What shits ya!

So people at either extreme basically.

I'm definitely down with that.

Is it just me, or is 'extreme' starting to cover more and more of the population?

Is the proportion of rational people shrinking, or are the imbeciles just getting louder?

Is it just me, or is 'extreme' starting to cover more and more of the population?

Is the proportion of rational people shrinking, or are the imbeciles just getting louder?
It seems if you're not obviously one then you must obviously be the other. People have a hard time accepting the concept that you can be in the middle on things.

Either fringe has more access to get their crazy voices out there with the interwebz and podcasts and talkback radio providing easy platforms to spread their crazy. I don't know that either fringe is any 'bigger' than it was, just more exposed.

Either fringe has more access to get their crazy voices out there with the interwebz and podcasts and talkback radio providing easy platforms to spread their crazy. I don't know that either fringe is any 'bigger' than it was, just more exposed.
So the imbeciles are getting louder.

So the imbeciles are getting louder.
Pretty much, but more so due to technology rather than anything they're doing themselves IMO.

The price of puppies. **** me.
Yeah it's become pretty crazy. Our pug cost $800 when she was a puppy. You'd be battling to see pug puppies for less than double that now.

Yeah it's become pretty crazy. Our pug cost $800 when she was a puppy. You'd be battling to see pug puppies for less than double that now.
Missus looked at Daschund pups.

$3200.

How is that justified?

$3200.

How is that justified?
Well they would probably argue vet bills associated with birthing, health checks, worming etc etc but it's hard not to think people are just profiteering and if there are people willing to pay it..

$3200.

How is that justified?
Supply and demand? Honest question, I don't know anything about dog breeding.

Whilst I don't know anything about the industry, high prices would seem to be a good thing to me.

You have to be REALLY committed to your pet and its care if you spend that sort of money.

It's my understanding (without any facts to back it up) that most reputable breeders aren't doing it to gouge consumers - the breeding and care of puppies would surely be an expensive exercise.

I wouldn’t go for a pure bred.
Mutts generally are healthier and live longer.
Generally, but my cross bred border collie blue heeler died suddenly at 12 and the pure bred pug will be 14 in August.

My advice would be just get the dog you want and can afford.

Jan 17, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Generally, but my cross bred border collie blue heeler died suddenly at 12 and the pure bred pug will be 14 in August.

My advice would be just get the dog you want and can afford.

Ah okay. 12 yo isn’t too bad, but your pug is doing well!
I think I’ve got all my pups based on “love at first sight”

Ah okay. 12 yo isn’t too bad, but your pug is doing well!
I think I’ve got all my pups based on “love at first sight”
I dunno. I felt pretty ripped off with 12. We always thought he'd live longer. He was an awesome dog too. I still can't bring myself to watch any vids of him and he died 3 or 4 years ago now. :(

The pug would have been put down by most people I reckon when she injured her spine. She's been in a wheelchair full time since January last year and is incontinent but we manage. Just keeping her comfortable really. She's certainly stubborn.

Jan 17, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I dunno. I felt pretty ripped off with 12. We always thought he'd live longer. He was an awesome dog too. I still can't bring myself to watch any vids of him and he died 3 or 4 years ago now. :(

The pug would have been put down by most people I reckon when she injured her spine. She's been in a wheelchair full time since January last year and is incontinent but we manage. Just keeping her comfortable really. She's certainly stubborn.

I haven’t had a dog make it past 10 yet (there’s been some bad luck) so 12 seems okay to me.
Wow that’s some real dedication with your pug, any dog lover would applaud that.

I’ve never gotten over any of my ones passing. The only bad thing about dogs is that they don’t live long enough.

I wouldn’t go for a pure bred.
Mutts generally are healthier and live longer.

My purebred Siberian Husky had a stroke at five years old, lost the function of his back legs.

Had to put him down.

Needless to say I was ******* devastated - have not had a dog since.

Jan 17, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
My purebred Siberian Husky had a stroke at five years old, lost the function of his back legs.

Had to put him down.

Damn, that sucks. Losing a dog in their prime would be tough.
Haven’t really heard of many dogs having strokes. (Maybe it’s common, not sure)

Had to put him down.

That's rough. We're lucky the pug is small enough to be manageable in terms of expressing her bladder and moving her around and stuff. A bigger dog and we probably wouldn't have had much choice but to put her down. It's also been a gradual decline from when the incident first happened over a period of I guess about 5 years so it's been more manageable than 'all of a sudden your dog can't walk'.

Ford Australia or more to the point the dimwits Ford USA send out here to run Ford.

Stalling on allowing the Mustang to race in Supercars next season. Just another in the long line of stupid out of touch idiotic decisions they have made in regards to motor racing in the last 40 years.
I know motor sport no longer sells cars and has not done for over 20 years now but no one is asking them to fork out any cash and the Mustang is a race car / sports car. 90% of the owners are car people.
But hey what do you expect, they thought the 4 cylinder turbo Mustang would out sell the V8 version and the biggest laugh of the lot where GT buyers where not really interested in Motor sport. Where do they find these *******s.:huh:
Looking like 2018 will be the swan song for the long suffering ford fans :thumbsdown::'(

Message to Ford 18 to 30 year old Women buy a Ford Focus not a Mustang. You can not damage the brand of a Mustang by allowing it to race !

Ford Australia or more to the point the dimwits Ford USA send out here to run Ford.

Stalling on allowing the Mustang to race in Supercars next season. Just another in the long line of stupid out of touch idiotic decisions they have made in regards to motor racing in the last 40 years.
I know motor sport no longer sells cars and has not done for over 20 years now but no one is asking them to fork out any cash and the Mustang is a race car / sports car. 90% of the owners are car people.
But hey what do you expect, they thought the 4 cylinder turbo Mustang would out sell the V8 version and the biggest laugh of the lot where GT buyers where not really interested in Motor sport. Where do they find these *******s.:huh:
Looking like 2018 will be the swan song for the long suffering ford fans :thumbsdown::'(

Message to Ford 18 to 30 year old Women buy a Ford Focus not a Mustang. You can not damage the brand of a Mustang by allowing it to race !
As far as four cylinders goes, a Focus is a pretty sweet little car.

Also, mustangs probably aren't allowed on p-plates, because turbo?

Back