What Player would you take from a another club on a short term basis to fill a gap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What player would you take from a another club on a short term basis to fill a gap on the list while we rebuild from the bottom up?

What player would you take from a another club on a short term basis to fill a gap on the list while we rebuild from the bottom up?

1) Nathan Fyfe
2) We're not rebuilding from the bottom up.

no one. I would not be giving up any picks in this years draft.. who knows what you may get with a third rounder.. if it was trading out a pittard or williams or macmillan or wood for something then maybe. But no one would want them anyway

I don't think we are in a rebuild from bottom up, I think we are just going to continue with drafting as normal.

About half our list (22 players) were recruited between 2013 to 2019, 14 of the 22 were in the game against Brisbane.

We have four really good players that are likely retiring soonish: Higgins, Goldstein, Tarrant and Cunnington

Cunnington and Goldstein are the hard ones to cover because extractors/ruckman are hard to develop quickly. If the prognosis for Cunnington's back isn't good perhaps put a free agency bid on Brad Crouch. We are getting a fair bit of the contested ball via Anderson and Simpkin but they aren't the biggest blokes and we would ideally want to unleash Simpkin to be more offensive. I love Anderson's ferocity, but I don't think the bash and crash for his size will be good for his longevity.

Tarrant is an excellent defender but I am fairly happy with McKay and Durdin.

Higgins is a great player but there is a lot to like from LDU, Thomas, Taylor, Scott, Walker, etc. I would invest our early picks over the next few years on the best mids we can find.

The ruck is a hard one to pick, not sure how long Goldy will go for, we likely have time to look at a couple of speculative ruckman in case Xerri doesn't make it as a #1 ruckman.

My main concern is for back issues that has caused someone like Cunnington to basically miss the entire season, never heard of someone with serious back problems getting better over time.

Firstly, we aren't at rock bottom. Close, but with Larkey (22), Jy (22), Zurhaar (22), Scott (20), LDU (21), TT (20), Curtis (20), Kyron (21), BMc (22) etc and also decent mid-age players like Jed (26), LMac (25), Froggy (25) it's not all bad. Even Mahony is still 18 and not out of his depth, EVW hasn't had a great run and only 24, Bonar's 21. Hell, even Sugar is 24 and Garner 26 if they get a decent run with injury

Small forward (Papley/Cameron/Walters) or and Cripps/Fyfe type big midfielder.

I'd take Phillips at #2 assuming the Crows don't take him. Who would you trade the death ride Melbourne pick (currently #11) for?

Chad Weigard seems to play well against us plus he looks out of sorts at hawthorn a 3rd pick might get him.
Need a small forward and won’t be getting Cameron or papley

Chad Weigard seems to play well against us plus he looks out of sorts at hawthorn a 3rd pick might get him.
Need a small forward and won’t be getting Cameron or papley
What would you give up for Wingard - turns 28 next year? What would expect Hawthorn to accept? If the answer to both questions isn't the same then forget it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What would you give up for Wingard - turns 28 next year? What would expect Hawthorn to accept? If the answer to both questions isn't the same then forget it.
Think Hawthorn would take a 3rd pick anything more then that you be kidding and you wouldn’t worry about it as you only get 2 years maybe 3 out of him .

Think Hawthorn would take a 3rd pick anything more then that you be kidding and you wouldn’t worry about it as you only get 2 years maybe 3 out of him .

This has to be a tZ alt account.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back