman v Saints in that GF
3 - Nick Davis v Cats in that last Q in the final.
4 - Akermanis v Cats in about 05 when he kicked two B2B miraculos goals in front of the stand i was sitting in

Wayne Campbell

Senior List
Sep 27, 2015
North Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Would have to be Glenn Freeborn in the second quarter of the 96 Grand Final! Single handedly turned the match, what a star. “Here come North Melbourne!” Glorious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Malcolm Blight vs Carlton at Princes Park 1976. Three goals in three minutes including an 80m torp after the siren to win North the game. An unbeatable moment in footy history that gets shown constantly nearly 50 years later.

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
I know it says individual brilliance in the title of this thread but I try to avoid thinking about 5 minute bursts of any sort these days. JB screaming "bang bang bang!" runs in my head on repeat.

My Tilly

Premium Gold
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Lockett would have plenty of quarters where he booted 4 or more goals in quick succession. Only issue St Kilda were a pretty bad team and struggled to win despite his heroics up forward.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Corey Mckernan second qtr 99GF

CharacterFirst

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2011
A wilful, lavish land.
AFL Club
Geelong
Bruce Lindner against the swans at SCG in 1987. Did nothing for three quarters and then just exploded from about the ten minute mark of the final quarter. Kicking goals, taking marks on the last line of defense, was everywhere and did everything to turn around a near five goal deficit.
I was going to say LIndner as well.

He was just in everything, everywhere.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Not probably eligible because his biggest burst was two in 5 minutes but Jeremy Cameron kicked 3 in about 11 minutes and 4.7 and a couple of other pieces of brilliance in 17 minutes in that round 3 comeback against Collingwood last year. That’s a recent one that sticks out for being a lot of impact in a short time but yeah probably not compressed enough

Remove this Banner Ad

Back