What shits ya!

Remove this Banner Ad

I know..I will have to drive my kid to cricket...to sit around all day...while he sits around all day!
And I'm playing in Clayton, which is basically the centre of Melbourne's rain belt!
Feel for the curators working all week in that heat to get a pitch up that might not get used.
There are catch up games on Sunday for most of the leagues.

Have just moved back to Melbourne from Mildura and back I with the folks until I find a new place.

They’re both retired teachers and travel a lot, so fairly worldly. But EVERY NIGHT they watch the most garbage tv. Between us we have access to Foxtel, Netflix and Disney+, yet they’ll watch Border Security and I’m A Celebrity.

Now I’m a big Star Wars fan and my folks haven’t seen much, if any of the movies. They suggested we sit together and watch it as a family, which is cool. I suggested to wait for Ep9 to be released on Disney+ so we could watch it all without a gap. In the meantime I suggested The Mandalorian. They tried it for an episode and it was “too difficult to follow”. It literally follows one character! If we do end up watching the movies, I can see me spending a lot of time explaining things.

I just don’t understand how they get any sort of mental stimulation or enjoyment out of what they watch. I know I should just leave them be if they are happy, but it just shits me knowing they are spending their retirement watching compete drivel.
I can relate to quite a lot of that, but I don't think you can judge someone for not liking Star Wars (the other stuff, I completely agree with).

Have just moved back to Melbourne from Mildura and back I with the folks until I find a new place.

They’re both retired teachers and travel a lot, so fairly worldly. But EVERY NIGHT they watch the most garbage tv. Between us we have access to Foxtel, Netflix and Disney+, yet they’ll watch Border Security and I’m A Celebrity.

Now I’m a big Star Wars fan and my folks haven’t seen much, if any of the movies. They suggested we sit together and watch it as a family, which is cool. I suggested to wait for Ep9 to be released on Disney+ so we could watch it all without a gap. In the meantime I suggested The Mandalorian. They tried it for an episode and it was “too difficult to follow”. It literally follows one character! If we do end up watching the movies, I can see me spending a lot of time explaining things.

I just don’t understand how they get any sort of mental stimulation or enjoyment out of what they watch. I know I should just leave them be if they are happy, but it just shits me knowing they are spending their retirement watching compete drivel.

I think the purpose of TV diverged long ago from mental stimulation to mental sedation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

having to somehow send the boy to school while the girl gets to stay home for 2 more weeks

caused an uproar round ere..
Not just kids that are getting the run-around. I'm meant to be at school to teach my VCE class then return home to remotely teach my junior classes. Not the worst situation, but not ideal.

Separating my two (also a boy & a girl) would be great.
I think either would be Rather jealous about the other going to school if they weren’t both home.
As it is I have one angry kid who finishes her primary school work sheet in minutes and one miserable one in Yr 7 who can’t focus in the online classroom and is just struggling on every level.
I can honestly say I have never been this stressed for this long.

having to somehow send the boy to school while the girl gets to stay home for 2 more weeks

caused an uproar round ere..
Glad mine have all left the nest.

The Furphy ad is very clever but geez it shits me.

Get an actor who at least has a semi decent kicking action then say the leather went through FOR A ******* GOAL, NOT ******* 6.

If they're going to play on Aussie Rules, respect the audience. If you need to ask "how did he kick a 6, why did he get 6" then what's the point of the ad.

Rant over.

People who use "lol" in a conversation instead of laughing or chuckling.

One of my colleagues says, "LAMO!". Laughing arse my off?

Schools still being closed.
My boy is a different kid, skiving off (home) school, angry, bad attitude, doesn’t care about his marks.
I just hope this is temporary but not sure about that anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back