What is the matchup that matters most to your club next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Umm no its arrogant. "We should of been flogged" "giants choked" isnt being a gracious winner.

I dont think they did throw it away.

As i said it was 1 goal. It was a bad bounce (for us) or a 50 50 call in it. Nothing more nothing less.

You go on about tough guy stuff. Well they arent ballerinas. I dont think it cost us at all.
Though a few of your fellow supporters seem to agree with you. Meh your (wrong) choice.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
OK,if your happy with it,that's fine.
On this choking thing,if an Adelaide supporter told me we choked in 97 I'd agree,I wouldn't call them arrogant even if I didn't,I'd just think they are raising a fair point. Same as if they said we couldn't contain Jarman,or we were poorly coached,or if they thought we had the game won and went to sleep or said we were to busy thinking about the next week or if they said we threw the game away. We also lost by around a goal.
Not every comment that you think is against GWS is someone being arrogant.
I could just pull arrogant out of the hat to and say gee GWS fans are so arrogant they are going to win the flag they can afford to worry about beating a non flag contender like Collingwood for the first time and not even worry about some of the attitude problems some of their players showed in the biggest game of their lives. That would probably be using the word out of context just as your doing towards me.

Would have to say the Saints.

For the last few years the progress of the Dees and the Saints in terms of evenness and ladder position has been quite similar but despite that the Saints have still continued their winning streak over us since 2007.

I reckon both teams could legitimately make top 4 next year if their younger players come on better than expected and both teams should at the very least make finals. The two matches that the Dees and Saints play against each other this year will be important of course and could determine who finishes higher on the ladder. However, I believe it will be how consistent the Dees and Saints are against the other teams regardless of their ladder position that will determine who finishes higher on the ladder.

OK,if your happy with it,that's fine.
On this choking thing,if an Adelaide supporter told me we choked in 97 I'd agree,I wouldn't call them arrogant even if I didn't,I'd just think they are raising a fair point. Same as if they said we couldn't contain Jarman,or we were poorly coached,or if they thought we had the game won and went to sleep or said we were to busy thinking about the next week or if they said we threw the game away. We also lost by around a goal.
Not every comment that you think is against GWS is someone being arrogant.
I could just pull arrogant out of the hat to and say gee GWS fans are so arrogant they are going to win the flag they can afford to worry about beating a non flag contender like Collingwood for the first time and not even worry about some of the attitude problems some of their players showed in the biggest game of their lives. That would probably be using the word out of context just as your doing towards me.

Nice. Except i dont think we did choke. At all.
Again just a 1 goal win.

Yes you are being arrogant. Calling a 1 goal win like you have been isnt gracious nor is it correct.

As a flag winner youre allowed to be arrogant.
If we win one its a fair bet i will be to. Joyfully so even.

We cant afford to lose to any team. Hense multiple rounds.

Now if you guys could just get over the fact we didnt pick you as the answer for the threads question we can then move on.

Would have to say the Saints.

For the last few years the progress of the Dees and the Saints in terms of evenness and ladder position has been quite similar but despite that the Saints have still continued their winning streak over us since 2007.

I reckon both teams could legitimately make top 4 next year if their younger players come on better than expected and both teams should at the very least make finals. The two matches that the Dees and Saints play against each other this year will be important of course and could determine who finishes higher on the ladder. However, I believe it will be how consistent the Dees and Saints are against the other teams regardless of their ladder position that will determine who finishes higher on the ladder.

Demons and Saints natural enemies.
Be fun if they meet in an Elimination Final later this year.

You enter a thread about signifigant matchups, out raged that someone thinks it's not your club. Then you get abusive when it's confirmed.
I've seen some boorish arrogance in my time but you win. You just cant believe someone thinks you'te not the most important thing in the universe can you?

lol "confirmed". People that conflate their opinions with the stance of their club always give me a chuckle.

I bet the GWS players have been thinking about those H&A losses to the Eagles and Pies all summer :rolleyes:. Clearly just not a football person if you believe that.

General Giant & Janus that's some soft trolling kids, it's a pass from me.

lol "confirmed". People that conflate their opinions with the stance of their club always give me a chuckle.

