What is your opinion on R&B music?

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by play on
Do you like R&B music? I like about 2-3 R&B songs, and the rest are crap.

I say its worse than crap.

The originally means of R & B IIRC was Rhythm & Blues.
This was a complete different type of music to the R & B as described today.

I hate it!

I'll echo TheMase.

R&B used to be Rhythm and Blues. Lot of good stuff there. Somehow from there, it got married to what used to be called Mo-Town Soul. Some of that wasn't bad either. However, these days it's all sort of this big female deva wailing banshee type crap. I can do without it, myself. Peace.

Mooster

R&B is now crap. It was once respectable....but its turned basically into rap.

The only R&B act i like is Nellie....the rest are absolute rubbish.
Its one of the worst genres of music in the world.

Horrible, horrible stuff.... :mad:

Modern R&B makes my blood curdle - some of the 'old school' stuff (pre-90's) is actually pretty good though.

Ugh!

I voted for major crapola.

Macca, gotta disagree on Nellie, she's just as crap as the rest. Does anyone know where Craig David is staying, I'd like the chance to throw a couple of haymakers in his direction.:D :rolleyes:

yep - its rubbish

The "Standard R&B Repertoire" is a scourge on pop music everywhere.

Every Karaoke night, every Front Bar jukebox, every trashy 'classic hits' radio station, cripes - this crud is to be found everywhere !

If I hear yet another rendition of River Deep Mountain High or any of those other 'classic' songs I swear - I will go absolutely mental.

cheers

I voted for "load of crap" with the caveat that we are talking about the highly annoying and pretentious "diva" rubbish so prevalent nowadays. It's rap music with harsh squealing vocals.

Give me the old school stuff like James Brown, Stevie Wonder, Isaac Hayes, Sly & the Family Stone.

Like everyone else old R&B Robert Johnson etc were excellent but today's R&B is crap. All of today's R&B artists are a joke. The new york tragedy concert was funny seeing msucians like Mick and Keef (inspired by early R&B) blow jokers who are the new R&B singers off the stage.New R&B is for no talent hacks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It really annoys me that these music-industry lap dogs that call themselves "artists" have taken the name "R&B" as the title for their musical genre.

It is a kick in the face, a mark of disrespect to the REAL R&B artists of yesteryear. None of these "artists" last more than five minutes and the same goes for their music.

But, the conveyer belt of popular music roll on.......

Originally posted by Briedis
It really annoys me that these music-industry lap dogs that call themselves "artists" have taken the name "R&B" as the title for their musical genre.

It is a kick in the face, a mark of disrespect to the REAL R&B artists of yesteryear. None of these "artists" last more than five minutes and the same goes for their music.

But, the conveyer belt of popular music roll on.......

Agree 100%.

I actually like it. Boyz II Men, Craig David, Usher & especially Alicia Keys, shes awesome but i do agree its hard to know what R&B actually is nowadays...

But give me rock n roll anyday of the week. JEBS, OASIS, BEATLES!! Rock on!

The reason that the radio stations continue to play this crap is because of the bloody teeny boppers continue to request R&B songs. I hold them fully responsible.

R&B is one genre of music that you can listen to anytime. The words have meaning, and more to the point, you can actually hear what they are saying. Just FYI i enjoy all types of music, but people who put crap on this type of music are usually people who listen to heavy metal with words that you can hardly understand and when you can understand, it's all crap and irrelevant anyway!

Originally posted by Robbo1
R&B is one genre of music that you can listen to anytime. The words have meaning, and more to the point, you can actually hear what they are saying. Just FYI i enjoy all types of music, but people who put crap on this type of music are usually people who listen to heavy metal with words that you can hardly understand and when you can understand, it's all crap and irrelevant anyway!

Heavy metal music isnt about the lyrics, its about the music.

Originally posted by Robbo1

And this rant is from someone who really has no idea about different types of 'heavy' music. You should educate yourself by reading some lyrics by bands who do write songs with real feeling and emotion about stuff that is important to the world. After reading your post, I think it's obvious that you don't 'enjoy all types of music' as much as you pretend.
As for R&B, I find that love songs about perfect people are full of bull**** lyrics. Just depends on what you prefer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back