What kind of person films supermarket workers from a distance, mocks them and then attempts to shame them online?

ABSOLUTE MADMAN

Club Legend
Nov 8, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Michael Langanis. I do wonder if this guy realises that the media picking up this story is not so much about the woolworths workers themselves despite the framing of it and more for dog whistling to their readers about what a terrible person he is.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Shit just got real for those workers.

Pay is shit, hours shit. They were just getting by, dealing with boredom, poverty, this bullshit life

And some egotist wanting social Media fame....

Would be sad if the nightfill there had a really good boss, his stress levels have gone up. On the positive side, there might be some kid, just needing a break, break nightfill can be for someone out of work. And woollies will be doing some More hiring soon.

Scotland

TheBrownDog
May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
I don't get it. They're not hurling boxes of eggs at customers. They are throwing boxes of frozen veges etc. around in the aisle where they go.

Jobe Watson

Brownlow Medalist
Jun 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
More concerning than the video is that someone got paid actual money to right a ****ing article about it.

80% of the article is literally just copied and pasted quotes from a Facebook page.

PoppedCorn

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 29, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
West Ham 76ers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scotland

TheBrownDog
May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
That bit is true but don't feel too sorry for them, The union got nightfill a nice pay rise at the start of the year.
When does it kick in? When I did it it was the same rate of pay for something like 6am-10pm.

Night fill used to mean working when the store is closed but most of the time these days people just do it when the shop is open from maybe 6/7pm onward. The odd Karen makes a big deal of it but if I go to the shops at 8pm and there are people filling stock in the aisles it's really not an inconvenience.

revo333

Club Legend
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
When does it kick in? When I did it it was the same rate of pay for something like 6am-10pm.

Night fill used to mean working when the store is closed but most of the time these days people just do it when the shop is open from maybe 6/7pm onward. The odd Karen makes a big deal of it but if I go to the shops at 8pm and there are people filling stock in the aisles it's really not an inconvenience.

I assume the workers in the video work past midnight because they are wearing black and they are not strict on uniform for those that start at 10pm and do most of their hours when the store is closed.

I shop late at night and have noticed the night fillers doing freezer load more at my local Woolworths, maybe getting nightfill to do the freezer load is apart of the new company structure.

dumb

i shit blue
Jul 12, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
Carlton

Geelong_Sicko

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
I don't get it. They're not hurling boxes of eggs at customers. They are throwing boxes of frozen veges etc. around in the aisle where they go.
Throwing frozen vegies on the ground (still in the bag of course) breaks up the 'clumping' that often happens in the freezing process. They could have been performing a necessary task!

Scotland

TheBrownDog
May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Throwing frozen vegies on the ground (still in the bag of course) breaks up the 'clumping' that often happens in the freezing process. They could have been performing a necessary task!
I used a bag of frozen peas the other night. First thing I did was drop the bag on the kitchen floor to break up the clumps. Give these guys a medal.

Top Bottom