What pissed me off this week ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Doubling up this week [catch up for being barred half the time]
When are people going to start having mass protests [ala China] about how pathetic and inadequate our judges are.
9 out of 10 coppers are hiding behind trees being tax collectors while the real policemen are getting bent over by these corrupt pieces of s**t.

1. Give me a break, dead Politicians wives receive the pay rise , Yep that compares to Paramedics. Where are all the do gooder tree hugging rainbow paddle pop sucking protesters when you need them, sorry, I forgot they're too busy complaining about Vegemite being black.
2. Collingwood supporters knocking Grundy's game today, you idiots, he was the only bloke who kept you in the game. Did you not see it rained all day.?
3. Another week of Richmond crap and their moderators barring every other club posters for jackshit.

Last edited:
1. Bruce Bruce Bruce, your love gushing over Richmond players was sickening, [YET AGAIN]
2. Essendons handling of the Joey D. decision. MAKE ONE FFS.
3. Now what do we do.

1. Bloody truck roll over in N.S.W. with all my beer on it . Live too far away to take advantage.
2. Who cares who or how many are sticking whatever into Miley Cyrus.
3. Climate protesters saying sorry for traffic interruptions. I'd like to run over a few of them, then say sorry, yeah sorry I missed so many of ya mates.

World Mental Health Day. Not so much the day, but the event we had at work. So, we got a psychologist in, presentation in front of about 100-odd people from different - but related -organisations (I probably knew a dozen people there and maybe knew two people well). As we walked in we were given a printout and a pen: red flag. Then when it started, we were told it was an interactive session... oh God.

It was all about us listing the most important things in our life, how satisfied we are with them, where we were strongest and where we were weakest and then discussing it with the person next to us. Who could be our manager, it could be a complete stranger, or it could be a CEO.

The problem with these activities and things like R U OK? Day are that in my opinion they're fundamentally wrong. Having 'a conversation' - at least a constructive one - isn't easy. It's bloody hard and when it's forced on me in a room of a hundred people, I simply refuse to do it. You need a person whom you trust to be completely open with and you need a suitable location (not an auditorium with 100 people around).

This guy who was hosting was making a big deal about how great it was that so much conversation was going on: I'd bet anything that there wasn't anything constructive being said. People who were next to their work mates were probably talking about their weekend plans. I was talking about how my pen wasn't working very well and praying that he'd get on with it.

Ohi would fking hate that

We had a staff member commit suicide and the school did NOTHING of the sort. Counsellors available sure- and had a special guy come in and do a presentation but it was optional. I was absent sick, but they actually brought him back in (for that exact instance) and i did attend, cause i wanted to. It was brilliant actually- just him and like 10 of us in the room.

That s**t you described is just pointless and not on, imo.

Last edited:
The problem with these activities and things like R U OK? Day are that in my opinion they're fundamentally wrong. Having 'a conversation' - at least a constructive one - isn't easy. It's bloody hard and when it's forced on me in a room of a hundred people, I simply refuse to do it. You need a person whom you trust to be completely open with and you need a suitable location (not an auditorium with 100 people around).

Not just that, some people are quite comfortable not having those conservations in the first place. You know the ‘it’s ok to have a conversation’ - absolutely fair enough - it’s also ok if you don’t want or need to.

I’ve got a two day conference coming up where no doubt some of this will occur. My discussions will likely be pen-related as well.

Not just that, some people are quite comfortable not having those conservations in the first place. You know the ‘it’s ok to have a conversation’ - absolutely fair enough - it’s also ok if you don’t want or need to.

I’ve got a two day conference coming up where no doubt some of this will occur. My discussions will likely be pen-related as well.

Ive been to a counsellor- about 6-8 sessions. DId not like it, not for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ohi would fking hate that

We had a staff member commit suicide and the school did NOTHING of the sort. Counsellors available sure- and had a special guy come in and do a presentation but it was optional. I was absent sick, but they actually brought him back in (for that exact instance) and i did attend, cause i wanted to. It was brilliant actually- just him and like 10 of us in the room.

That s**t you described is just pointless and not on, imo.

Yeah, we organised something similar when someone in our team lost her baby at about 30-odd weeks. My first daughter was about two months old and we'd sort of bonded a bit at work during the pregnancies, so it affected me a bit. But I pushed to get someone in to talk to the team about how to handle it practically, especially when the team member ultimately returned, but also how to respond when others around the office asked about things like whether she'd given birth yet etc.

