What Is Your Iconic Port Adelaide Photo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Chizza12

All Australian
Jul 29, 2016
Wynn Vale
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
brendan-fevola-of-the-blues-and-aaron-shattock-of-the-power-clash-picture-id56994895

guess who
Aaron Shattock

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
Whicker faked it better than Max Basheer...

612ea336799a572327b1a19083a1d156
Whicker is not faking it, he's just thinking of the uplift to his catering company's revenue with a game at Footy Park every week of the season.

Last edited:

Garibaldi Red

Cancelled
Bring Back the Bars
Jul 22, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Nottingham Forest
View attachment 795288View attachment 795289
There was one I would love to see again in particular of him marking in the backline against Norwood at Alberton, in 77 I think, where he was diving backwards arms fully stretched. One of the gutsiest actions I’ve ever seen.

one of my favourite memories of the great man is a night game at FP v Norwood. He got to a contest but instead of marking the ball he back handed the ball straight into the path of Stephen Knight who ran into an open goal.

Selfless & brilliant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jac147

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
View attachment 795288View attachment 795289
There was one I would love to see again in particular of him marking in the backline against Norwood at Alberton, in 77 I think, where he was diving backwards arms fully stretched. One of the gutsiest actions I’ve ever seen.
“The Great Man” took a mark at Alberton and I think against South. He was falling backwards and he never let go of the of the ball even though he was completely stretched out before crashing to the ground.
A photographer was there and captured the mark (Russell was completely horizontal), as it appeared in the the grand final edition of “The Football Budget”.
Can anyone dig it up? Sorry that’s all in the info I’ve got.

Between that wider performance and his goal against Freo in the Semi he really was responsible for some of the most crucial situational moments of progress when the club was last good.

Best scapegoat that guy.

Urge to kill rising.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back