What Lions Memorabilia have you obtained and how?

Remove this Banner Ad

I've got a pair of boots signed by Jonathan Brown - We got it when we bought our car in NSW. My parents spoke to the car guy, and I was of course in QLD at the time, so dad told him I am a massive fan of the Lions. He happened to be Jonathan Brown's fiancee's father. My parents left our details and one day I was home alone in the holidays and a package arrived, wadyaknow! I was so happy!

Today I got my old Lions guernsey signed by Daniel Rich and Josh Drummond! Hoping to get some more signatures for the guernsey then put it in a frame.

What memorabilia have you obtained over the years?

Sep 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
A couple of years ago (2009 possibly?) we played Collingwood at the G, Merrett was a surprise starter at full forward and kicked the first goal from the boundary, and also sat up on Heath Shaws head at one point in the game.

We lost by 50 points or something, but I own the jumper Rog was wearing that night.

Might I add it is the old Brisbane jumper with the traditional lion on it too ;)

Mar 23, 2007
Koh Phangan
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
A friend (who is a friend of Vossies) gave me a paddle pop strawberry guernsey signed by Vossie... it says "Thanks for your support M***, even if you are too lazy to make it to games!"

It was just when the new jumper came out and no-one liked it... being a Royboy I liked the old one too, but when a mate gives you this sort of thing, signed by the great man... you've got to be appreciative and stoked in equal parts.

All our good stuff is owned by my Mrs, which is a bit sad for me lol. We have a match worn jumper signed by Acorn from his game vs the Saints last year i think it was. She got that last year when she was runner up in the BOQ Lions #1 fan competition (Vossie told us that he voted for us because we had a football / Lions kind of themed wedding).

She also has a jumper which is now framed in glass, of the 02 and 03 premiership team signatures, 02 on one side, 03 on the other. We have it framed so both sides are visable, so you can hang it either side. We have plans to one day put a hole in a wall and mount it so both sides are visable :)

I have the inaugural Brisbane Bears team signatures on a red leather football of some description (I think it was a junior Burley), my Mum was teaching the son/cousin/some relative to Brad Hardie (I think? I was 3yo or so at the time) at the time and was able to get the ball taken along to a training session, which all of the team then signed. I also have the very last Bears team signatures on another football, which I obtained by waiting at the airport after they returned from being eliminated from the finals.

Also have all of the 01, 02, 03 premiership team signatures on three Lions jumpers. Obtained by standing in the middle of the gabba during their return to the Gabba in the days after each grand final, and asking very nicely. Such a great bunch of guys, you could clearly see how exhausted they were (some were still wearing their game day jumpers too) but were still happy to keep answering the same questions over and over :thumbsu:

Harwood signed jumper courtesy of this year's player sponsorship. :thumbsu:

Got all the signatures of the inaugural Sheffield Shield winning Bulls team on cards somewhere as well. That's the extent of my memorabilia collection.

pauldrc

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner Brisbane Lions - Charlie Cameron Player Sponsor 2020 Dream Team Club Board Winner Brisbane Lions - Charlie Cameron Player Sponsor 2019 Brisbane Lions - Hugh McCluggage Player Sponsor 2018 Brisbane Lions - Hugh McCluggage Player Sponsor 2017 Brisbane Lions - Allen Christensen Player Sponsor 2016 Brisbane Lions - Dayne Beams Player Sponsor 2015 Brisbane Lions - Pearce Hanley Player Sponsor 2014 Brisbane Lions - 2013 Elliot Yeo Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - 2013 Daniel Rich Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2012 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2011 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Brisbane 2010 Player Sponsor
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
GC Suns
Had a signed pair of Mark Mickan's footy boots (lost them somehow in a move)....wow, did he have big feet....size 16 I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 7, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, Villa, McLaren F1, ENG
I think im personally funding Jamie Coopers retirement.

My 3 favorite items

fitzroy-med.jpg

kevin-murray-med.jpg

kop_print-a.jpg

BrisGirl

Club Legend
Aug 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
The very first Brisbane Lions scarf - 1997

Thrown together for the first game I think, with the very first original Brisbane Lions badge sewn on it.

Worn to every Grand Final appearance - still worn today.

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think im personally funding Jamie Coopers retirement.

My 3 favorite items

fitzroy-med.jpg

kevin-murray-med.jpg

kop_print-a.jpg

Jamie Coopers paintings are just remarkable....the above are outstanding..

He gets the likeness's for all the players, regardless of which teams..

I'm no art expert, but to me what he does is REAL art..

..it takes genuine talent to be able to do those sort of paintings..

Lucky you to have those paintings, I'm envious!

(all I've got is tweety bird wearing a Lions jumper and scarf!-I love him though, he was a gift:p)

Official match ball from the 2003 Lions v Pies Grand Final. I'm not 100% sure but I believe there were only 6 official match balls used on grand final day. I got the ball as a gift for my birthday and I was very overwhelmed and grateful to receive such a special gift.

