Analysis What position would Toby Thurstans plays in our 2020 team?

In which position would you deploy Tony Thurston?

• Forward

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Ruck

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Defense

Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thurstans would be the tallest player in our current defence by at least 5cm, he played some decent games for sturt as a full back when Power listed players were spread around the sanfl like brown's cows, and I suspect he could have been developed into a better and more consistent player under the one club system we have today.

The above aside who could forget his cameo in the 2004 gf, those crucial goals either side of half time were worth their weight in gold! :)

Apr 27, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Houston Rockets
Who would be the better defender Dougal Howard or Catdog?
Thurstons was great when we had a good team in 07 but went backwards with the rest of team from 08 onwards so I'm gonna think he would be pretty solid in our currently well coached backline.
Overall though he would be a situational KPD who would get games if we needed a bit more height.

klem22

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2008
mt gambier
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Toby was not what you call a club champion but was a very serviceable player for Port He goes down in history as a player who kicked three goals in PA historic first AFL grand final most players will give an arm and a leg to achieve that.
Cant see what all the garbage is about.
WELL DONE TOBY THURSTON.

elbarton

All Australian
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
1 of only 10 players to play in multiple AFL GFs for the club. He was more than handy.

What if CatDog’s greatest achievement is, infact: yet to come; the invention of time travel in order to alter the outcome of the 2007 GF? Makes you think 🤔

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
Can someone fill me in why the heck he screamed cat dog into the mic on GF day? When I was at the game I looked at my mum confused AF, and to this day my confusion still remains.

As a player, he was a spud for the most part. Played the game of his career that afternoon. IIRC, he was one of a few (if not the only one) who played all 25 games in 04 for us.

70sDinosaur

Premiership Player
May 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What if CatDog’s greatest achievement is, infact: yet to come; the invention of time travel in order to alter the outcome of the 2007 GF? Makes you think 🤔
We don't need the invention of time travel to alter the outcome of the 2007 GF, we just need the AFL to properly enforce its anti-doping rules.

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Can someone fill me in why the heck he screamed cat dog into the mic on GF day? When I was at the game I looked at my mum confused AF, and to this day my confusion still remains.

As a player, he was a spud for the most part. Played the game of his career that afternoon. IIRC, he was one of a few (if not the only one) who played all 25 games in 04 for us.

You got to go to the 2004 gf? Lucky fella.

And in answer to your question... I have no idea. Maybe he was a fan of the animated series

(Log in to remove this ad.)

elbarton

All Australian
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Cowards who suggested we couldn’t use a freshly defrosted Thurstans take a good hard look

Back