Opinion What is your favourite mark of all time?

Remove this Banner Ad

The best I've seen at the ground was Ablett's mark against Collingwood. I was sitting ground floor in the old AFL members section so didn't get a great view of it, but vividly remember seeing him rise up over Pert. Just incredible. Farmer's mark against Richmond in 1998 would be next best. Was on level 3 behind the goals so almost had a birds eye view of it.

My favourite all time mark though was Leo Barry in the GF. Iconic mark and an amazing finish to a grand final.

The best Ablett mark ever was round 10, 1987 v Richmond at the MCG. Ted Whitten was doing commentary and he was hysterical.
There was a photo published in the paper. Insane hops as he was literally standing on the guys head.

The best Ablett mark ever was round 10, 1987 v Richmond at the MCG. Ted Whitten was doing commentary and he was hysterical.
There was a photo published in the paper. Insane hops as he was literally standing on the guys head.

I think my personal favourite Ablett one was in 1985 versus North at Geelong. In the goal square. The one against Collingwood in 1987 at Waverley over Cloke was great as well.

While I love all the hanger marks,as much as anyone that Nic Riewoldt mark at scg could happen every week but it doesn't.Best ever with some of Jono Browns also deserving a mention

All time favourite is Moorcroft’s. A close second is Howe’s screamer on the wing against the Swans…’hoooow did he do that?’

My favourite ‘with the flight’ one is actually Bartel’s. And I don’t like Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have a real soft spot for the Jay Schulz' mark and barrel roll across the pack

Moorcroft though sits as best ever in my mind.

One that hasn't been mentioned yet was Jono Brown v Hawthorn (Fav alongside Moorcroft and Leo Barry). The courage running back with the flight was unrreal.

One that hasn't been mentioned yet was Jono Brown v Hawthorn (Fav alongside Moorcroft and Leo Barry). The courage running back with the flight was unrreal.

I've never understood how that mark doesn't get more praise. Of the "running with the flight of the ball" type marks, to me that's easily the best. No one jumped out of his way, he ran into a pack and still held the mark. Amazing grab.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back