What messaging do you want to hear from the club right now?

Yubby

All Australian
Dec 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Aston Villa
I posted in last week's game thread that everything feels like a marketing stunt

Messaging isn't going to help.

It'll feel like more of the same.

It's time to show, not say.

Players - show commitment and intent on field and off. Those out of contract to stop the rumors and re-sign if you're going to.

Coaching - play players in their ideal positions, merit based selection, put players in a position to succeed, a willingness to change the gameplan more than just moving magnets

Front office - keep improving the books, improve the football culture

Those are what means more to me than anything else.

I think you're right there Wick, all the messaging just feels like marketing puff and deflection and lacks any modicum of honesty or awareness of what's really going on. You look at Teague's post game press conferences and all we get is 'we have to do better', 'we have to complete for longer', 'we have to execute under pressure'... but we get no explanation as to why our effort is not there, why we are not competing, why we are not executing for longer...

We get no honesty or insight into why this is happening from anyone at the club. Instead we get commentary on stuff we can all see but are still left with more questions than answers. If our skills are the issue then tell us why they are the issue! I mean i have no idea if the club/coaches believe our defensive effort is acceptable or not.

A lot of people have said that words are meaningless and actions is what counts now and i completely agree to an extent. Perhaps my desire to hear words is to give me comfort that the club actually knows how to get out of the position they are in because what i see and hear does not give me any reassurances that we've got people that know how to come out the other side of this. Hence why i think the club needs to sell us some hope when hope is down.

Aug 26, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Harry McKay has re-signed.
The club has approached Ben McKay.
Teague has been sacked.
Most assistant coaches have been told they will not be offered a new contract.
There will be a full review of the whole football department.
Mitch McGovern is on the trading block.
Levi Casboult has retired effective immediately.
Zac Williams has renegotiated his contract to be more inline with the player he is $450k.

jj1978

Brownlow Medallist
May 11, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Harry McKay has re-signed.
The club has approached Ben McKay.
Teague has been sacked.
Most assistant coaches have been told they will not be offered a new contract.
There will be a full review of the whole football department.
Mitch McGovern is on the trading block.
Levi Casboult has retired effective immediately.
Zac Williams has renegotiated his contract to be more inline with the player he is $450k.
That belongs in the rumour thread!

Dunna Heartknee

Club Legend
Jul 4, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
I really hope the club keeps it's mouth shut for the rest of the ******* season.
Growing tired of all the lies and innuendo.
Need to see it with my eyes, cause my ears are bleeding.

Yay..
The cavalry arrive, club spokesman (that doesn't support Carlton) got the scoop

but just like our gameplan and disposal, it’s inflexible and can’t hit the right spots
I don't know... if you wriggle around and get in the right position it could work... just like the seashells.

RAPPA

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 20, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
I don't know... if you wriggle around and get in the right position it could work... just like the seashells.

AA78FFF8-C4F8-4A69-B0BF-52196D904E8E.gif

GapInIkonPark

Premiership Player
Nov 22, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
The best message I have heard from the club was Trigg saying that there would not be any quick fixes.

What do I want to hear now?

1. Acknowledge that we stuffed up the rebuild by not emphasising player development at the same time as we recruited a large number of young players.

2. We are looking for a new senior coach to replace Teague. Someone with a more sophisticated game plan and who can adapt during a match and season.

3. We are playing the young players that are sufficiently match fit in the seniors, and in positions where they are best suited, during the remainder of 2021.

4. What Cripps and Docherty are working on to be better / get back to their best.

Weiterbot23

Cancelled
Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer Sponsor 2016 Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer 2009 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2008
Yarraville
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
OKC
I want the club to send a video of Murphy and Teauge in their undies getting hosed down

Back