GetAttachment.aspx

Chasing the Dream

I'm Matthew Campbell from Sportsbet
Brisbane Lions - Pearce Hanley Player Sponsor 2014 Brisbane Lions - Ryan Harwood 2011 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2012 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Daniel Merrett 2008 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Simon Black 2010 Player Sponsor
Sep 29, 2004
The GABBA is my home
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Jets, Padres, USC, Utah Jazz
I have been lucky enough over the last fees to pick up some jumpers.

Bit of a mixture really.

Just got Bryce Retzlaff's match worn jumper from the Q-Clash, his debut game.

Mitch Clark match worn from 2006 (debut year)

Scott Harding home and away Jumpers from 2006.

Daniel Rich, Simon Black, Jack Reddan and Daniel Merrett's training jumpers from 2010.

Ryan Harwood's home and away jumpers from 2010.

Match worn 2007 heritage jumper From Jason Roe (West Coast victory)

A couple of Joel Tippett jumpers from his years on the rookie list.

I also picked up 2003 player issued jumpers of Darryl White and Beau McDonald.

Nigel Lappin player issued jumper from 2008.

Picked up a 2007 player issued jumper at this years family day. It has the #3 on the back, so would have been Voss's had he played.

Finally, whilst not a Lions jumper, one I was really lucky to get was Matthew Kennedy's Brisbane Bears match worn from 1996.

There are also a couple of other jumpers not player issued from the early heritage jumper days.

Have a few footy's as well. Got a replica 2003 home game ball signed by 17 of the Premiership team thus far, and in 2004 I won a final series ball with the Toyota logo signed by Browny in a trivia quiz in Fed Square on the day before the Grand Final:thumbsu: Also have one of the match ball's from the Lions v Suns game at Southport this year in the pre-season.

Love my memorabilia, plenty of signed prints on the walls, always looking for something new:D

Nuggo

Club Legend
Aug 24, 2009
Mornington
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I have been lucky enough over the last fees to pick up some jumpers.

Bit of a mixture really.

Just got Bryce Retzlaff's match worn jumper from the Q-Clash, his debut game.

Mitch Clark match worn from 2006 (debut year)

Scott Harding home and away Jumpers from 2006.

Daniel Rich, Simon Black, Jack Reddan and Daniel Merrett's training jumpers from 2010.

Ryan Harwood's home and away jumpers from 2010.

Match worn 2007 heritage jumper From Jason Roe (West Coast victory)

A couple of Joel Tippett jumpers from his years on the rookie list.

I also picked up 2003 player issued jumpers of Darryl White and Beau McDonald.

Nigel Lappin player issued jumper from 2008.

Picked up a 2007 player issued jumper at this years family day. It has the #3 on the back, so would have been Voss's had he played.

Finally, whilst not a Lions jumper, one I was really lucky to get was Matthew Kennedy's Brisbane Bears match worn from 1996.

There are also a couple of other jumpers not player issued from the early heritage jumper days.

Have a few footy's as well. Got a replica 2003 home game ball signed by 17 of the Premiership team thus far, and in 2004 I won a final series ball with the Toyota logo signed by Browny in a trivia quiz in Fed Square on the day before the Grand Final:thumbsu: Also have one of the match ball's from the Lions v Suns game at Southport this year in the pre-season.

Love my memorabilia, plenty of signed prints on the walls, always looking for something new:D

What? Do you raid their lockers when they are in the shower or something:p

pauldrc

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner Brisbane Lions - Charlie Cameron Player Sponsor 2020 Dream Team Club Board Winner Brisbane Lions - Charlie Cameron Player Sponsor 2019 Brisbane Lions - Hugh McCluggage Player Sponsor 2018 Brisbane Lions - Hugh McCluggage Player Sponsor 2017 Brisbane Lions - Allen Christensen Player Sponsor 2016 Brisbane Lions - Dayne Beams Player Sponsor 2015 Brisbane Lions - Pearce Hanley Player Sponsor 2014 Brisbane Lions - 2013 Elliot Yeo Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - 2013 Daniel Rich Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2012 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2011 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Brisbane 2010 Player Sponsor
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
GC Suns
I had an original bottle of Brisbane Bears commemorative Port they gave the foundation members in '86 and I promised myself I wouldn't open it until they made the GF.

I drank it on Grand Final day '02 (was away for the '01 GF), then re-corked half and stuck it in the cellar (it was still OK a year later)....then drank the other half during the '03 GF, a nice headache both times but worth it!!

Should have saved some for '04....might have helped!!!

Sep 30, 2008
Western Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
For my 30th, the lovely arranged for JB to get a guernesy signed by the entire '02 Squad including the hard to get signatures, then got it framed as my present. As I type this now it sit's proudly above my desk.

I also got a signed 2003 Ball in addition to a bit of personalised stuff from No.16.

lionaround

Club Legend
Aug 9, 2009
Bris
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Brisbane Bears Foundation member keyring.

Brisbane Bears Foundation member bottle of Port with Skasey's name on it.

Brisbane Bears jumper, maroon and gold with the koala bear on the front.

