Autopsy What just happened? A draw???

Remove this Banner Ad

ADEL will not score at 80% again for 10 years.
Get a grip sunshine - its a massive outlier.
AND they lose otherwise, without this outlier conversion.
What don't you get.

We all saw how good our best can be which gave us great joy - you were chewing your nails and throwing stuff at the TV because your nemesis may now get reappointed.
You reckon Adelaide won't score 8.2 from gimme positions again in 10 years?

Ok.

I'm glad you're enjoying 13th, though. Exceptional stuff.

But that is all if's but's and maybe's, the criticism of Bucks for me revolves around the same deficiencies and failings on game day year after year, If you are let down more often than not by the same things week after week and continually miss finals because of it then then becomes the classic definition of insanity.

Ifs and but's reminds me of my golf game last week but watching the replay i see so many if's and but's

Very few teams dominate for four quarters in the modern game, the opposition is going to have their time when they dominate, so don't look for this from us at the moment, why even the top of the table Adelaide had a shocking half....it happens to all teams. Accept it.
The difference is Adelaide are 1st and we're 13th.

Some of the acceptence of mediocrity on our board is staggering.

I truly believe if our coach wasnt a club legend, defense of our situation would be non existent.

I'm sure there were people defending Tony Shaw in 1999 but the club acted, removed him and put in another coach.

One could argue Tony Shaw might have led us to grand finals 2 years later? We didn't wait, we acted. The same needs to happen to Bucks.

I truly believe if our coach wasnt a club legend, defense of our situation would be non existent.

I'm sure there were people defending Tony Shaw in 1999 but the club acted, removed him and put in another coach.

One could argue Tony Shaw might have led us to grand finals 2 years later? We didn't wait, we acted. The same needs to happen to Bucks.

Difference being there's no premiership winning coach available this time around.

IF Bucks was not a Legend of the Club he would of been Sacked 2-3 Years Ago

You reckon Adelaide won't score 8.2 from gimme positions again in 10 years?

Ok.

I'm glad you're enjoying 13th, though. Exceptional stuff.

At least I'm sleeping - unlike your night terrors that Bucks will be reappointed.
AND enjoying the positives in our performance as opposed to gnashing my teeth when we hit the lead in a game.

Last edited:

My point was more about teams getting a run on and all clubs find it hard to stop the momentum. Adelaide being first shows how hard it was stopping the momentum we had in the first half and then we found it hard to stop them in the second. Think DT's point about no premiership coach being available is valid. The field after Roos who doesn't want to coach, is pretty average, why wouldn't you want Bucks to stay, the players love him, we're in all games and most agree that a key forward into our team will make a massive difference for us next year. Forget about the past and see that we have been very very competitive this year and aren't far away

Langdon had a very good game today, anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot. Not his fault nobody contested his last kick.
Maybe should have picked out a short target but a kick to a big pack is not a bad option with 15 sec to go. CAn't blame him or Blair coz we shouldn't have been in that position anyway at that point.

My point was more about teams getting a run on and all clubs find it hard to stop the momentum. Adelaide being first shows how hard it was stopping the momentum we had in the first half and then we found it hard to stop them in the second. Think DT's point about no premiership coach being available is valid. The field after Roos who doesn't want to coach, is pretty average, why wouldn't you want Bucks to stay, the players love him, we're in all games and most agree that a key forward into our team will make a massive difference for us next year. Forget about the past and see that we have been very very competitive this year and aren't far away
I respect your position, but respectfully disagree.

We actually haven't been that competitive in a lot of games.

We were never in really close to winning against:-

- Dogs
- Richmond
- St. Kilda
- Essendon x 2
- Carlton
- Port
- Hawks (2nd game)

We were pretty ordinary in some of our wins (Brisbane, Hawks (1st), WCE)

There were also really poor periods against Melbourne and the Crows obviously.

Our best overall efforts were against GWS, Cats and Swans...who ironically are three of the better teams.

It obviously hasn't all been bad, but we've been bad more than we have been good.

If this was a school report card, we'd really be a C-, which is enough hardly running home to mum and dad bragging.

