Analysis What list is in the worst state?

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
If you're talking about clubs down the bottom, the key metric is elite talent or potential elite talent under 25/26.

For example, Daniel Talia might be a fine player but he's not going to win a flag at Adelaide.

You have to assess the players who are young enough to be part of the next challenge.

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Adelaide are at ground zero in terms of their rebuild - a few potentially good players showed a bit this year.

Ditto North.

Hawthorns list is pretty ugly imo, I'd say them.

I think with Adelaide they at least know their list is shite and there a bunch of obvious delists. With the hawks and north I’m not sure the job is that easy. Players are good one week and s**t the next.

Coaster2012

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Manchester City, Lakers
Adelaide for sure. They are so far from being a good side again that you cant even see the light at the end of the tunnel atm. I couldnt even name you 1 young gun under 23 on their list. Maybe Fogarty, but that's still a big maybe right now.

May 23, 2010
Chalong 83130
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth (Demons)
I reckon you could merge North and the Crows into one squad and they'd still struggle to win 50 percent of their games.
Gonna take a while to get used to Brisbane fans being cocky.
Seems like only yesterday the same could be said of Brissy and the Suns!

I think with Adelaide they at least know their list is sh*te and there a bunch of obvious delists. With the hawks and north I’m not sure the job is that easy. Players are good one week and sh*t the next.

North don’t lack for players they need to move on from. Wood, MacMillan, Hall, Campbell, Williams and it seems unlikely Jacobs body will allow him to succeed. Maybe even Daw, Pittard and Atley.

They have some promising youth, but too many middle age list cloggers.

Apr 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I reckon you could merge North and the Crows into one squad and they'd still struggle to win 50 percent of their games.

Let's not be silly. They'd be one of the better teams in the competition. You are getting fooled by key injuries and the lack of depth in each.

Both lists have massive problems moving forward. But if you are selecting a 22 from both teams fully fit right now, they'd be good.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
I actually like Adelaide’s list going forward. Lots of unheralded quality young players, and enough mid-range players to use as collateral if they need to. Also Tom Doedee who’s IMO the most underrated player in the league. Definitely not a conventional train wreck 18th placed team.

North’s list has talented young guns but is pretty directionless under Shaw. Not the worst.

Probably out of Hawthorn and Essendon. Both not going anywhere in a hurry despite signing a bunch of players over the past few years. Essendon‘s better because of McGrath, Ridley and Draper. Hawthorn really only have Day and Scrimshaw as decent young players going forward.

Back