What is your favourie Modest Mouse album?

Remove this Banner Ad

Wondering why these guys didn’t go supernova. An amazing band who I’ve only just discovered.
They seem pretty popular so maybe it’s just a massive blind spot on my end but I think they should have been unavoidable levels of big.
* based off listening to Moon and Antartica and the Lonesome Crowded West albums.
They didn’t have a lot of commercial appeal early days when they were at their peak.

Songs are long, their older stuff is fairly lo-fi and Isaac’s voice isn’t great as a casual listener.

They are pretty much their generations version of the Smiths in terms of their output over a 4-5 year period. They have a couple of classic albums, but they are more a songs band and you could compile a pretty incredible 30-40 song list including compilation albums, B-sides and EP’s. Really steady creative output.

It’s interesting how many posters are nominating Good News as their favourite ITT. Never really grew on me as an album and doesn’t have anywhere near the staying power of TLCW or M&A. Ocean Breathes Salty is great though and Float On still holds up as a really good single.

They didn’t have a lot of commercial appeal early days when they were at their peak.

Songs are long, their older stuff is fairly lo-fi and Isaac’s voice isn’t great as a casual listener.

They are pretty much their generations version of the Smiths in terms of their output over a 4-5 year period. They have a couple of classic albums, but they are more a songs band and you could compile a pretty incredible 30-40 song list including compilation albums, B-sides and EP’s. Really steady creative output.

It’s interesting how many posters are nominating Good News as their favourite ITT. Never really grew on me as an album and doesn’t have anywhere near the staying power of TLCW or M&A. Ocean Breathes Salty is great though and Float On still holds up as a really good single.
I absolutely love them. To me they are an album band though . The run from lonesome crowded , m and an and building something out of nothing is near perfect. No bad songs. At their peak they were the best in the world . Quality dropped off from strangers to ourselves onwards though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back