What is your opinion on R&B music?

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by TheMase

Heavy metal music isnt about the lyrics, its about the music.

It's about whatever the composer wants it to be about.

Some musicians take more pride in lyrics and making statements than they do about music, others write songs to showcase instrumental/vocal talent, and others are equally interested in each facet.

Also, to the fan - it's what the fan wants it to be about. Perception is everything. I find it hard to rattle off song names even on my favourite albums, because I listen to the guitars and don't pay much attention to the lyrics. My mates, not being huge guitar fans, do th eopposite.

There is no such thing as "it's about this, and not about that".

Originally posted by Darky

It's about whatever the composer wants it to be about.

Some musicians take more pride in lyrics and making statements than they do about music, others write songs to showcase instrumental/vocal talent, and others are equally interested in each facet.

Also, to the fan - it's what the fan wants it to be about. Perception is everything. I find it hard to rattle off song names even on my favourite albums, because I listen to the guitars and don't pay much attention to the lyrics. My mates, not being huge guitar fans, do th eopposite.

There is no such thing as "it's about this, and not about that".

thats the same with all types of music, even R&B :D its all about perception

Originally posted by Dee

OI! :mad: i didnt bag your crappo music.... :mad:

Notice the smiley in the corner? It was a tongue in cheek post.

But your response does raise a talking point.

I find a lot of people bagging heavy music, but when challenged they can't name any examples of when they have heard it. How can anyone say they don't like what they haven't heard?

I'm exposed to a lot of R&B music at work, having certain radio stations forced upon the work floor. An 8 hour intake, probably three days a week for most ofthe last three years, I think is enough qualification for me to state that it's rubbish. Not to mention the fact that I can play guitar, keyboards and bass, and know a little bit about what music requires skill and what music doesn't.

Originally posted by Darky

Notice the smiley in the corner? It was a tongue in cheek post.

But your response does raise a talking point.

yeah, and i was gonna put a little smiley thingo at the bottom of the post, but i got side-tracked and just pressed post. lol

But i am in the reverse to u. all the people on here coms and bag R&B etc, and they when push comes to shove....some of them dont know an R from a B....but i listen to most types of music. and i would never challenge u on heavy metal music Darkster cos i dont know sh1t :p LOL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back