What other BF boards do you frequent?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton, Mount Buller Demons
Might be interesting to see what boards other SFAers hang around on the daily if you're not much of a multi-board poster.

So what other boards grab your attention and why?

Lately I've been around the SFA far more than I had been all season, as it took me a while to get the hang of what the hell actually goes on here. Other than that I've always just been on the Richmond, Entertainment Wrestling and Dreamteam board pretty much since I joined BF. The occasional lurk around the AFL board to have a laugh at some of the dead serious outrageous predictions and opinions. Maybe a post here and there in the Entertainment board.

Used to be Tigers board 95% of the time before I found the SFA and those sad sacks keep getting more negative.

OFG board a little bit but otherwise pretty much just the SFA now

NM board when I'm in a good mood but the negativity of some posters towards coach and players is disgusting. When you read someone wishing someone performs badly so that the poster is 'justified' in putting them down like a lame dog, you know they're too far gone. The discussions about the coach in particular, despite results this year, made for fantastic material for trolls. Because some of us were legitimately that stupid.
Video game board when I have something worth talking about.
Wrestling board for reactions to the WWE product
General discussion for very interesting concepts and some great humour
Media and Entertainment for suggestions and decent opinions

I can't stand the General AFL discussion board. I don't want the lobotomy necessary to post there with any frequency. They either have had lobotomies or they lied about their ages. Not taking any other options.

The 2010 ClarkeM says GD board...
That was one of the best 2 nights I have had on the internet. And I have watched my fair share of pr0n.

I think I have a handful of posts in the random chat mega thread but that's about it.

It's entirely possible I've been mistaking you for someone else this whole time.

Anyway, I got my start on the Footy Jumpers board before Easty invited me here and I haven't really looked back. Don't really make jumpers any more, almost all of my Photoshop work is either NHL or NBA related. Used to view the Dees' board but it became too depressing and all the best posters from there are here anyway (except maybe Biff and TPM). I will sneak a peak in the TV and Music boards but they're too elitist, even for me.

Apart from the Sweet FA, my online presence is actually frighteningly normal with the odd exception of the Av Club or reddit. I've only ever been on a forum like this for this long once and that one died in within a year when all the cool people moved on. :( I did like the off-topic section of the GTA Forums before the trailer for V came out and tons of language-challenged members flooded it. There were a lot of great people on that forum too.

NM board when I'm in a good mood but the negativity of some posters towards coach and players is disgusting. When you read someone wishing someone performs badly so that the poster is 'justified' in putting them down like a lame dog, you know they're too far gone. The discussions about the coach in particular, despite results this year, made for fantastic material for trolls. Because some of us were legitimately that stupid.
Video game board when I have something worth talking about.
Wrestling board for reactions to the WWE product
General discussion for very interesting concepts and some great humour
Media and Entertainment for suggestions and decent opinions

I can't stand the General AFL discussion board. I don't want the lobotomy necessary to post there with any frequency.
It seems like that's the go with a lot of team boards - full of negativity and ultimately drives posters away from it. The Richmond Board is pretty bad during the season, there is a few good posters who I really enjoy so I stick around to see what they have to post. The TAN/spam thread is pretty fun on the Tigers board, it's hilarious when people are laughing about what people post on the main board.

It seems like that's the go with a lot of team boards - full of negativity and ultimately drives posters away from it. The Richmond Board is pretty bad during the season, there is a few good posters who I really enjoy so I stick around to see what they have to post. The TAN/spam thread is pretty fun on the Tigers board, it's hilarious when people are laughing about what people post on the main board.
I hope you never have to experience the shame of reading coach bashing after a thrilling semi final win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope you never have to experience the shame of reading coach bashing after a thrilling semi final win.

He barracks for Richmond...

The Richmond Board is pretty bad during the season, there is a few good posters who I really enjoy so I stick around to see what they have to post. The TAN/spam thread is pretty fun on the Tigers board, it's hilarious when people are laughing about what people post on the main board.

One thing that the Richmond board does really well is that banter thread it has for opposing teams for the week prior to a game.

I'm sure I'm cooler than whoever it was you were thinking of this whole time. :cool:

We don't win semi finals... :(

My dream is to one day see my team in a semi-final.

And probably.

These days probably 80% of my posts are on the Essendon and cricket boards. Also often post on here, soccer and AFL boards, but no where near as much as the other two. Do post on other boards here and there but not often.

Can't stand the HTB. Very rarely go on there.

One thing that the Richmond board does really well is that banter thread it has for opposing teams for the week prior to a game.
Despite the negativity of some I think the Richmond board is one of the most well ran and structured boards with great weekly thread write ups and events during the season and has moderators who aren't all that power hungry.

Despite the negativity of some I think the Richmond board is one of the most well ran and structured boards with great weekly thread write ups and events during the season and has moderators who aren't all that power hungry.
I facepalm when I read that my own mods are being labelled as oppressive dictators. I'm not a MOD so they have no idea what 'power hungry' really means.

As LCynic said, the negativity on the North board just gets too much for me so I never frequent their during the offseason. So many times I just wanted to vent at the negativity but that wouldn't do any good so I just ignore it. Knowing what such great blokes the players (in particular B Scott) are from first hand experience it does make it hard to listen to it sometimes. I visit during the season after victories, with the marquee appearance during the off season.

These days my BF days are spent solely on this board with the occasional appearance on the soccer board but even that is slowing down a fair bit now.

That was one of the best 2 nights I have had on the internet. And I have watched my fair share of pr0n.
No doubt. I still have that wallpaper someone made of all of the events...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back