What is wrong with Glenelg

Remove this Banner Ad

It seems very logical choice to me. One can support a club in the AFL and another in the SANFL. Why not? It is two different competitions. Since those teams can only play against each other in the SANFL, the SANFL club has precedence.

Such an arrangement is quite common in Brazil. We have no issues with it whatsoever; even though we have promotion and relegation; leagues and cups - which should make matters even more complicated. In South Australia, one should be able to barrack for the Power in the AFL and against the Magpies in the SANFL - because he barracks for Centrals, WWT, etc. (even Sturt or Norwood!) Again, why not? Same logic...
When the AFL Reserves first came in I had this discussion with two Port friends. They were asking me who I was going to barrack for in the SANFL when Sturt play adelaide, I said it was a stupid question and an obvious answer.
They went on, so I asked them who they thought common friends of ours that supported Power but followed another SANFL team would barrack for in the same situation. They said it was different because of Port......I asked my GF over at the time (a very close friend of theirs) who was a Power/North Adelaide supporter what she would do. The answer was obvious.
This idiocy sums up the attitude of a lot of Port supporters to me, it comes up far too often for it to be an outlier.

When the AFL Reserves first came in I had this discussion with two Port friends. They were asking me who I was going to barrack for in the SANFL when Sturt play adelaide, I said it was a stupid question and an obvious answer.
They went on, so I asked them who they thought common friends of ours that supported Power but followed another SANFL team would barrack for in the same situation. They said it was different because of Port......I asked my GF over at the time (a very close friend of theirs) who was a Power/North Adelaide supporter what she would do. The answer was obvious.
This idiocy sums up the attitude of a lot of Port supporters to me, it comes up far too often for it to be an outlier.
Many have trouble accepting that people can support another SANFL club and barrack for Port in the AFL.

I don't!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh Ive been Norwood since 1987 (5 years old) and Crows since 1991 (9 years old). I could almost count on my fingers the amount of Norwood games ive been to sinc 1991 as we stopped going once the crows came in. I did go to all 3 flags 2012-2014 and the GF last year. I couldnt change teams but never support against my teams either.

I guess I support two teams now in the sanfl
More fool you. All you are doing is putting more money into Victorian pockets. The AFL is really the VFL but they make everyone think it us not.

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back