What Keane (allegedly) said...

Remove this Banner Ad

Shinboners said:
In a strange way, Rio and many of the younger players in the United squad are similar to what happened with Liverpool in the 90s. The club is living off the reputations of previous team and the kids are happy to be in that reflected glory. They'll do enough to be thereabouts, but when it comes to the crunch, they don't have the hunger to actually bring home the silverware. Rio Ferdinand is our version of Stan Collymore. Both had God given talent, but both are selfish and lazy.

Quality comparison.

Who is Nigel Clough?

Jordi is a ********en star on CM4.

Shinboners said:
It's a few years too late, but I would have nominated Jordi Cruyff.

:thumbsu: It works on so many levels.

Thus,

Jordi Cruyff is to Nigel Clough as Wes Brown is to Phil Babb.

Keano is spot on with all his comments.

Fletcher is useless, the only reason he is starting ahead of Ronaldo/Park is because he is Scottish :mad:. O'Shea has gone backwards since his debut season (can't believe they gave him a new contract so early). Alan Smith always gives it his all but quite simply he's no DM and will get slaughtered by Makelele, Lampard and Essien this weekend especially if Fletcher and Scholes who has also been terribly out of form starts with him. VDS did have his worse game against Boro but has been one of our better players this season, the freekick save against Lille was top draw. I'm not a huge fan of Richardson but apparently his attitude stinks off the pitch, but it is not his fault he is also being played out of position. Rio is a pansy and greedy ********, the less said about him the better.

Sadly, it looks like Stam saga #2 now.

Shinboners said:
In a strange way, Rio and many of the younger players in the United squad are similar to what happened with Liverpool in the 90s. The club is living off the reputations of previous team and the kids are happy to be in that reflected glory. They'll do enough to be thereabouts, but when it comes to the crunch, they don't have the hunger to actually bring home the silverware. Rio Ferdinand is our version of Stan Collymore. Both had God given talent, but both are selfish and lazy.

And Fergie's managing like Souey was managing us back in the 90s as well

Still, I would say Stan Collymore makes Rio look like a model pro

Cooldude said:
And Fergie's managing like Souey was managing us back in the 90s as well

Is it really that bad? Will Quieroz be our Roy Evans? :(

Cooldude said:
Still, I would say Stan Collymore makes Rio look like a model pro

There was that story that Collymore rang Liverpool to ask someone what the fine was for missing training. When they told him, he said that he was staying at home and to take the fine off his wages.

Shinboners said:
Is it really that bad? Will Quieroz be our Roy Evans? :(

Just wait til you get beat 5-1 by Coventry and get close to relegation, then you'll be crying out for Evans... I mean Carlos :D

Shinboners said:
There was that story that Collymore rang Liverpool to ask someone what the fine was for missing training. When they told him, he said that he was staying at home and to take the fine off his wages.

Nothing he does surprises me

What made his behaviour even more shameful is he had everything as a striker, him and Fowler partnering upfront was simply superb, even though it was only for two seasons before he started to take the ********...

From the Guardian via Red Issue:

‘If only a harangue from Roy Keane were enough to restore Manchester United. The injured captain, with his whiplash tongue, might have driven the players on to greater industry but that merely illuminates the fact that this team is inescapably bound to its own inadequacies. The supporters confronted that truth more starkly than ever before in Paris last night.

‘United's followers are wrongly vilified as shallow glory-hunters when, in truth, they generally have an obsessive devotion to the club. Their faith in the side has tended to be romantic and it was a shock to see them, at full-time, howl at the players in a fashion that had Keane's invective looking like a genteel quibble

‘Only three minutes had elapsed when the supporters behind Edwin van der Sar's goal began bellowing Keane's name. And when the first rendition of "Keano" had died down another followed within two minutes. It was a chant which began in the gut and slowly picked up decibel levels beneath the "Make Glazer History" banner.

‘This was the Red Army in full voice. And here was their appreciation that, after months of everything being patronisingly brushed under the carpet, someone of authority has had the gumption and clarity of mind to say what everyone had been thinking: United are going backwards and nobody is doing anything about it.

‘By offering Keane their vocal backing the supporters were agreeing with his inflammable, yet quite plausible, assertions that Ferdinand has become a danger to his own team, that Smith and Fletcher are too one-paced, too sideways-thinking, and that Richardson could do with being brought down a peg or two.

‘Soon after…Richardson put what should have been a simple cross behind for a goalkick and almost immediately the chant of "Keano" broke out again. After the final whistle, the United players made their way over to the travelling fans - only to be met by a sea of V-signs.’

Shinboners said:
From the Guardian via Red Issue:

‘If only a harangue from Roy Keane were enough to restore Manchester United. The injured captain, with his whiplash tongue, might have driven the players on to greater industry but that merely illuminates the fact that this team is inescapably bound to its own inadequacies. The supporters confronted that truth more starkly than ever before in Paris last night.

‘United's followers are wrongly vilified as shallow glory-hunters when, in truth, they generally have an obsessive devotion to the club. Their faith in the side has tended to be romantic and it was a shock to see them, at full-time, howl at the players in a fashion that had Keane's invective looking like a genteel quibble

‘Only three minutes had elapsed when the supporters behind Edwin van der Sar's goal began bellowing Keane's name. And when the first rendition of "Keano" had died down another followed within two minutes. It was a chant which began in the gut and slowly picked up decibel levels beneath the "Make Glazer History" banner.

‘This was the Red Army in full voice. And here was their appreciation that, after months of everything being patronisingly brushed under the carpet, someone of authority has had the gumption and clarity of mind to say what everyone had been thinking: United are going backwards and nobody is doing anything about it.

‘By offering Keane their vocal backing the supporters were agreeing with his inflammable, yet quite plausible, assertions that Ferdinand has become a danger to his own team, that Smith and Fletcher are too one-paced, too sideways-thinking, and that Richardson could do with being brought down a peg or two.

‘Soon after…Richardson put what should have been a simple cross behind for a goalkick and almost immediately the chant of "Keano" broke out again. After the final whistle, the United players made their way over to the travelling fans - only to be met by a sea of V-signs.’

Whats the V stand for??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've never rated Rio.....aside from his pretty good 2002 World Cup. He is an ordinary centreback and I only hope that he gets selected for England when Australia face them in the Group stage of the WC in Germany......Harry Kewell will be relishing making him look second rate again!

Shinboners said:

Back when I was a youthful loyal SHOOT! subscriber (I know, I know...) there was a mildly humourous p#sstake on Colly that ended with him being signed by a Subbuteo team only to be sacked for refusing to get off the couch when it was his turn.

Keano - a star - the reason with Giggsy and Christiano that I still turn on a United game
The rest should go into the hall of mirrors and have a long hard look at themselves.

Prince William should move over and give Keane his new gig.

Bit rough on Ruud though - he's been superlative for so long and taken for granted - strikers go through patches. Reminds me of poor ole Ole.

First time I've actually felt sorry for Rooney. To fufil his potential he needed to step up and work with players of character .....not this rabble.

I've got a ringtone for Rio -"Get over yourself!"

NYMets said:
Keano - a star - the reason with Giggsy and Christiano that I still turn on a United game
The rest sould go into the hall of mirrors and have a long hard look at themselves.

Prince William should move over and give Keane his new gig.

Bit rough on Ruud though - he's been superlative for so long and taken for granted - strikers go through patches. Reminds me of poor ole Ole.

First time I've actually felt sorry for Rooney. To fufil his potential he needed to step up and work with players of character .....not this rabble.

I've got a ringtone for Rio -"Get over yourself!"
go the mets, about right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back