What messaging do you want to hear from the club right now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Harry McKay has re-signed.
The club has approached Ben McKay.
Teague has been sacked.
Most assistant coaches have been told they will not be offered a new contract.
There will be a full review of the whole football department.
Mitch McGovern is on the trading block.
Levi Casboult has retired effective immediately.
Zac Williams has renegotiated his contract to be more inline with the player he is $450k.

Nice wishlist.

Those taking this as a rumor... Read the thread question.

Harry McKay has re-signed.
The club has approached Ben McKay.
Teague has been sacked.
Most assistant coaches have been told they will not be offered a new contract.
There will be a full review of the whole football department.
Mitch McGovern is on the trading block.
Levi Casboult has retired effective immediately.
Zac Williams has renegotiated his contract to be more inline with the player he is $450k.
This is a rollercoaster of a post.

Not sure if this is the right place for it, but I think the announcement of the review and the timing of the bye is the perfect time for a reset for the playing group and coaches.
Forget previous form. Everyone gets a clean slate. Let's put our best available team out there, with everyone on notice. A really poor performance and you're straight out. Below average and you get one more week to get it right before being dropped. Doesn't matter who you are.
Set some standards. Make sure everyone is clear of the standards and on the same page.
If that means sitting back down and talking to Murphy again and telling him that him making it to 300 games relies solely on him holding his spot, then so be it. If that means SPS comes back in despite a poor game in the VFL, so be it.
What's the worst that could happen?

I want blood. The bloodiest review we’ve ever had. Time this club wakes up to itself and works out who is going to represent the club with passion and take us to the promised land.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don’t believe a word the club says. We lie and spin on every conceivable aspect of the club. If anything I want the club to say less. Release facts, avoid commentary, it sounds like BS most of the time and no one is buying.
Ask yourself this, do you really think we have 81,000 real members? A good chunk of those are free, refer a friend ones. It may be a good strategy to target latent/inactive support but it’s not real, yet!

I’m not sure the club understands how angry the supporter base is. Everyone I know that supports Carlton have either gone to ground or is actively hostile to the club, be it coaching, overpayment of average players, (Williams, McGov) selection, fitness, development, game plan. The review is due and should be utterly brutal. No free rides. s**t or get off the pot!

I don't wanna hear a ****** thing out of this club, all it does is talk "were close" blah blah blah. Come out and speak through your actions like Cotchin did for Richmond after their review... when he came back nasty.

hell's yeah.

Cotchin is a great example.
Off the field probably a really nice bloke, on the field a complete campaigner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t believe a word the club says.
I feel like I'm channelling HARKER when I say that, essentially, it boils down to this.

I haven't trusted anything that's come out of the club regardless of who's said it since Liddle arrived, because the timing and content of each announcement has coincided with addressing whatever renewed disaster/crisis has arisen in the moment. He seems to go instinctively for damage control, but then when the time for spin is done he falls back and lets the crisis' begin again.

It bothers me. Even the difference in amount of reserves info that's been released and the kind of information - player specific, development oriented - is suspect, because the change co-incided with everything else. Might be Liddle; might be Power and the VFL coach, but the messaging is both too clean and too positive tone wise.

And I've no doubt Liddle is sick of being blamed for everything short of the Holt disappearance, but them's the breaks when the messaging went so clearly and cleanly from one way to another, and everything released since has a similar feel to it. If you allow marketing thinking to dominate every interaction you make, people are going to start to smell a rat.

I’d like to know why we always appear tired and are built like little leaguers when we have AR

I’d also like to know why we chose to cut Rocca and Diesel who were clearly having a positive impact to instead keep those coaching staff who are clearly not delivering …

I'm not so sure all of this conjecture about AR failures tells the real story.
I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of this so-called lack of fitness is a large part mental rather than physical.
Our players, our team, our brands has been ridiculed, flogged, derided and had such a negative vibe built up over so long that our guys are really suffering - I think mentally exhausted as much as physical.

There might be a lot more going on behind closed doors that we don't know about contributing to this also.
I think MLG should step aside now and let Sayers come in with a clear space to get this done properly.
Something stinks, and we need to get rid of it all - no beating around the bush any more with bs rhetoric and bandaids. We, the fans, need to hear the truth.

The fans have had a gutful, The players have had a gutful.

Stop focusing on Ikon Park.
Stop focusing on debt reduction.
Stop focusing of lying about membership numbers that don't exist.
Stop focusing on moneygrabbing at all costs.

Start focusing on getting your sh!t together, restoring a good culture and a winning mindset.
Forget about all the other stuff and concentrate on building this team into a winning brand again where it hasn't been for over 20 years.

PS I blame you Elliott for a lot of this

Last edited:
I'm not so sure all of this conjecture about AR failures tells the real story.
I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of this so-called lack of fitness is a large part mental rather than physical.
Our players, our team, our brands has been ridiculed, flogged, derided and had such a negative vibe built up over so long that our guys are really suffering - I think mentally exhausted as much as physical.

There might be a lot more going on behind closed doors that we don't know about contributing to this also.
I think MLG should step aside now and let Sayers come in with a clear space to get this done properly.
Something stinks, and we need to get rid of it all - no beating around the bush any more with bs rhetoric and bandaids. We, the fans, need to hear the truth.

The fans have had a gutful, The players have had a gutful.

Stop focusing on Ikon Park.
Stop focusing on debt reduction.
Stop focusing of lying about membership numbers that don't exist.
Stop focusing on moneygrabbing at all costs.

Start focusing on getting your sh!t together, restoring a good culture and a winning mindset.
Forget about all the other stuff and concentrate on building this team into a winning brand again where it hasn't been for over 20 years.

PS I blame you Elliott for a lot of this
Hmmm...

I think you're extrapolating fan feeling over the playing group. To an extent, the externals definitely have some effect over the playing list, but they cannot afford to be passionate in the way we are passionate; passion gets in the way of reason, stops one from seeing reality. They need to be able to make decisions sans noise, and the players need to be able to execute their roles without interference.

Then there's the notion that Carlton are 'lying about membership numbers that don't exist'. It kind of depends what you're talking about here; are you saying that auto-renewals or foldovers aren't members? 'Refer a friend for a free membership' aren't real members? I kind of agree, but if that's the case more than half the comp are inflating their membership numbers.

A bit of transparency, authenticity and ownership would be nice for a change, I think most supporters are disillusioned by spin atm. Just make Weiters head of media for a few weeks I reckon...
I reckon most other Carlton supporters are now where I was about 12 months ago. I was already disillusioned with our coaching group selections and spin when we were losing after a 5 goal lead against Hawks in Perth last season. At that point, I knew this coaching group is busted in terms of how they are as a collective. I wanted to see big change in off season such as a few assistant gone at minimum. It never happened, it was like the club was actually ok with what they dished up last year. As a result I really did not listen to anything from the club in pre-season and the few things I heard were more by accident on radio but never want out of my way to search for anything club was saying as it seemed all spin from late last season so why listen to people that do not have my confidence. It's sad that some people in high places at club had to wait until this season to realize this coaching group as a collective just does not work.
I really not listening to anything from the club. Action is only thing that will mean anything to me at this point.

I have thought the updates from the club about the review have been good. I would have preferred it from the club BEFORE it came out in the media though.

Hard hits of the week can be parked until further notice

This is good, I'm hearing less from the club. Keep it up if you know what i mean.

BUT: bringing up mid-season reviews in a season like this is a little like flushing a toilet only to realise the turd stayed in the bowl. Leave it be guys. Walk away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back