What popular TV show do you proudly brag that you have never watched?

Remove this Banner Ad

How can you call something a “ piece of ****” when you haven’t watched a single episode?

I have never used drugs, but I know that they are bad for me.

I have never met Adolf Hitler, but by all reports, he is a rotten guy.

My point is, I don't have to actually watch a show to know if I want to watch it or not. Sometimes the ads for it, or clips from the show are enough.

I hope you never bag an AFL player, because you have never played AFL, or I hope that you don't criticise anyone doing a job in any other industry, other than your own, since you think seeing, hearing, experiencing something is the ONLY way that you can have an opinion on it.

I have never used drugs, but I know that they are bad for me.

My point is, I don't have to actually watch a show to know if I want to watch it or not. Sometimes the ads for it, or clips from the show are enough.

I hope you never bag an AFL player, because you have never played AFL, or I hope that you don't criticise anyone doing a job in any other industry, other than your own, since you think seeing, hearing, experiencing something is the ONLY way that you can have an opinion on it.
Idiotic comparisons. Like so dumb I don’t know where to begin. I reckon I understand why you don’t want to watch GoT. ‘Big band theory’ or ‘keeping up with the kardashians’ may be more your speed.

Calling something “a piece of s**t” is vastly different to knowing something is not for you. Entertainment is subjective, not everyone is going to enjoy GoT, I get that. If you said “I’m not a fan of medieval fantasy, so have no desire to watch game of thrones”, fair enough.

But you were implying by calling it a “piece of s**t” that it is objectively a poor quality television programme. As it is one of the best written and best acted tv programmes of all time, i’d love to hear why you think it’s “a piece of s**t”

There are times when those arguments work, there are times when they're a stretch, there are times when they show you have no idea what you are talking about. You've hit the last one in previously unseen levels of ridiculous.

I hope you've never bagged an afl player that you've never seen play. That would fit with you original post. It would also be stupid to do as is saying a show is s**t when you've never seen it.

As well as being stupid beyond belief, this point opposes your 'argument'. All reports are he was a rotten guy so you feel he is too. All reports regarding GoT, would suggest it was a great show.

Is 070911 regarding Geelong flags or is it your birth date? If it's the latter your posts make a lot more sense.

I've never watched the sopranos. People with similar tastes to me always list it alongside other favourites as one of the best. I just can't get into mob shows in general. Not sure why but I've tried goodfellas and the godfather too. Never finished either.

Having said that I have no doubt the sopranos is an excellent show. It's just not one I gravitate towards. Being of at least average intelligence allows someone to realise that doesn't make a show s**t.

Last edited:
Season 1-4*
images

Good quality show at its best, but still far removed from the best of all time.

Not a TV series but a series of movies I have never watched are any of the Marvel superhero movies. And regardless of when I meet my end, be it later today by means of a freak heart attack or stroke; or from old age decades from now I will depart this Earth having never watched any of them.

I have also never watched a single one of the Lord of the Rings movies, and although I tried the first two Harry Potter movies I never finished either of them and have never watched any of the subsequent films. I also tried reading the Harry Potter books but didn't like them either, giving up very quickly.

I guess I'm just not really into science fiction and fantasy.

Idiotic comparisons. Like so dumb I don’t know where to begin. I reckon I understand why you don’t want to watch GoT. ‘Big band theory’ or ‘keeping up with the kardashians’ may be more your speed.

Calling something “a piece of ****” is vastly different to knowing something is not for you. Entertainment is subjective, not everyone is going to enjoy GoT, I get that. If you said “I’m not a fan of medieval fantasy, so have no desire to watch game of thrones”, fair enough.

But you were implying by calling it a “piece of ****” that it is objectively a poor quality television programme. As it is one of the best written and best acted tv programmes of all time, i’d love to hear why you think it’s “a piece of ****”

"Games Of Thrones" fan right here.

Did you dress up and cosplay when you watched the final of GoT? I bet you get excited when winter is coming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are times when those arguments work, there are times when they're a stretch, there are times when they show you have no idea what you are talking about. You've hit the last one in previously unseen levels of ridiculous.

I hope you've never bagged an afl player that you've never seen play. That would fit with you original post. It would also be stupid to do as is saying a show is **** when you've never seen it.

As well as being stupid beyond belief, this point opposes your 'argument'. All reports are he was a rotten guy so you feel he is too. All reports regarding GoT, would suggest it was a great show.

Is 070911 regarding Geelong flags or is it your birth date? If it's the latter your posts make a lot more sense.

