Universal Love What Port Memorabilia do you have?

Remove this Banner Ad

BRADDLES 😻

Reunited after 40 years. Lost him at Footy Park in 1983. Sunday, August 21, to be exact. Norwood belted us by ten goals to pretty much end our finals chances (might've snuck in if the real life Braddles didn't piss off to England with the Australian U19s cricket team.)

Anyway, my cheeky lil' 8yo ass would bring him to games. Me and Dad sat in the front row near the goals and I'd stick him in the mesh wire so his plush head poked over the fence. On this fateful day, we got a close-up. My 15yo cousin lost his s**t when he saw us on TV.

"Look, it's Uncle Jim and Magpiespowaz - and his gay magpie!"

Halfway back to town on the Footy Park Express, I realised I'd left him there. We went to all the local shops to buy another but couldn't find him anywhere. He was gone.

Been looking for another one ever since. This bad boy popped up on eBay the other day. Clicked buy without hesitation, price be damned.

He's a bit smaller than I remember. Then again, I was only eight. And pretty short. So yeah, no wonder he was almost half my size, lol...

Screen Shot 2023-10-04 at 4.04.34 pm.png

P.S. Such a classic piece NoddyHolder. My brother's best mate had one back in the day. Wore it everywhere. Seen a few pop up recently - Westies, Norwood, Torrens. No Port, tho. Actually, there's some really nice Torrens stuff around. But I'm sticking to my Port 1982-1990 focus. Get sidetracked enough with random OG Kenner Star Wars s**t, lmao...

upload_2015-1-9_12-6-52.png

Last edited:
I have a match-worn, signed and framed Dean Brogan guernsey from our game vs Richmond on our 140th anniversary. This is peak poortz era, including MyATM sponsor. DM if you are interested.

20231004_163350.jpg

Picked this up today.
Was taking some baseball cards in to be graded and couldn’t resist.

Attachments

• IMG_6125.jpeg
    IMG_6125.jpeg
    254.1 KB · Views: 61
BRADDLES 😻

Reunited after 40 years. Lost him at Footy Park in 1983. Sunday, August 21, to be exact. Norwood belted us by ten goals to pretty much end our finals chances (might've snuck in if the real life Braddles didn't piss off to England with the Australian U19s cricket team.)

Anyway, my cheeky lil' 8yo ass would bring him to games. Me and Dad sat in the front row near the goals and I'd stick him in the mesh wire so his plush head poked over the fence. On this fateful day, we got a close-up. My 15yo cousin lost his s**t when he saw us on TV.

"Look, it's Uncle Jim and Magpiespowaz - and his gay magpie!"

Halfway back to town on the Footy Park Express, I realised I'd left him there. We went to all the local shops to buy another but couldn't find him anywhere. He was gone.

Been looking for another one ever since. This bad boy popped up on eBay the other day. Clicked buy without hesitation, price be damned.

He's a bit smaller than I remember. Then again, I was only eight. And pretty short. So yeah, no wonder he was almost half my size, lol...

View attachment 1821933

P.S. Such a classic piece NoddyHolder. My brother's best mate had one back in the day. Wore it everywhere. Seen a few pop up recently - Westies, Norwood, Torrens. No Port, tho. Actually, there's some really nice Torrens stuff around. But I'm sticking to my Port 1982-1990 focus. Get sidetracked enough with random OG Kenner Star Wars s**t, lmao...

View attachment 1821940

Haha - yes, I had one of those tops. As you can see, the sleeves and trims were proper black, but the body was more grey than black, maybe due to the process used for the picture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back