Opinion What is your opinion about the club not signing Luke Edwards

Remove this Banner Ad

70lethal

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
It was easily the right decision not to draft him for both club and individuals.
The last thing the club and player needs in a rebuild is drama from a past champion.

Sep 8, 2008
argentina
AFL Club
Adelaide
OK how about a charity bet anyone?

I'll bet that Luke Edwards won't play 100 AFL games.

Say $10 to the charity of the winners choice?

If multiple people want to take the bet, I'll make the bet with up to 5 different people.
Only about 18% of people who play AFL reach 100 games , so odds are in your favour .

about 33% reach 50 games.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Only about 18% of people who play AFL reach 100 games , so odds are in your favour .

about 33% reach 50 games.

If you don't rate him above those odds then you clearly don't think he's got much going for him, which proves my point.

Crowbots are dead

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Lots of wishful thinking here on Edwards not making it. I think that he will. Has had some very good games thus far . A bad one last week but he wasn’t alone and us to be expected in a young player. We will end up losing here imo .

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Lots of wishful thinking here on Edwards not making it. I think that he will. Has had some very good games thus far . A bad one last week but he wasn’t alone and us to be expected in a young player. We will end up losing here imo .
Has had 1 good game.

It's wishful thinking for anyone to make a call either way, but the odds on a player at pick 50 making it are long

Eagle Wrath

Cancelled
Zombie Lover
Oct 22, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
He will get every chance and more, to prove himself at WC. We are crying out for young mids, so he couldn't be at a better place for his future.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
I can't believe some posters on this board, talk about mean spirited A-holes basically wishing and hoping the lad fails.

I hope the lad does eke out a reasonable AFL career, seems like a decent kid, sure he'll never be a game breaker but with his tidy skills and excellent composure he's a chance, plenty of worse draft prospects than Luke have been drafted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 8, 2008
argentina
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ok so you agree, he's not any better than any other random pick 50.
Yes I agree with that statement, he went at pick 50 as that’s where the club recruiters rated him. Odds are he won’t make 100 games. But I wish him all the best as I do any young lad trying to make a living playing AFL

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Was utter trash like his teammates

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide

Games? One is it, the other two not so much.

Unless we are comparing him to Mackay then doubt he will amount to much.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Games? One is it, the other two not so much.

Unless we are comparing him to Mackay then doubt he will amount to much.

It's bloody early in the piece, cannot imagined there would have been any expectation that theyd be forced to play him this year. He's played 2 good games and 2 poor games where he's had plenty of company. And as Spackler posted, he was only 2 touches off what many around here describe as a very good game from a near 250 game veteran. Too early to call, but as it sits right now he's tracking more like the bloke that was originally touted as a late first/early second rather than the kid that slid to 50whatever it was.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Gee West Coast are not good

Remove this Banner Ad

Back