Yeah, we organised something similar when someone in our team lost her baby at about 30-odd weeks. My first daughter was about two months old and we'd sort of bonded a bit at work during the pregnancies, so it affected me a bit. But I pushed to get someone in to talk to the team about how to handle it practically, especially when the team member ultimately returned, but also how to respond when others around the office asked about things like whether she'd given birth yet etc.

Yeah i was taken by surprise how much the suicide effected me. I stayed back at school the day of, as long as possible (me LOL) like past 5pm having drinks with ppl- then everyone had to leave, so i had to. I got in my car and just cried so much i couldnt drive for like 30+minutes. Got home and just felt ******* awful- still think about it to this day and its been 2 years now.

Never even spoke to the bloke once, just didnt interact at all- didnt work in his classes either.

Yeah i was taken by surprise how much the suicide effected me. I stayed back at school the day of, as long as possible (me LOL) like past 5pm having drinks with ppl- then everyone had to leave, so i had to. I got in my car and just cried so much i couldnt drive for like 30+minutes. Got home and just felt ******* awful- still think about it to this day and its been 2 years now.

Never even spoke to the bloke once, just didnt interact at all- didnt work in his classes either.

It's a bit like a funeral: we're affected by the outpouring of emotion of the people around us I suppose. Or our helplessness of how grief stricken the people around us are. I guess it's why some people will cry more at a funeral of someone we barely knew than at, say, a grandparent's.

It's a bit like a funeral: we're affected by the outpouring of emotion of the people around us I suppose. Or our helplessness of how grief stricken the people around us are. I guess it's why some people will cry more at a funeral of someone we barely knew than at, say, a grandparent's.

I didnt go to the funeral- and i was away sick when they had the memorial at school.

Yeah i did not cry much at my grandparents- they all had very long, happy lives- 80/90 min. I miss them but i wasnt sobbing in agony, i can be a logical person..

Actually speaking of death.. had a bit of a cry last night.

I just realised it was my uncles 20th anniversary this year (heart attack) and no one in my family mentioned it whatsoever. Would have been back in July. My family is pretty much split down the middle at the mo..

I don’t really get why those conversations are so hard though . It’s not like you were being asked to talk about your sex lives. In my opinion there should be more of this , this society is getting way too disconnected from each other.

I belong to two groups , one women only and one mixed sex. We talk about all sorts of stuff and I’ve found it really cathartic to talk about a lot of my most innermost feelings. The group is really non judgmental and accepting. It’s helped me enormously with my anxiety and depression. Oh I thought it was only to one other person lol.

I belong to two groups , one women only and one mixed sex. We talk about all sorts of stuff and I’ve found it really cathartic to talk about a lot of my most innermost feelings. The group is really non judgmental and accepting. It’s helped me enormously with my anxiety and depression. Oh I thought it was only to one other person lol.

And thats awesome. I dont really have that tbh- i have close friends but we doing go really Dnm with our stuff. Which is fine.

I don’t really get why those conversations are so hard though . It’s not like you were being asked to talk about your sex lives. In my opinion there should be more of this , this society is getting way too disconnected from each other.

It's too ambitious. List the five most important things in your life: OK, can probably deal with that as an ice breaker. Then score each on how satisfied you are with each at the moment and talk all about it to the random you've plonked yourself next to. Oh and you know you have probably a maximum of a minute each to speak before the presenter wraps it up. That's not a recipe for anything constructive to occur. A more cynical person might even just consider these interludes to be a convenient way to stretch a 45 minute fee into a 60 minute fee.

The people who do things like R U OK well are the ones who keep it simple. Just get together for a morning tea and enjoy each others' company. Put some foundations in place by building a relationship and then maybe a few months down the track you'll have that mutual trust that one of you could go to the other if required.

I went through some training with a group of peers in our organisation recently, which was really well done. We basically had nothing in common besides being at roughly a similar level in our organisation of about 600 people. There were lots of open and honest discussions over about 10 sessions across maybe 4-5 months, a lot of honesty about what we find tough about our roles and managing our teams and it was because we built that rapport and respect and (importantly) we typically didn't need to talk unless we wanted to. So when we did break up into pairs and work through a particular scenario, it was usually really productive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back