Opinion What is your favourite goal of all time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Long 1993 Grand Final.

This came to mind for me pretty quickly. Sandy's commentary was elite, too. Even as a Saints supporter this gives me goosebumps.

This is the first time in 30 years that I've seen that behind the goals footage, holy sh*t, it WAS touched hahaha!

Why is it some of the best sporting moments break the rules?

This came to mind for me pretty quickly. Sandy's commentary was elite, too. Even as a Saints supporter this gives me goosebumps.

This is the first time in 30 years that I've seen that behind the goals footage, holy sh*t, it WAS touched hahaha!

Why is it some of the best sporting moments break the rules?
That's what I said about the Jack Higgins goal when he threw the ball around the goalpost, and there were a million arguments both ways - legal or not?

I'm happy it was paid a goal for 2 reasons
a) I'm a Richmond fan, and therefore sticking it up Collingwood is manna from heaven:cool:
b) It will now be shown on 'best of' videos for the next 50 years, and people will alternately argue about it and then just watch it and applaud - legal or not.

Non-MFC - Buddy 2011 prelim
I've always thought it is shame for footy folklore that both Buddy's goal in the 2011 prelim and Goddard's mark and goal in the 2010 drawn grand final didn't come in winning matches. Goddard's especially was just magical in terms his own performance and in the context of the game.

We'd see both of these moments a helluva lot more if their teams were on the right side of the ledger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back