Opinion What is your favourite goal of all time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Tredrea last Goal Rd 8. 2009 v Richmond.
Kicked 7 that day in one of his last dominant games of his career, kicked our last goal to give us the lead after Richmond were leading all day, I remember very clearly just giving up and accepting yet another loss in a not so good year for us. And then he just went back, slotted the goal, and immediately ran back to defence and took a contested mark straight after to seal the game for us. Not the most important in the grand scheme of things, and not the best goal skill wise, just a standard goal really. But it was more the poeticness of it all, a champion of the game just doing what a champion does, even at the end of his career just showing how much better he was than anyone else on the ground that day and just one of those performances that stuck in my mind

Judd’s fourth quarter goal in the 2013 EF vs Richmond.

Special mention to Jack Newnes after the siren vs Freo.

Tomahawk post-siren vs Hawthorn
(Special mention to Bartel’s point against the same opponent)
Chappy’s grand final goal against the Saints
Was at the game where Hawkins kicked the game winning goal v Hawthorn

Pretty cool as a neutral supporter

Nick Davis’ fourth goal to beat the cats in a final was pretty special.

Otherwise, Dom Sheed, Nick Malceski and Tom Boyd’s goals late in their respective winning Grand Finals were incredible.

For my team, either Eddie’s GOTY after Didak KO’d Scotland or Fev kicking a goal from the center square after getting Sam Gilbert caught HTB.

In terms of just general play, this Daisy goal is sick. Huge crowd roar, raw 1v1 contest and as slick as you’ve ever seen.

The Rioli 2009 effort was probably the best one I've seen live but I'll nominate this- I was fortunate to have a great vantage point and could see it all unfolding a split second before it actually happened. It ended up being the turning point of the match too, it'd been a tight contest until then but that goal completely broke the pies' resistance.

Ablett 89 goal against collingwood. "This is the magician at work"

travis varcoe 2011 grand final goal

mick mcguane 6 bounce goal

ablett 89 prelim goal where he fakes out the essendon player. Other players have done it. None with the same style gazza did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Michael Voss's brilliant long running goal for the Brisbane Lions midway through the final term of the 2001 Grand Final, which sent Essendon to the canvas and sealed the first premiership for Brisbane as either the Lions or Bears, and the first for Fitzroy in 57 long years dating back to 1944.

Tomahawk post-siren vs Hawthorn
(Special mention to Bartel’s point against the same opponent)
Chappy’s grand final goal against the Saints
Which is the one where bartel is laying on the ground near the barricade after scoring? that’s my favourite.

Hard to pick one, probs the Malceski goal to win the 2012 GF. Goodes' goal in the same game on one leg was awesome as well, commentary matched the goal.

Obviously Nick Davis in 05. Micky O when he gave it to the Eagles crowd as well back in 06 is one I'll never forget as well.

David Rodan's own goal was one to remember

Probably Dusty's final goal in the 2020 Grand Final. Goal of the year in the last 60 seconds of the season.

Just underlined how good he is

Remove this Banner Ad

Back