Votes: 44 42.3%
  • Port Adelaide Home 1978

Votes: 60 57.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Footy Jumper GF.jpg

The BigFooty FJDG Presents: THE GREATEST FOOTBALL JUMPER

This is where you get to vote down to the ultimate jumper of all time, selected by you!
You may remember putting forward your jumpers and the knocking it down to this ultimate list of 64 jumpers to be voted on and knocked out!

In this thread we will be playing the Grand Final!

The delay was worth it as FT gathered his thoughts after the surprise knockout of the classic 'Wings' jumper for the Roys kit, one that no one saw coming!

RULES:
- You can only vote once and you can't change your vote, so vote wisely!
- You can't see the results until you vote to stop people voting with their emotions
- The poll will be open for 4 days
- You are voting anonymously
- You can only vote for one jumper

Footy Jumpers supplied by footyjumpers.com and the knock out image supplied by FreightTrain

Good luck!
GRAND FINAL
Fitzroy Home 1974 v Port Adelaide Home 1978
1601525985591.png v 1601526000564.png

It's funny because both of these jumpers were "taken away" from their respective clubs. Fitzroy due to financial mismanagement and the merger, and Ports obviously due to "joining the league" requirements.

giphy.gif

I'm also pretty surprised by this. Have a feeling that Fitzroy might be getting a lot of votes because its jumper in its original, pure form is quite the rarity these days. Then again, so is Port's PBs, so yeah, genuine befuddlement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not meaning to sound trite here, but I think it goes against the spirit of what we create on this board to essentially be encouraging vote brigading to win a meaningless online poll.

The last I looked, it was at Fitzroy 23 - Port 14. Unfortunately the votes aren’t public so we can only assume, and this isn’t a knock on Port supporters if they have come here without knowing the context around this, but it’s pretty disingenuous to do this.

FWIW I voted for the bars, so it’s not like I’m trying to be anti-Port or pro-Collingwood or whatever. From a purely mod point of view, it seems very odd

If you haven't already, please vote in this poll on the FJGD thread. It's the PBs vs Fitzroy's jumper, and the latter is unbelievably in front! This is sacrilege! Get to it folks.
Hrrmph

Yeah... I just saw that too. I’ll leave it up to TheLoungeLizard to decide, but I’d be strongly considering a re-poll: public, so we can audit the results to include only board regulars or semi-regulars.

I recall we actually had a similar conversation a few years ago – we might be going way back actually – around vote-brigading from outside boards; I think it was in a weekly design competition. A poster (I genuinely can’t remember who) asked his mates on the SFA board to come in and vote for his design even though they had never visited the board before and I think the design then had an upset victory. We all sort of vowed as a board to not allow that to happen again.

Thoughts Red Crow?

I’m not meaning to sound trite here, but I think it goes against the spirit of what we create on this board to essentially be encouraging vote brigading to win a meaningless online poll.

The last I looked, it was at Fitzroy 23 - Port 14. Unfortunately the votes aren’t public so we can only assume, and this isn’t a knock on Port supporters if they have come here without knowing the context around this, but it’s pretty disingenuous to do this.

FWIW I voted for the bars, so it’s not like I’m trying to be anti-Port or pro-Collingwood or whatever. From a purely mod point of view, it seems very odd
It seems like the Roys jumper has received a decent amount of votes since then too, just worth pointing out as well.

It seems like the Roys jumper has received a decent amount of votes since then too, just worth pointing out as well.

Tbh that’s besides the point, the fact of the matter is that there was active vote brigading to an outside board. It wasn’t even just “hey, if you’re interested...”, it was a call to arms to overturn a seemingly decided result. There’s been a precedent set here way back, we don’t allow it.

Sorry if I've broken any protocols folks - I felt duty-bound! Might be worth having any such rule stated in the conditions of a poll in future.
Technically you haven't broken any rules and played to win, which is your right.

However, the integrity of this particular poll is in question and it's being reviewed.

Sorry if I've broken any protocols folks - I felt duty-bound! Might be worth having any such rule stated in the conditions of a poll in future.
I'll be honest and say i'm disappointed you did that, this was a poll for the peeps who visit this forum on the reg (i feel), sending it to die-hard port fans and asking their opinion is like asking Trump voters who their favourite president is.

I recall we actually had a similar conversation a few years ago – we might be going way back actually – around vote-brigading from outside boards; I think it was in a weekly design competition. A poster (I genuinely can’t remember who) asked his mates on the SFA board to come in and vote for his design even though they had never visited the board before and I think the design then had an upset victory. We all sort of vowed as a board to not allow that to happen again.

Yep that did happen, and the result was the rule of no deliberately going out and asking for votes from anyone.

Back