What kind of person films supermarket workers from a distance, mocks them and then attempts to shame them online?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 8, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Michael Langanis. I do wonder if this guy realises that the media picking up this story is not so much about the woolworths workers themselves despite the framing of it and more for dog whistling to their readers about what a terrible person he is.

Last edited:
s**t just got real for those workers.

Pay is s**t, hours s**t. They were just getting by, dealing with boredom, poverty, this bullshit life

And some egotist wanting social Media fame....

Would be sad if the nightfill there had a really good boss, his stress levels have gone up. On the positive side, there might be some kid, just needing a break, break nightfill can be for someone out of work. And woollies will be doing some More hiring soon.

Sounds like he just wants his 5 minutes of fame. Otherwise if he really has an issue with it he would have just asked to see the manager and talked to him/her about it.

I've seen a bloke lose his job over a public complaint when he didn't do anything wrong. The company removed the poor bloke from the work site to keep the peace with the local. Some people don't know about consequences for making up silly stories.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

s**t just got real for those workers.

Pay is s**t, hours s**t. They were just getting by, dealing with boredom, poverty, this bullshit life

That bit is true but don't feel too sorry for them, The union got nightfill a nice pay rise at the start of the year.

That bit is true but don't feel too sorry for them, The union got nightfill a nice pay rise at the start of the year.

When does it kick in? When I did it it was the same rate of pay for something like 6am-10pm.

Night fill used to mean working when the store is closed but most of the time these days people just do it when the shop is open from maybe 6/7pm onward. The odd Karen makes a big deal of it but if I go to the shops at 8pm and there are people filling stock in the aisles it's really not an inconvenience.

When does it kick in? When I did it it was the same rate of pay for something like 6am-10pm.

Night fill used to mean working when the store is closed but most of the time these days people just do it when the shop is open from maybe 6/7pm onward. The odd Karen makes a big deal of it but if I go to the shops at 8pm and there are people filling stock in the aisles it's really not an inconvenience.

I assume the workers in the video work past midnight because they are wearing black and they are not strict on uniform for those that start at 10pm and do most of their hours when the store is closed.

I shop late at night and have noticed the night fillers doing freezer load more at my local Woolworths, maybe getting nightfill to do the freezer load is apart of the new company structure.

I don't get it. They're not hurling boxes of eggs at customers. They are throwing boxes of frozen veges etc. around in the aisle where they go.

Throwing frozen vegies on the ground (still in the bag of course) breaks up the 'clumping' that often happens in the freezing process. They could have been performing a necessary task!

Throwing frozen vegies on the ground (still in the bag of course) breaks up the 'clumping' that often happens in the freezing process. They could have been performing a necessary task!

I used a bag of frozen peas the other night. First thing I did was drop the bag on the kitchen floor to break up the clumps. Give these guys a medal.

source.gif

If this w***er had any brains he would know that their is a timeframe for frozen stock to be sitting out of the freezer. The quicker it's on the shelves the better the quality of the product will be. The item isn't damaged by doing this. Everything is either shrink wrapped or tightly boxed to allow for stability if you drop it by accident or you do what the guys were doing in the video. It is literally the way most supermarket workers pump the stock out. Put it where it goes and 1 by 1 work each box. Again if this dude had any experience in retail at all he wouldn't say boo. Just trying to sink the boot into the low paid workers while he sits in an office all day playing with his privates. Get a life you tosser.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back