What position would who play in?

Remove this Banner Ad

With apologies to Issy, Em, WC06 and any other female posters I forgot to mention, most of us would have (or still do) played football at some level.

If in some parallel universe you were drafted by the Eagles what position would you have played in.

As a kid growing up, since I was always kinda small and also played in the age group above me for my club (we were often bereft of numbers) I spent a lot of time as a forward pocket.

Therefore I always fancied myself as a crumbing forward pocket - think a slow Phil Matera.

What position would you play?

When I used to play I was always a small forward. I remember in 1982 winning every game throughout the season and losing the grandfinal. I was the only multiple scorer on my team that day. I was priviledged to have repeated the same feat in 1997, by winning every game throughout the year but losing the grand final. That was my last game!

Well.. I'd probably be a small forward.
Being 5'11" and a half and not having heaps of speed, I'm not sure where else I'd play.
My kicking is very... unpredictable though. Sometimes I'll peg it exactly where I want, but sometimes.. eh.

I didn't play much AFL as a youngin', I played soccer for a while.

Half back flanker probably. Good at reading the play and have quite a fast speed burst over 5 metres or so.

When I used to play I was always a small forward. I remember in 1982 winning every game throughout the season and losing the grandfinal. I was the only multiple scorer on my team that day. I was priviledged to have repeated the same feat in 1997, by winning every game throughout the year but losing the grand final. That was my last game!
choke_full.gif

At school they had a women's footy team but jeez they were crap, I played the dashing midfielder type that had a little bit of a temper, I'd say the Kerr of women's football just couldn't help myself at times :( :D

They were so crap that I much preferred to play with the guys, most if not all the chics were as soft as butter and fell to easily, made me look badder that it should have :thumbsdown: and no I'm no butch, far from it I'd say a Tony Notte type of build but hey it doesn't stop me been as rough as nails or throwing my weight around:D (considering some of these chics were like twice the size of me :rolleyes:)

I was thinking of having a sex change and getting drafted as a midfielder for the Eagles, sounds enticingly good :)

They already went down that road with McDougall, it didn't really work out:p

Hahahaha:)

I reckon Issy sounds tougher than Doogs already anyway.

She would've been harder at it than Mitch Morton too from the sounds of it.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still play footy for my local club and usually play in defence. At 6' I'm a short arse by AFL standards, but often one of the taller blokes at suburban level. So I often play FB, and recently I've had stints at CHB as I've put on a fair bit of muscle in the last 12 months.

I even had a stint in the ruck in one game this year, as our ruckman went down with injury and I was the next tallest who wasn't so fat he couldn't jump :D It was only for 15mins in the last qtr, so it wasn't too bad.

So if I were drafted to an AFL club, probably end up playing back pocket :( Most boring position on the footy field.

im 16 and im about 6ft3 so i play mainly at CHF or FF, with stints in the ruck

but being to small for ruck in the afl i would like to be a CHF

I've never played Aussie Rules. I was always too light for Rugby League and I don't even know who my local Rules team would be (possibly Western Suburbs). When I was young there was NO penetration of Rules into high schools; the choices were Rugby Union or soccer and as I dislike the first choice and wasn't "ethnic" enough for the second I didn't play anything. My father however played both Rugby League and Aussie Rules in Wagga many years ago.

Hehe I wasn't implying that you weren't;)

But the team is unlikely to take that chance anyway - once bitten twice shy...

They will never know cause I would look very 'manly' ;)

I could always use my fantastic, superb, rare talent hypnotic skills (the best in the business) and make them do what ever I wont, now that sounds very good to me :thumbsu:

They will never know cause I would look very 'manly' ;)

I could always use my fantastic, superb, rare talent hypnotic skills (the best in the business) and make them do what ever I wont, now that sounds very good to me :thumbsu:
.. does that consist of you flashing your set at the scouts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back