Strategy What is your teams ideal draft and trade period in 2020?

Remove this Banner Ad

It would never happen but I'd like to see Adelaide trade picks 1 & 23 for Sydney's 3 and 2021 1st

This absolutely guarantees Sydney McDonald and Campbell this year (pick 23 helps with points)
Crows still get one of Thilthorpe or Hollands and have a chance at a good 2021 1st when there are a few SA lads projected to be top 10 rated

Hope swans would never touch that trade.

If bid comes in one or two will mean that Hollands or McDonald still available. Would pass on Campbell for either player.

Hope swans would never touch that trade.

If bid comes in one or two will mean that Hollands or McDonald still available. Would pass on Campbell for either player.
They may be better than Campbell, but not much. If a bid came at 1 or 2 you would be better matching and trading 3 to a team likely to finish bottom four for a future 1st and some points this year.

They may be better than Campbell, but not much. If a bid came at 1 or 2 you would be better matching and trading 3 to a team likely to finish bottom four for a future 1st and some points this year.

Not sure we are able, thought that the picks the team matching has are locked in once a bid was made.

Doubling down on 2021 would be a prudent move IMO if able to

Not sure we are able, thought that the picks the team matching has are locked in once a bid was made.

Doubling down on 2021 would be a prudent move IMO if able to
Yes you can. You have five mins, I think, to do the trade before matching.

Yes you can. You have five mins, I think, to do the trade before matching.

Yeah can live trade it. Thought that the most recent academy rules had changed it up.

Probably have a few contingencies lined up if bid on pick one or two. Have Campbell rated about pick six with earliest bid being hawks

Now we have a better idea of the draft I am hoping

1. No one bids on Campbell in the first few picks.
2. Sydney draft Will Phillips with pick 3
3. Someone bids on Campbell closer to pick 8 or 9
4. Someone bids on Gulden after pick 25.

Jaidyn Stephenson for a pick in the 20s would go OK. Unrealistic, I know.

well, trade period is over, so no changing that.

Draft
6-Reid. We need a KPD to go with Brand & Zerk...in the event one doesn't work out. kid looks big and competitive too.
7-Perkins. Like everything i read. strikes me as the game winning type. strong mid who can impact forward.
8-O'Driscoll. might be a reach but we need a mid with his traits and size.
Match bid on Brand & Eyre for future CHB & CHF prospects.
Delist Townsend

well, trade period is over, so no changing that.

Draft
6-Reid. We need a KPD to go with Brand & Zerk...in the event one doesn't work out. kid looks big and competitive too.
7-Perkins. Like everything i read. strikes me as the game winning type. strong mid who can impact forward.
8-O'Driscoll. might be a reach but we need a mid with his traits and size.
Match bid on Brand & Eyre for future CHB & CHF prospects.
Delist Townsend

I reckon you have nailed it.

Would hopefully leave Bruhn or Cox to us at #11 which I think we'd take.

Pick #2 - Thilthorpe/McDonald/Hollands (We can't really lose here, you can argue a case for each one of them)
Pick #11 - Cox/Reid ~ I think Cox suits us a little bit more than Reid, as McKay will be our gorilla FB for the next 8+ years. Corr is only 26 also. I think we could deploy him fairly similarly to how GC do with Lukosious. The Bombers might dictate this imo, I think we get the left over of Reid/Cox.

I reckon you have nailed it.

Would hopefully leave Bruhn or Cox to us at #11 which I think we'd take.
Starting to think cox wouldn't be the worst for us either (and sounds like we're keen)
What may get interesting is if the hawks go perkins and a top 5 lock slips (thilthorpe or hollands perhaps)

From the rumours reid seems unlikely
Im expecting us to trade back with Collingwood tbh.

Draft night will be interesting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really want Phillips with pick 3 but I must admit I am starting to get worried with how much Phillips is talking about how he wants to be drafted by a Victorian club. It looks like he is going to be a massive flight risk.

Ideally I think we trade one of our picks, most likely 8 to get an additional pick in the first round next year. The only two realistic targets would be collingwood and hawthorn. Less so of the two is hawthorn but they both have NGA picks who seem likely to go around where their current picks sit, so might be interested. Collingwood slide back from 14 to 17 and 16 to 19 once from NGA bids are placed, hawks from 24 to 28 or 29.

I'd be happy to trade 8 and our 2 x future 3rds (think points for daicos f/s bid) for 16 (19) and pies future first if they were willing to do it.

I'd also be happy to trade 8 to hawks, perhaps with a future 3rd for their future 1st and pick 24 this year. Sure, they probably won't bite but this might net them one of the 'fantastic 5,' perkins, and downie can then be matched with 44 and 45 rather than be absorbing pick 24.

Then take cox, who sounds versatile, and reid after bids on jones/campbell (both suit our needs but will be matched) before matching bids on brand/eyre late. with the pick acquired from collingwood/hawks target a inside midfielder. I am aware this leaves us with 4 skinny kids but if 2 of them go on to be regular players and hold down a key post that's a win, we can then focus on our midfield in the 2021 draft.

1st pick - Henry Walsh, family love to keep Sammy happy and we need a developing ruck.
2nd pick - Small forward
3rd - Mature key defender

Thilthorpe and Cox would suit North’s needs really well. Doubt Perkins lasts to pick 11.
sounding like Perkins may not last to us.
If he's there at 6 or 7, we need to take him.

If Cox & Perkins go early, we could get quite lucky with a couple of "Fab 5" slipping.
Bid on McInnes @ 6. Inside mid sorted. Theory here is Pies won't match a bid that high.
Listen to offers for 7 for Thilthorpe. If 2020 & 2021 1st aren't forthcoming, take him.
8 on Phillips.

2x inside contested mids
1x KPF/Ruck
1x KPF academy kid
1x KPD academy kid
And a spot spare on the list

Ideally I think we trade one of our picks, most likely 8 to get an additional pick in the first round next year. The only two realistic targets would be collingwood and hawthorn. Less so of the two is hawthorn but they both have NGA picks who seem likely to go around where their current picks sit, so might be interested. Collingwood slide back from 14 to 17 and 16 to 19 once from NGA bids are placed, hawks from 24 to 28 or 29.

I'd be happy to trade 8 and our 2 x future 3rds (think points for daicos f/s bid) for 16 (19) and pies future first if they were willing to do it.

I'd also be happy to trade 8 to hawks, perhaps with a future 3rd for their future 1st and pick 24 this year. Sure, they probably won't bite but this might net them one of the 'fantastic 5,' perkins, and downie can then be matched with 44 and 45 rather than be absorbing pick 24.

Then take cox, who sounds versatile, and reid after bids on jones/campbell (both suit our needs but will be matched) before matching bids on brand/eyre late. with the pick acquired from collingwood/hawks target a inside midfielder. I am aware this leaves us with 4 skinny kids but if 2 of them go on to be regular players and hold down a key post that's a win, we can then focus on our midfield in the 2021 draft.
What about our current pick 25 and the Demons future 1st which we have for your pick 8?

Very, very happy with McInnes, Perkins, Cox, Brand, Eyre and a mature-age small back/forward.

What about our current pick 25 and the Demons future 1st which we have for your pick 8?
that actually makes quite a bit of sense given some recent speculation has academy pick coleman potentially going 10-15 picks earlier than expected. Can see dees running mid table again next year so their pick will prob land between 9-12.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back