I've never watched the sopranos. People with similar tastes to me always list it alongside other favourites as one of the best. I just can't get into mob shows in general. Not sure why but I've tried goodfellas and the godfather too. Never finished either.

Having said that I have no doubt the sopranos is an excellent show. It's just not one I gravitate towards. Being of at least average intelligence allows someone to realise that doesn't make a show ****.

070911 is regarding Geelong flags (watch end of September, as I attempt to change my user name to Catters07091119).

My point is, that I am allowed to not like GoT. I don't see why you and others are so defensive, and unable to accept that I don't watch the show.

Also, my comment about Hitler is to show the fallacy of how someone can't have an opinion on something, unless they have experienced it. There are plenty of things I don't need to have a first-hand account of to know how I feel about it.

If I watched GoT, and then thought it was a PoS, then would my criticism be valid in your eyes, since I actually watched it, or would you then say that I watched it, wanting to not like it, so I had a bad attitude going in, and that is why I didn't enjoy it.

Whether I watched it or not, you would still not accept my opinion, so I will save myself some hours and just not bother, since watching it or not won't change your viewpoint.

Medieval dramas don't interest me, but my biggest issue is that I feel it forced down our throats by ads, social media, and every person on TV, radio and online talking about it, and acting like every single person on the face of the earth watches it. People shouldn't assume what I do and don't watch, and I don't like when people discuss the show in front of me when I don't watch it. It is rude to cut someone out of the conversation like that.

It is like the Marvel films. Anyone who says that they don't like them are reviled and castigated. Who cares who watches what? You watch what you want, but don't expect me to just fall into line and watch something just because everyone else does. I watch what I want to watch, and enjoy.

‘Medieval dramas don’t interest me ‘ is a reasonable and valid reason for not watching a show.

Calling something a ‘piece of s**t’ is something you could only claim if you have actually seen it.

Surely you can see the difference.

I’ve never seen breaking bad or the sopranos. Do you think it’s reasonable of me to then come out and claim them to be terrible shows?

If I watched GoT, and then thought it was a PoS, then would my criticism be valid in your eyes, since I actually watched it, or would you then say that I watched it, wanting to not like it, so I had a bad attitude going in, and that is why I didn't enjoy it.
Why yes, your opinion on whether a show is s**t would be more valid if you’d seen it. I truly can’t believe we have found someone that needs that explained.

I wouldn’t care in the slightest if you liked it or not. I’d be pretty confident you wouldnt as it doesn’t seem to be your type of show. That doesn’t make something s**t.

Also, I’m far from defensive of GoT at present. I hated how it ended. Just hate the arrogance of someone believing their opinion to be a fact more, especially when their opinion is based on nothing.

Last edited:
Not a TV series but a series of movies I have never watched are any of the Marvel superhero movies. And regardless of when I meet my end, be it later today by means of a freak heart attack or stroke; or from old age decades from now I will depart this Earth having never watched any of them.

I have also never watched a single one of the Lord of the Rings movies, and although I tried the first two Harry Potter movies I never finished either of them and have never watched any of the subsequent films. I also tried reading the Harry Potter books but didn't like them either, giving up very quickly.

I guess I'm just not really into science fiction and fantasy.

I could have written this post, verbatim! Likewise, never seen a Marvel movie, a LoTR movie or a HP movie. Just not my bag, but I would never ridicule anyone who likes (or even loves) them. It's a big world, after all.

What popular TV shows past and present, have you not only never seen an episode of, but am proud to admit that you have never watched, despite other people liking it.

Which show did you never catch an episode of, that everyone else watched, that you freely admit that you haven't watched, and didn't care to watch, and why?

For me, it is "Game Of Thrones". I think it is the most overhyped piece of **** ever, and I have never watched one episode of it. What irritates me about it especially is how every single public profile person not only says that they watch it, but don't seem to consider that not everyone else in the world watches it too. Is it a directive that TV and radio personalities have to watch GoT?

It is the hype, but also I saw a clip of "The Red Wedding". That was sick, and any sick mind who conceived that scene needs to be locked away from society in a home for the criminally insane for having homicidal tendencies. I saw thought that the dragon girl's wig looked like something that would be worn at a UK Christmas Pantomine.

I also have never watched a lot of the reality shows, especially "Married At First Sight".

So, full disclosure here, tell me what popular show, from the past or today, you have ever seen and don't care to watch?

Never watched an episode but it's the most overhyped piece of s**t ever.

I hope you're never required for Jury duty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back