What shits ya!

Remove this Banner Ad

Mick Molloy shits me.

Don’t find him funny in the slightest.
You and me both, hotvindaloo.

You know who else shits me? Kylie/Simon/Jane from the Metro Network Control Centre!

I don't want to hear your good wishes when I'm on a packed peak hour train with my face wedged in someone's smelly armpit. It's deeply patronising!

At shopping centres, why do some people want to reverse their cars into a parking spot?
It always takes them 3 or 4 goes to get in straight, while everyone else has to wait. Madness.
To top it off, it means the boot is much harder to get access to when loading up the car. Lunacy I say.

At shopping centres, why do some people want to reverse their cars into a parking spot?
It always takes them 3 or 4 goes to get in straight, while everyone else has to wait. Madness.
To top it off, it means the boot is much harder to get access to when loading up the car. Lunacy I say.
I generally try to find a place to drive through but if not, agreed. And it's always SUV's that do it too.

I back in, and I rarely (very, very rarely) take more than one go at it. Benefits of having a small car and some spatial awareness, I suppose.

I'd much rather take the time to back into the spot than get stuck in a spot and be unable to back out because the spots are so narrow, there's a pillar next to me, some moron parked too close to the line, or is blocking the road and not giving me enough space to back out without taking three goes at it, or various other moronic things that morons tend to do.

Exception to that is when I used to work at the supermarket, I would drive in because it was quicker, the spots were wider, and by the time I had to leave there wouldn't be any other cars around anyway to block me in. Usually do groceries that way too, which eliminates the issue of trolleys, space to open the boot and the need to drive into a carpark at a shopping centre.

I back in, and I rarely (very, very rarely) take more than one go at it. Benefits of having a small car and some spatial awareness, I suppose.

I'd much rather take the time to back into the spot than get stuck in a spot and be unable to back out because the spots are so narrow, there's a pillar next to me, some moron parked too close to the line, or is blocking the road and not giving me enough space to back out without taking three goes at it, or various other moronic things that morons tend to do.

Exception to that is when I used to work at the supermarket, I would drive in because it was quicker, the spots were wider, and by the time I had to leave there wouldn't be any other cars around anyway to block me in. Usually do groceries that way too, which eliminates the issue of trolleys, space to open the boot and the need to drive into a carpark at a shopping centre.

Fair enough. And I would actually be impressed to watch someone back it in first go. Never seen that yet.

I back in every time I can and I would say I get it right first time 90% of the time. I find that I can back in with less holding up of traffic than going in forward which often means you have to do a part reverse section of the parking maneuver. I love just being able to drive straight out when I'm done.

I back in every time I can and I would say I get it right first time 90% of the time. I find that I can back in with less holding up of traffic than going in forward which often means you have to do a part reverse section of the parking maneuver. I love just being able to drive straight out when I'm done.
Backing into a carpark at a kids daycare centre just pisses everyone off. Aint nobody got time to wait for people to park. Give me my kids and let me gtfo

Backing into a carpark at a kids daycare centre just pisses everyone off. Aint nobody got time to wait for people to park. Give me my kids and let me gtfo
But then backing out from a car park after you're done causes delays too. Either way there will be a delay somewhere along the line, either when someone backs in to a bay, or when someone backs out of a bay.

But then backing out from a car park after you're done causes delays too. Either way there will be a delay somewhere along the line, either when someone backs in to a bay, or when someone backs out of a bay.
Generally, backing out of a bay should be quicker, as you're not trying to fit the car into the space. Just reverse and swing, then take off.

Saying that, I do reverse park whenever I can. Never had to do 5 turns though. I guess people who can't reverse park without 5 point turn should just stop trying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This word shits me when used in sport.

I believe I've mentioned it here, but the ascension of "DEE-fence" and "OFF-ence" is the worst crime Paul Roos has committed against the game

******* Americanisms.

I'm paranoid as * backing out of a space at daycare. Kids can cone from any angle and i don't trust the little buggers.

Back into the park on arrival when i know the coast is clear, and then if someone sneaks their way into the carpark after me I'm forewarned when some kid picks the moment to run off whilst their parent is preoccupied strapping a sibling in.

Offense.

Being offended is perfectly ok, you cannot control the immediate emotional response that makes you offended.

However, expecting someone to change their behaviour or words because you are offended?

Grow up and deal with it.
I see what you mean, but I think there's middle ground.

Nobody should expect others to change their behaviour for their own benefit, but there are occasions where it would be nice.

It's part of living in a society; you adapt to varying degrees in order to co-exist. Big or small.

I also think that there are some benefits, where you may not have even realised the impact of something you've said, until it's pointed out. Obviously extreme types of people can react too strongly ("how dare you use the word _____, it offends me as a _____"), however if you accept that reaction for what it is (an overreaction from one person), you can still think about the content and potentially learn something from it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back