What shits ya!

Remove this Banner Ad

American tv shows that warn they contain 'medical procedures' at the beginning before proceeding to blur everything out and show anything that might be red or bloody in black and white. The UK show everything and don't have a warning beforehand. Wtf?
I wonder if that has anything to do with the 'video games make people violent' crowd. Perhaps seeing a bit of blood might make you curious to see it in real life?

I wonder if that has anything to do with the 'video games make people violent' crowd. Perhaps seeing a bit of blood might make you curious to see it in real life?
I'm sure it's something like that which is laughable given their gun laws/shooting deaths etc. Guns don't kill people. TV shows that show medical procedures kill people.

But actually it's not just limited to that. I notice on US shows they blur out the strangest things like a logo on someone's clothes or a sign on a store or pretty much anything that's a brand. Is it because they didn't receive money for product placement or what?

I'm sure it's something like that which is laughable given their gun laws/shooting deaths etc. Guns don't kill people. TV shows that show medical procedures kill people.

But actually it's not just limited to that. I notice on US shows they blur out the strangest things like a logo on someone's clothes or a sign on a store or pretty much anything that's a brand. Is it because they didn't receive money for product placement or what?

When i was over there I found they also are very specific about any drugs. Like full scientific drug breakdowns of what's in it during an advertisement etc, this is just on advertising.

I assume due to the litigious society they have companies and content providers have to be super careful.

Yeah pretty much. No free advertisements in the land of the free.

Yeah, probably capitalism taken to it's logical extreme.

If that is the case then they sort of have a point, in terms of medical procedures might be like pr0n for psychopaths or something. But then some people have foot fetishes and we don't blur out feet so. If it is supposed to reduce murders then the problem they're trying to solve is arse-backwards. I reckon most of the gun deaths that occur are normal people who have a legitimate belief that there is a threat and they are doing the best that they can to protect themselves and others. The problem is most of the time they are mistaken, and/or lethal force is inappropriate in the vast majority of those situations. How many accidental deaths are okay in a year though? It's like that road toll ad. Every life that is lost is someone's mother, father, sister, brother, etc. But then they also still have capital punishment soo.....

When i was over there I found they also are very specific about any drugs. Like full scientific drug breakdowns of what's in it during an advertisement etc, this is just on advertising.

I assume due to the litigious society they have companies and content providers have to be super careful.
Those ads are hilarious. 30sec ad saying how great the drug is followed by 2mins of how the drug will mess you up.

Those ads are hilarious. 30sec ad saying how great the drug is followed by 2mins of how the drug will mess you up.
Probably beats "nuramol will fix your toothache!" How about get your arse to the dentist and get the tooth sorted out. Things don't hurt for no reason doofus.

Yeah, probably capitalism taken to it's logical extreme.

If that is the case then they sort of have a point, in terms of medical procedures might be like pr0n for psychopaths or something. But then some people have foot fetishes and we don't blur out feet so. If it is supposed to reduce murders then the problem they're trying to solve is arse-backwards. I reckon most of the gun deaths that occur are normal people who have a legitimate belief that there is a threat and they are doing the best that they can to protect themselves and others. The problem is most of the time they are mistaken, and/or lethal force is inappropriate in the vast majority of those situations. How many accidental deaths are okay in a year though? It's like that road toll ad. Every life that is lost is someone's mother, father, sister, brother, etc. But then they also still have capital punishment soo.....
It's a good thing they don't get Embarrassing Bodies in the US then. There'd be bedlam.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leaky f****** pipes.
Noticed a damp spot on my bedroom carpet yesterday, felt around further and there was a huge wet spot.
Plumber comes in today, finds a small leak in a pipe in the wall, seals it up, not too much trouble.
Got some carpet experts in, hoping it would be a quick drying job.
They lift the carpet, remove the underlay, exposing the damp slab. Then they bring in a huge heater/dehumidifier, and say I have to leave it on for at least 4 days!
Oh yeah, the carpet is about 3 months old.

Truth or dare.

I spent about 4 hours with my youngest in emergency last night due to a bloody bead stuck so far up her nose that I couldn't see it and she couldn't blow it out.

All's well that ends well but the positive is my kids now know truth or dare has consequences, and by extension neither are keen on playing it again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back