Opinion What is your 'DREAM TEAM' from the current Western Bulldogs list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 29, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
West Ham
Just wanted people to submit their Dream Team's from our current list.

Every player is fit and in career best form, how do you see our best 22 under these conditions.

This is my initial team, but I reserve the right to change this once as I created this thread due to inspiration from a question I was asked. The answers to this thread pose significant insight into our draft needs if serious responses are given by serious supporters.

My team:
FB: Morris Roughead Young
HB: Goodes Williams JJ
C: Dahl Cooney Griffen
HF: Murphy Jones Gia
FF: Grant Marko Stringer
R: Minson Liberatore Stevens
INT: Smith, Wallis, Macrae SUB: Hrovat

I'm sure I've forgotten something

Just wanted people to submit their Dream Team's from our current list.

Every player is fit and in career best form, how do you see our best 22 under these conditions.

I'm sure I've forgotten something
I hope so. You might get into some hot water for that side. Marko in, but no Talia?

It's a bit tricky. Do you pick a side on demonstrated form or how good they will soon become? Hunter, Stringer, Hrovat and maybe even Roberts are examples.

Here's mine, FWIW:

FB: Johannisen, Roughead, Morris
HB: Goodes, Talia, Murphy
C: Cooney, Libba, Smith
HF: Dahlhaus, Jones, Higgins
FF: Stringer, Williams, Grant

R: Minson, Griffen, Boyd (as tagger)

Int: Macrae, Hrovat, Stevens
Sub: Gia

Fringe dwellers: Hunter, Wallis, Picken, Addison, Wood, Young

FB: Young, Roughead, Morris
HB: Goodes, Talia, Johannisen
C: Cooney, Libba, Macrae
FF: Stringer, Williams, Grant

R: Minson, Griffen, Smith

Int: Murphy, Gia, Stevens
Sub: Hunter

I have been more impressed with Hunter than Hrovat honestly. Not that I haven't been impressed with Hrovat, just Hunter seems to have it.

You already know how I feel about Marko :p Put Williams at FF to play that kind of role. You have Williams and Jones as the KPFs, Stringer the third tall, Grant gets to play on the 4th smaller defender, and then Higgins and Dahl the two small types.

Backline setup allows Morris to lockdown on the dangerous smalls, with the drive coming from Goodes, JJ and Young.

Don't need to say much about the midfield, Smith playing a tagging role like he was the past couple weeks before he got injured :(

FB: Johannisen, Roughead, Morris
HB: Goodes, Talia, Wood
C: Cooney, Libba, Smith
FF: Stringer, Williams, Murphy

R: Minson, Griffen, Tutt
Int: Macrae, Cordy, Stevens
Sub: Hrovat

FB: Goodes, Roughead, Morris​
HB: Talia, Jones, Johannisen​
C: Cooney, Libba, Macrae​
HF: Dahlhaus, Williams, Murphy​
FF: Stringer, T. Boyd, Hunter​
R: Minson, Griffen, Smith​
Int: Hrovat, Billings, Stevens​
Sub: Gia​
This belongs in one of the draft threads TK. The OP was looking for best 22 from the current list. Come to think of it, even if we draft Billings and Boyd they will probably never get to play in the same side as Gia ... unless it's for Footscray VFL side (and even that's unlikely for Gia).

FB: Wood, Roughead, Morris
HB: Goodes, Talia, Johannisen
C: Macrae, Wallis, Cooney
HF: Murphy, Williams, Higgins (vc)
FF: Stringer, Jones, Dahlhaus
R: Minson, Griffen (c), Liberatore
Int: Hrovat, Stevens, Smith
Sub: Hunter

Looking more towards the future I've taken Gia, Cross and Boyd (last legs for the skipper I think unfortunately) out. I've left Murphy, Goodes and Morris in as I think they've got a few good years of AFL football left in them and we need the leadership.
Can't wait for 2014 really, I think we can still eke as much as 4 wins out of what's left of 2013 but I'm shattered to see Higgins, Smith, Johannisen and Goodes sidelined for the year. Does anyone know when Wood will be back? Vital back 6 member when fit and firing.
Wouldn't be banking on getting Tom Boyd at all, Macca's expressed scepticism at GWS's bluff and St Kilda are likely to finish below us anyway, with Koschitzke as good as gone and Riewoldt in that physical condition close to gone they'll snare him if he's there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back