What is the worst game you have ever watched?

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
A game I attended live during our 3peat rates up there. In 2015 we played Richmond on a Friday night at the G.

I unfortunately got tickets next to the Tigers cheer squad. We didn't kick a goal in the 1st and 3rd quarters which of course was that end of the ground. They totally strangled us and we went down by 4 or 5 goals.

I don't get to games often so making this trek for that performance during our golden run was one of the most negative experiences I've had at the footy.

On TV I'd have to say any time Geelong play Collingwood. What is it with these two? It's like they just decided that the first 3 quarters of the 2011 grand final was enough and decided to suck against one another for the next decade.

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
Craig-Roos era Crows/Swans clashes were often dispiriting and NID as well (Crows by a couple)

Truly inept displays or coaching stalemates when the goal face feels unreachable are funny though.

I went to a Queens Birthday game sometime in the 2010s, but can't remember what year. Easily the worst game I've seen live.

S_Saed17

Debutant
Jul 10, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
There was a game between Sydney and Adelaide mid 2000s which i watched on a sat. night on TV when i was a kid and had nothing to do.

Still wish i switched channels and watched Matrix 1 that night instead of wasting my time on that diabolical game.

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
WC vs Hawthorn Rd 4 2012

WC 5.21.51
Haw 5.16.46
Yeah that was the only match I attended in 2012. It was lightly drizzling until halfway through the first quarter and then stopped for the rest of the night. Unfortunately the ground stayed wet all night and both teams didn't care for goals either.
2.16 to 3.14 at one point in the last quarter. It was one of those games where you morbidly wanted more and more behinds to see how bad it could get.
I think Eric Mackenzie had 27 disposals or something that night.

Rd 7, 2013. Melbourne v Gold Coast, Sunday afternoon, Mother’s Day, MCG. Melbourne were s**t as (2013 after all) and the Suns weren’t even particularly good and still romped in a ten goal win. There were more public worse days but that one I remember as being the day I just thought the Dees would die and no one would care.

May 27, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Good friday 2018.

Half times scores for North v St Kilda were 2.10 v 2.10

Would've been better off with no footy that day.

I went to that game.

The first half was god awful, but then it got even worse as Ben Brown remembered how to kick in the second half and buried us.

Was our last Good Friday game too, although I felt it was a good re-enactment of the crucifixion.

garlic munchers

Premiership Player
Oct 3, 2006
Downbeat Optimist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardinals
The Hunger Games Mockingjay - Part 2 was pretty ordinary.

Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 6, "The Iron Throne" was shite.

Rd 13 2008, Cats demolish WC on field. Bomber Thompson demolished a sandwich off field. Caused me indigestion.

Jul 12, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
Carlton
most people mention this one but i really enjoyed it. under the roof, 6 minutes to go, check out the scoreline. and the incredible poster with a minute to go.

2.2 - 14 to 1.4 - 10 at half time.

Jun 1, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Bulldogs vs Collingwood round 1 last year. I had big hopes after pre season , new recruit josh Bruce paired with Aaron naughton. Come out and got absolutely dominated by the pies , dogs didn’t even show up. Add on covid and the big lay off for the AFL it all just traumatised me :disrelieved:

Last Saturday v Collingwood gave me a headache. Luckily there was no crowd allowed.
I'm just glad my team was playing at the same time as yours, otherwise I think I would have gone insane watching both clubs just defend the ball as much as they did.

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
Hawthorn vs St Kilda round 8 2007

Was a dull and crap game of footy with zero skills.
Good call, I think the only highlight from this game was a young Roughead clunking some
marks late. I remember seeing this game on channel 10 and only kept watching it out of curiosity. Sadly this sort of game has become quite normal.

Mar 16, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Swannies
There was a woeful Roos-Swans game in Canberra around 2008 at the time a pope was dying in Rome. In the second half all the church bells around the city started riding and we all looked confused. Someone suggested "maybe the pope has died?" and another replied "lucky bastard - he doesn't have to watch the rest of this game." The pope hadn't died and the game ground on and on.

lumpinee

MK ULTRA
Jul 18, 2019
across the park from commission flats
AFL Club
Richmond
Mothers day May 13 2018 MCG Collingwood v Geelong
i call it the mothers day massacre
its the day Chris Scott murdered the game of AFL football,i actually went as a guest of a Pies mate free of charge as he used up
one of his 2 free guest passes he got courtesy of being a member on me.
i demanded a refund for him straight after

Collingwood - 80 possesions per goal
Geelong - 42 " "

Last edited:
Back