To me, not having another available experienced coach, should not be a reason to keep a bad coach.

- Dogs
- Richmond
- St. Kilda
- Essendon x 2
- Carlton
- Port
- Hawks (2nd game)

Our best overall efforts were against GWS, Cats and Swans...who ironically are three of the better teams.

It obviously hasn't all been bad, but we've been bad more than we have been good.

If this was a school report card, we'd really be a C-, which is enough hardly running home to mum and dad bragging.

To me, not having another available experienced coach, should not be a reason to keep a bad coach.
Take the Dogs out and I agree those games we were flat as and horrible to watch, my point is apart from maybe Adelaide all teams have prob had 6/7 bad games, Sydney early on, Hawks 2x 80 odd point thrashing, you should have seen the hammering WCE were getting over here.
I think what the afl wanted they now have and that is very even teams and I think if you are off a few % you get that 3/4/5 goal loss.
Nearly all teams have had times they have played horrible.
Bucks had had us looking great at times and I reckon with a good forward to help Moore we can go alright, and honestly none of the coaches that are around for us to look at are that impressive

Situation under Shaw was slightly different.

96 was a nothing year, 9 wins and meh...just like 2016 really.

His best season as coach was 97, when we started well but ended 10th with just 10 wins...bit like 2015.

98 we finished 3rd last, and when we found ourselves dead last at the half way mark of 99 sitting a woeful 1-10 it was pretty clear it wasn't working under Tony.

There was no hard decision to be made with Shaw, his results spoke for themselves.

Buckley hasn't taken us to a bottom 4 finish, and then followed it up with a spoon. He still has a positive win/loss ratio for fecks sake.

His best season as coach was 97, when we started well but ended 10th with just 10 wins...bit like 2015.

98 we finished 3rd last, and when we found ourselves dead last at the half way mark of 99 sitting a woeful 1-10 it was pretty clear it wasn't working under Tony.

There was no hard decision to be made with Shaw, his results spoke for themselves.

Buckley hasn't taken us to a bottom 4 finish, and then followed it up with a spoon. He still has a positive win/loss ratio for fecks sake.
3rd last or, put another way, 14th... ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given there is photo evidence of why Langdon should have kicked ten metres to the left no it shouldn't. This is the Collingwood board not the Essendon board, Goddard is irrelevant. Being in the majority doesn't make you right I'm also not sure you're in the majority either as a I remember this thread starting out with delist Langdon type posts.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rather than rely on a few freeze frames, go and watch that whole play again. Moore actually runs from about 40m directly in front through the place Langdon kicked to, out to about 60-65m. He ran to where a kick from the top of the square would land, not a kick from the goal line. His positioning was poor. Langdon's kick was fine, perfectly split the defensive zone the Crows had set up. People expecting 60-65m pinpoint passes are just being unrealistic in their expectations.

This re telling of history to the benefit of Bucks is just astounding. The list Shaw had was absolutely putrid, and injury riddled. We've never had a worst list than the 99 list.

Bucks has consistently led the team down the ladder. A team with a top 8 calibre list. Some seasons it was at least a top 6 list.

We just blew a 50 point lead, the biggest choke in 125 years and your gonna stick the knife into Shaw?

The club was a ******* basket case in the late 90's. Bucks got hand gifted a god damn Ferrari with all the support he needed. A club with money, members and support staff coming out its ears and he completely ****ed it.

Bucks is pure an simple like the spoilt first born child of rich parents that gets every thing he asks for, gets a lambagini for his 18th and writes it off 2 weeks later and gives zero shits.

He never earned the right to be the coach. He was never qualified to be coach. He never should have been coach.

He shat all over the legacy of the 2010 playing list with his BS about selfish players this selfish players that. Well you got what ya ask for Bucks, a team with zero personality, no heart and no character... and how'd that work out for us???

