Remove this Banner Ad

WCfan22

WCE tragic
Apr 1, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WWE
Where exactly are the afl brains trust trying to take our unique and visually inspiring game?

What is the whole point of little niggle frees in back play that have no influence on the game or result?

What is the point of taking away the freedoms of the afl game for zones or starting positions?

How far can they take these rule limits too?

And why does public opinion not matter to their decision making process?

These are some of the questions i think need answering by the afl. But the fact of the matter is they never will answer anything.

Touch footy or no contact here we come.

The AFL and in particular Gil is hoping that a sanitised version of Australian Rules Football willl be appealing to an overseas audience. He now believes that our game is too rough n' tumble in its present form, for what he hopes is the lucrative China and India market. The eradication of all body contact has begun and will be completed by 2030. He wants International matches, he wants AFLX in China and the sub continent and is probably eyeing off America at the same time! The golden age of football is over and if the Phillips below the knee free is where the game is currently then it might be all over by 2025? The end game for the AFL is a Gaelic Football type game...

To make as much money as possibe no matter what they do to the game.

It is obvious that the marketing people what more goals simply to sell more ad breaks.

So they change the rules or in true AFL style "change the interpretations" each year to get more goals.

The coaches ambushed the game with the defensive flooding and now the AFL are desperate to rebuild a more exciting product........with more ad breaks.

Its an interesting question and I do think Obeanie1 is getting close to the mark. Its about maximising profits. That in itself it is not a terrible thing but when it seems to impact on the decisions made about the game and not the peripherals then it becomes a concern

Goal review. Drinkwise might be a good message but do we need 5-15 second delay going to the scoreboard when we all know its already been called a behind?

Flashing signs around the ground. Good money earner but can also be manipulated by the host

Further around the money buys everything idea is that the AFL are not criticised by the football media as much as they should. ''I'll take your accreditation away''

What I dont agree with the OP is there were silly frees 50 years ago. I do agree the AFL are making more rules because they dont have the courage to pay the one rule that will open the game up. Many much more knowledgeable fans than I have said if you pay the dropped ball then the game opens up immediately. Yet the media dont say too much on it. Just suck up the new rules and speak the company line

There are too many snouts at the trough and the AFL have made it a big big trough

The AFL and in particular Gil is hoping that a sanitised version of Australian Rules Football willl be appealing to an overseas audience. He now believes that our game is too rough n' tumble in its present form, for what he hopes is the lucrative China and India market. The eradication of all body contact has begun and will be completed by 2030. He wants International matches, he wants AFLX in China and the sub continent and is probably eyeing off America at the same time! The golden age of football is over and if the Phillips below the knee free is where the game is currently then it might be all over by 2025? The end game for the AFL is a Gaelic Football type game...
I hate it because Gil is not the afl he may be in charge atm but he'll be gone soon enough. I wanna know which numbnuts put him in charge.

I really wish the AFL would let the people know what they are trying to achieve and what hey want the game to look like within the next five years

I really wish the AFL would let the people know what they are trying to achieve and what hey want the game to look like within the next five years
Me too but they wont

Remove this Banner Ad

Back