Votes: 60 57.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
Yeah tough split but PB gets my vote in the end, might just be a bit of my Collingwood/black-and-white bias showing but love the colours, good history behind it.

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
From the Posting Guidelines thread stickied at the top of the board:

Vote brigading
There have now been a couple of instances where posters have gone to other boards on BF and have linked a competition thread specifically asking for people to vote for their design. Promotion of the competition on other boards is fine, directing people to vote for your design only is frowned upon (I would say 'illegal' but that is up to each competition runner). Please don't do it. It just creates animosity

Ignorance is no excuse. Its there in black and white (lol) and has been a central tenet of every competition on this board for years now. You simply don't go around encouraging people to vote for your design. An argument could be mounted that this is not a posters own design that they are trying to get votes for, but the principle is still the same. A certain design was losing, and indeed looked like it would ultimately lose, so somebody who felt it was "unbelievable" and "sacrilegious" set out to, in their eyes, right a wrong.

Incredibly disappointing, and I thought this board was better than that. The one thing I have always loved is the non-discriminatory nature of this board, where club allegiance is generally put to the side and we can speak freely about what we do or don't like about other clubs designs without fear or favour. This has gone against that, throwing the toys out of the cot because how dare some people not think the bars are the best thing that was ever invented ever.

The only fair solution to this is to ban Port Adelaide from ever wearing the Prison Bars guernsey again.

[/eddie]

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
Time to call Roylion out of retirement to form a counter-brigade :p
I think it calls the integrity of it into question to be honest, i don't think people who like the Roy design should do it ethically. Considering there were only 53 people who regular the forum on the census I did, the poll basically makes no sense now.

Disappointing given the awesomeness of the idea.

My view as a neutral, repoll both prelims with visible voter names. This was a colossal project and ending like this doesn't do it justice.

Might be the fairest solution - even have all four in the final.

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
Port fans interrupting FJGD Bigfooty members trying to run a poll by themselves (colourised, 2020)
kanye.png

jle101

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Williamstown Seagulls
Might be the fairest solution - even have all four in the final.
Yeah, I wouldn't be against putting the top4 into the mixer again & seeing which one comes out on top. The PBs should have a good chance of winning anyway.

Dec 20, 2015
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies!
APOLOGY
I've now had some time for reflection and I'd like to apologise for the disruption I have caused in this comp, and particularly to TheLoungeLizard. I'd also like to apologise to anyone else offended by my action.
I can't apologise in relation to my passion for the Port Adelaide Football Club and our jumper (and the desire for their success in every endeavour), however I can apologise for the way it manifested in this instance. Whilst my action was within the rules of the comp as far as I could tell, it was not within the spirit of the comp or the board generally - for that I sincerely apologise.
I'm not a big contributor on this board but I'm obviously addicted to it (and the inhabitants), and therefore don't want to see it harmed at all. As such, pending any required discussion with the moderators Gibbsy & Red Crow, I'll fade into the background again & abide by the rules/mores of the board.
Once again, my apology. Prison bar Pete

APOLOGY
I've now had some time for reflection and I'd like to apologise for the disruption I have caused in this comp, and particularly to TheLoungeLizard. I'd also like to apologise to anyone else offended by my action.
I can't apologise in relation to my passion for the Port Adelaide Football Club and our jumper (and the desire for their success in every endeavour), however I can apologise for the way it manifested in this instance. Whilst my action was within the rules of the comp as far as I could tell, it was not within the spirit of the comp or the board generally - for that I sincerely apologise.
I'm not a big contributor on this board but I'm obviously addicted to it (and the inhabitants), and therefore don't want to see it harmed at all. As such, pending any required discussion with the moderators Gibbsy & Red Crow, I'll fade into the background again & abide by the rules/mores of the board.
No need to apologize PbP

You're right, it goes against the spirit of the board more so than any rules (and unfortunately the rules are grey) so there is no need for you to fade back.
I made this poll with the intention of bringing people to the board and welcoming in new posters and you have done such.

Please continue to post and be active here and put this down as 'one of those things'.

However, the outcome of the poll is still being decided.

APOLOGY

For what it's worth, I don't think you've done that much wrong here, or at least not with any malicious intent.

It would be a different story if we were talking about the design competitions, where it would serve as an unfair advantage to another designer, but we are talking about an opinion poll, with a jumper that has a proud history. No one has been "wronged" here, it's just unfortunate and TheLoungeLizard will have to look at the best way to re-do the poll.

I would hate to see a top cobber such as yourself stop posting or fade into the background for this, and I hope to see you still active around these parts. :)

For what it's worth, I don't think you've done that much wrong here, or at least not with any malicious intent.

It would be a different story if we were talking about the design competitions, where it would serve as an unfair advantage to another designer, but we are talking about an opinion poll, with a jumper that has a proud history. No one has been "wronged" here, it's just unfortunate and TheLoungeLizard will have to look at the best way to re-do the poll.

I would hate to see a top cobber such as yourself stop posting or fade into the background for this, and I hope to see you still active around these parts. :)
I'm with FT - stick around! We've all done worse

Arguably the only thing that makes it a problem is the Port board has probably 3 times the amount of active posters on it than the Fitzroy board - had it been against the Wings and a 3rd party post to the Port and WC board would even itself out and wouldn't be an issue.

David v Goliath board wise

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
APOLOGY

Thanks Pete for the apology, and please don't take it too hard on yourself! I don't wanna see you go anywhere either – it's only small fry in the scheme of online things. I understand and respect your passion for the bars so there are still a number of other ways you can express that on our board :)

The mod team alongside TheLoungeLizard and Freight Train (who knows all about running comps) look like we have settled on a fair solution to make sure this epic comp gets the desired outcome, so stick tight and we'll announce something soon.

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
I was thinking about my fav kit design yesteday and it didn't even make it to the final - the current Weagles home kit!

It is a combination of everything though. Seeing the fans, the flags, even the stadium lights made me appreciate how much they have built into the new Eagle and colours into the look.

e.g.

1601867935887.png

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If you look at the by-laws you’ll note that in the event of a dispute Dennis Cometti has the casting vote.

Thank you Dennis.

Back