I bet the GWS players have been thinking about those H&A losses to the Eagles and Pies all summer :rolleyes:. Clearly just not a football person if you believe that.

General Giant & Janus that's some soft trolling kids, it's a pass from me.
You just dont have the capacity do you?
Your trolling the main board and constantly trying to derail the thread with offensive rubbish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gold Coast in China. Will be the butt of all jokes if we don't win that one.

Personally also Melbourne in Melbourne will be a 8pter imo

I'm already a bit nervous about actually making the trip over to China for that reason. My life would be a lot easier if we could just win the game so I don't have to come home to an absolute barrage.

I wasn't sure if it would fill Etthiad. Will defer to you.

AFL footy would be in s**t state if two Melbourne based clubs could not get over 60,000 for a final with no other game on in Melbourne at same time. Docklands fits about 52,000 so not big enough for any final of two Vic based clubs. If an interstate club playing like Freo or Port or GWS it might be a bit different and Docklands big enough but most should be at the G in Melbourne.

Rnd 4 and 5.
Weagles in Perth, GWS in Sydney.
Should have an idea if we can dream of playing finals after that.
At the SCG will be interesting. I think we'll both be in finals though. Just dont know which if either of us seriously contends. Maybe both?

AFL footy would be in s**t state if two Melbourne based clubs could not get over 60,000 for a final with no other game on in Melbourne at same time. Docklands fits about 52,000 so not big enough for any final of two Vic based clubs. If an interstate club playing like Freo or Port or GWS it might be a bit different and Docklands big enough but most should be at the G in Melbourne.
Yeah
I probably get a poor view of their crowds from games with us. We just dont draw on Melbourne I know. The MCG looked very empty last year when we played the Demons.

Except the thread question is based on our opinion.

Doesnt say anything about what our players think.

I would say they think every game is important.

I bet the GWS players have been thinking about those H&A losses to the Eagles and Pies all summer :rolleyes:. Clearly just not a football person if you believe that..

Yep. They only want to beat the dogs next year. * the other 16 clubs

Arrogance. All over not being picked as the one we want to win the most..

Yeah
I probably get a poor view of their crowds from games with us. We just dont draw on Melbourne I know. The MCG looked very empty last year when we played the Demons.

I actually went to the North v GWS in last round to see your mob so you draw one or two of us out...lol
Having seen Hopper up close I want him at Carlton in 2018 :p

Also went to a Melbourne and St.Kilda final in 2006.
Crowd at the G was 67,528 for their Elimination Final then.

I actually went to the North v GWS in last round to see your mob so you draw one or two of us out...lol

:DI wish I'd have been there. One of our posters, sadly, permabanned made the press. Must get some lessons on passionate support from him.
SOS wouldn't know Hopper well I dont think, unless through his early years in the Academy. His call, off contract. Expect he'll get an offer from us early next year, I think.

Lol,I'm sure Simple SOS wants Hopper at Carlton as well,he is a GWS player after all.

:DI wish I'd have been there. One of our posters, sadly, permabanned made the press. Must get some lessons on passionate support from him.
SOS wouldn't know Hopper well I dont think, unless through his early years in the Academy. His call, off contract. Expect he'll get an offer from us early next year, I think.

SOS would not know him from his GWS employment but he would still be well aware of him as a recruiter as all others will be. GWS need to sign him up quick smart. Salary Cap squeeze will be interesting next year though. One high quality player I expect will slip out of Giants reach.

SOS would not know him from his GWS employment but he would still be well aware of him as a recruiter as all others will be. GWS need to sign him up quick smart. Salary Cap squeeze will be interesting next year though. One high quality player I expect will slip out of Giants reach.
End of the day it's their call. I think we made some hard decisions trading last year to prepare. Think we'll fight tooth and nail for Shiel but statistically unlikely we'll keep them all. Marchbank was a real loss last year, but his call.

Can honestly say never had a problem with em.

If you finish in the bottom 8 whwn teams win flag you generally wont have a problem. Its more when you are up there and get knocked off on your home turf when up by 14 points in the last quarter and it feels like an away game. Thats when the problem begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back