Society/Culture What is the measure of success?

Remove this Banner Ad

douglyzia

Premiership Player
Sep 24, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Anyone who doesn't say money/wealth is a liar/failure/loser. Too bad!

I hate to be blunt, but why do you think players like Franklin, Pendlebury, Ablett, et al make the most money? Because they are the most successful. Deal with it!

Your attempts to be philosophical, justifying your shitty existence do NOT impress me. Worse yet, your attempts to join Antifa to effect social change by attacking the most vulnerable in our society (e.g. a 5'5" gay Asian man) consolidate my belief that losers in our society are the biggest scum.

Disclaimer: I am not suggesting I'm rich (although I could be, you never know). I'm just honest enough to bluntly say (albeit after a drink or two) what most know to be true at their core i.e. that success is, to a large degree, measured by money and wealth (whether you like to admit it or not).

Last edited:
Anyone who doesn't say money/wealth is a failure/loser. Too bad!

I hate to be blunt, but why do you think players like Franklin, Pendlebury, Ablett, et al make the most money? Because they are the most successful. Deal with it!

Your attempts to be philosophical, justifying your s**tty existence do NOT impress me. Worse yet, your attempts to join Antifa to effect social change by attacking the most vulnerable in our society (e.g. a 5'5" gay Asian man) consolidate my belief that losers in our society are the biggest scum.
I feel sorry for you.

• Banned
I feel sorry for you.

Yes, I'm sure being a member of Antifa and beating up 5'5" gay, Asian men is much more gratifying than being me. LOL.

Now run along and worship your favorite, highly-paid-because-he-is-good-at-what-he-does AFL player. Oh, what's that? You don't follow AFL? I see.

Last edited:
Yes, I'm sure being a member of Antifa and beating up 5'5" gay, Asian men is much more gratifying than being me. LOL.

Now run along and take a selfie of yourself with your shiny new toy, or at a fancy restaurant or out the window of a plane to impress your peers.

It sounds like there are a whole lot of things more gratifying than being you.

Such as not being a person who clearly hasn't got a sense of what is actually valuable in life and who writes nonsense posts full of non-sequitors on a football forum.

Success can't be measured in dollars. The things that bring about true success can not be bought. Those things are fundamentally a meaningful connection with yourself, with other people and with the world around you.

So success is homophobia and a father who drugs and screws teenagers to thier death.

Righty oh then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

>"Your attempts to be philosophical, justifying your s**tty existence do NOT impress me. "
>Posts on bigfooty at 12:59 AM
>"(albeit after a drink or two)"

Club must have been *in bumpin man

Your attempts to be philosophical, justifying your s**tty existence do NOT impress me. Worse yet, your attempts to join Antifa to effect social change by attacking the most vulnerable in our society (e.g. a 5'5" gay Asian man) consolidate my belief that losers in our society are the biggest scum.

Disclaimer: I am not suggesting I'm rich (although I could be, you never know). I'm just honest enough to bluntly say (albeit after a drink or two) what most know to be true at their core i.e. that success is, to a large degree, measured by money and wealth (whether you like to admit it or not).

If this is a legitimate representation of your beliefs and not just an over the top troll post, as it appears to be, then I feel very sorry for you. Very strange behaviour.

Those player are rich because they are successful in their field. They are not successful because they have money.

You are confused between the cause and the effect. In this instance money is the effect, and them being successful is the cause of them having that money.

I'm a highly respected fake pilot, I cannot understand how anyone could possibly think they are more successful than I am.

I reckon those "doctors" from the Advanced Hair ads would give you a run for your money.
I put in countless hours at the Ponds Institute to earn my fake licence, thank you very much

Remove this Banner Ad

Back