What shits ya!

Remove this Banner Ad

On that...

Train timetable changes that are akin to shuffling the deck chairs rather than doing anything meaningful.

On our line, there was one 12 minute gap. They've filled that which was needed.

However, they've taken what was previously a neat frequency that amounted to a train every six minutes in peak hour and it's now a mish mash of a few 9 minute gaps followed by only 3 minutes. This means that instead of a well spread load across all trains, you have a train after a 9 minute gap that is packed to the rafters, followed by a trailing train that is half empty.

What's the sense in that?

On that...

Train timetable changes that are akin to shuffling the deck chairs rather than doing anything meaningful.

However, they've taken what was previously a neat frequency that amounted to a train every six minutes in peak hour and it's now a mish mash of a few 9 minute gaps followed by only 3 minutes. This means that instead of a well spread load across all trains, you have a train after a 9 minute gap that is packed to the rafters, followed by a trailing train that is half empty.

perfect! wait three minutes and get a seat?

On that...

It usually has more to do with the loop than anything else doesn't it?

It usually has more to do with the loop than anything else doesn't it?
That and having to fit the V/Lines in.

They've put all our trains through the loop (previously there were three that ran direct) and taken some Sunbury line ones out of the loop.

Im actually a bit concerned with my line when we get the new high capacity trains through next year. Im not sure they are even capable of going through the loop so that's going to cause me grief

Im actually a bit concerned with my line when we get the new high capacity trains through next year. Im not sure they are even capable of going through the loop so that's going to cause me grief

Not going to cause me grief anymore, get off before the loop now

Not going to cause me grief anymore, get off before the loop now

Yeah if I don't go through the loop and have to change at Richmond it adds about 10mins to the journey. Trip is already an hour.

Then I read today that the hyperloop concept could do Melbourne to Sydney in 53mins. Imagine living in Melbourne but working in Sydney? incredible.

You poor precious darling.

My train station only runs a train every 2 ******* hours.

Yeah but you're a country bumpkin.
Its rough mate.

Instead of being able to walk the 15 minutes to the train station, catch the 10 minute train into town and then walk another 15 minutes to work I instead have to drive 10 minutes and walk 5 minutes from my park.

Its rough mate.

Instead of being able to walk the 15 minutes to the train station, catch the 10 minute train into town and then walk another 15 minutes to work I instead have to drive 10 minutes and walk 5 minutes from my park.
And you're still in Bendigo...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah if I don't go through the loop and have to change at Richmond it adds about 10mins to the journey. Trip is already an hour.

Then I read today that the hyperloop concept could do Melbourne to Sydney in 53mins. Imagine living in Melbourne but working in Sydney? incredible.

Yeah, it'd be funny if you could get to sydney faster than to work. I've had about 20 mins and an extra train and tran ride added to my trip. Still, beats not having a job!

Yeah, it'd be funny if you could get to sydney faster than to work. I've had about 20 mins and an extra train and tran ride added to my trip. Still, beats not having a job!
An hour and forty to Melbourne Central from here without a car at all (most would drive to the station so that cuts out a fair chunk of time, thankfully). Doss could get to Sydney faster than we could get to the airport.

When fans give send-offs to injured players :thumbsdown:. If there was any reason more to despise the Ormond Football Club they just handed it to us.

Buzz words. Once it was 'muppet'. These days it's 'flog'.
Rather than use words that come and go why not stick to the classics? 'Idiot', 'dickhead', 'tosser' 'clown' all work just fine.

Buzz words. Once it was 'muppet'. These days it's 'flog'.
Rather than use words that come and go why not stick to the classics? 'Idiot', 'dickhead', 'tosser' 'clown' all work just fine.

All classics would've started as buzzwords, it's whether they are retained over time as to whether they become accepted.

I like 'goose'.
It's pretty old school but still works. And it works for kids who've had minor accidents or fully grown, epic levels of foolishness or arrogance.

Idiot and dickhead are also excellent and serviceable expressions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back