And now he wants another extension??? GTFOH. This guy is not a Collingwood man. He is his own man, and all about what's best for himself and his deluded ego and his ever fading legacy

Langdon was excellent for the large part of the game but he shouldn't have kicked that so far from the boundary. And how no one stopped that mark is beyond me.
Our defensive structure has bad for 5 years and was never a focal point for the club. There should be defined set plays in this type of a situation.......stupid coaching, stupid players

Last edited:
All teams get the heat at some stage but we tend to go to water more often than not, funny how some nice performances every now and then can band aid over years of failure and the downwards trend in which we are tracking.

Happy for you to cite the posts where I've band aided over our form of the last few years. Also happy for you to show me the team that hasn't suffered momentum swings just to highlight how we go to water any more or less than any other side. Our issue is an inability to make the most of the opportunities we generate, not a failure to generate them. That we can generate them says that we do anything but "go to water" any more than Adelaide do or did in the 1st half.

Why do we let ourselves be fooled by comparing to the worst to justify and untenable position?

Hang on, why is it 'arse' scoring at 80%, as opposed to skill/quality?

We continually kick poorly because we're terrible, it isn't bad luck.

As for the 'insight' into how good we can be? Seriously, every side has moments through the year where they bely their ladder position. If you want to hang your hat on something like that, you're missing a trick.

Crows have kicked 297 goals 179 points for the year so their average conversion is about 62% with 80% clearly an outlier. But it's not too often they get so many easy shots from 15-35m almost directly in front.

- Dogs
- Richmond
- St. Kilda
- Essendon x 2
- Carlton
- Port
- Hawks (2nd game)

I dont agree mate.

Dogs game we literally beat them in every stat i think bar the score board. Dominated them after qtr time just failed to convert.

Hawks 2nd time we were in front in the last werent we?

Anzac day we were right in it for most the game to. The rest probably fair call.

This re telling of history to the benefit of Bucks is just astounding. The list Shaw had was absolutely putrid, and injury riddled. We've never had a worst list than the 99 list.

We just blew a 50 point lead, the biggest choke in 125 years and your gonna stick the knife into Shaw?

The club was a ******* basket case in the late 90's. Bucks got hand gifted a god damn Ferrari with all the support he needed. A club with money, members and support staff coming out its ears and he completely ****** it.

Bucks is pure an simple like the spoilt first born child of rich parents that gets every thing he asks for, gets a lambagini for his 18th and writes it off 2 weeks later and gives zero shits.

He never earned the right to be the coach. He was never qualified to be coach. He never should have been coach.

He shat all over the legacy of the 2010 playing list with his BS about selfish players this selfish players that. Well you got what ya ask for Bucks, a team with zero personality, no heart and no character... and how'd that work out for us???

And now he wants another extension??? GTFOH. This guy is not a Collingwood man. He is his own man, and all about what's best for himself and his deluded ego and his ever fading legacy
You obviously weren't alive in 1970. Yes it was 44 pts we lsot by 10 that's a 54 pt swing. A monumental choke by the most skilled and talented list we'vehad in my lifetime coached by a club legend as well. If you're angry now, you have no idea how 1970 felt. None Zilch Nada.

I don't think a lot of David King, however, I think he was spot on this week. The Pies need to get the best available defensive assistant coach in the game. Adelaide aren't the first club to easily score against us with forwards finding plenty of space. Our defenders are very slow to react and get into position when the opposition runs it out.

Are our defenders just too aggressive moving forward? Are they just too slow in getting back into position?

This is a real issue and until this is sorted out other teams will continue to kick multiple goals in succession.

Bucks has consistently led the team down the ladder. A team with a top 8 calibre list. Some seasons it was at least a top 6 list.

The club was a ******* basket case in the late 90's. Bucks got hand gifted a god damn Ferrari with all the support he needed. A club with money, members and support staff coming out its ears and he completely ****** it.

I would be interested to know who you think should take over the job?

I dont agree mate.

Dogs game we literally beat them in every stat i think bar the score board. Dominated them after qtr time just failed to convert.

Hawks 2nd time we were in front in the last werent we?

Anzac day we were right in it for most the game to. The rest probably fair call.

Richmond game as well. In it up to our ears till 3/4 time. Should have iced it in the 2nd when we dominated but kicked 2 - 5 and a couple OOF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back