Brisbane Lions 2001 Guernsey signed by the whole premiership team.

Think that's about it, lost a bit of stuff over the years to age and moving houses.

viclion17

Debutant
Jun 8, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Still got a few jumpers left to round out my jumper collection, but here is what it currently stands at:

BRISBANE LIONS
Brisbane Lions- Home Jumper-1997-99-Replica
Brisbane Lions-Home Jumper-1999-Match worn by Jason Akermanis #12 (long sleeve)
Brisbane Lions-Home Jumper-2001-Replica
Brisbane Lions- Home Jumper-2004-05-Replica (new with tags)
Brisbane Lions-Heritage Jumper-2003, 2005-Replica (signed by Jason Akermanis)
Brisbane Lions-Warm-Up Top-2004-05-Replica
Brisbane Lions-Clash Jumper-2005-Replica
Brisbane Lions-Clash Jumper-2006-Replica
Brisbane Lions-Clash Jumper-2006-Match worn by Wayde Mills #25
Brisbane Lions-10 Year Anniversary-2006-Player Issue #49 (signed by Luke Power)
Brisbane Lions-Home Jumper-2006-Match worn and signed by Justin Leppitsch #23
Brisbane Lions-Training Jumper-2006- Replica
Brisbane Lions-Heritage Jumper-2006-Replica (new with tags)
Brisbane Lions-Home Jumper-2007-Replica (with #16 on the back)
Brisbane Lions-Clash Jumper-2007-Replica (signed by team members)
Brisbane Lions-Clash Jumper-2007-Match worn by Chris Schmidt #13
Brisbane Lions-Heritage Jumper-2007-Replica (new with tags and signed by Jonothan Brown)
Brisbane Lions- Heritage Jumper-2007- Player issue- Jonothan Brown #16
Brisbane Lions- Heritage Jumper- 2007- Player issue- James Hawksley #12 (with Kings of The Pride Reunion logo)
Brisbane Lions-Home Jumper-2008-09-Replica
Brisbane Lions-Clash Jumper-2008-Replica
Brisbane Lions-Melbourne Jumper-2008-09- Replica (new with tags and signed by Jonothan Brown and Michael Voss)
Brisbane Lions-Home Jumper-2008-Match worn by Colm Begley #46
Brisbane Lions- Warm-up top-2009-Player worn by Rhan Hooper #33
Brisbane Lions-Training Jumper (Red)-2009- Player worn by Jed Adcock #7
Brisbane Lions-Training Jumper (Yellow)-2009-Player worn by Jared Brennan #17
Brisbane Lions- Melbourne Jumper-2009-Match worn by Albert Proud #2
Brisbane Lions- Melbourne Jumper-2009- Match worn by Jason Roe #29
Brisbane Lions Melbourne Jumper 2009- Player Issue- James Hawksley #12- Long sleeve
Brisbane Lions-Melbourne Jumper-2010-Match worn by Albert Proud #2
Brisbane Lions-Melbourne Jumper-2010-Replica (new with tags)
Brisbane Lions- Clash Jumper-2010-Replica (new with tags)
Brisbane Lions- Home Jumper- 2010- Replica (new with tags)
Brisbane Lions-Warm-Up top-2010-Replica
Brisbane Lions- Home Jumper- 2010- Match worn & signed by Brendan Fevola #5
Brisbane Lions- QLD Spirit NAB Cup Jumper-2011- Player Issue- Xavier Clarke #15
Brisbane Lions- Training Jumper- 2011- Player worn by Jared Polec #4
Brisbane Lions- Home Jumper- 2011-Replica
Brisbane Lions- Away Jumper- 2011-Replica

FITZROY LIONS
Fitzroy Lions- Home Jumper-1983- Match worn by #48 (signed by Kevin Murray)
Fitzroy Lions-Home Jumper-1980’s-Replica (with #3 on the back)
Fitzroy Lions-Home Jumper-1990-92- Match worn by John Ironmonger #6
Fitzroy Lions- Training Jumper (Red)- 1993-94- Player worn by Ross Lyon #29
Fitzroy Lions-Home Jumper-1993-94- Replica
Fitzroy Lions- Home Jumper- 1995- Replica (brand new with tag)
Fitzroy Lions- Pre-Season Jumper-1995- Replica (Reproduction)
Fitzroy Lions-Home Jumper-1996- Replica (Reproduction, signed by Bernie Quinlan and Kevin Murray)
Fitzroy Lions- Home Jumper-1996-Replica
Fitzroy Lions Pre-Season Jumper-1996-Original Replica
Fitzroy FC (VAFA)- Home Jumper-2009-10- Match worn by #33

BRISBANE BEARS
Brisbane Bears- Home Jumper- 1987-88- Replica (new with tags, long sleeve)
Brisbane Bears- Home Jumper- 1992-93- Player Issue Scott McIvor #7 (new with tags)
Brisbane Bears-Home Jumper-1996- Replica (new with tags, signed by Michael Voss)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back